HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

John 14:6, Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Truth, He, Jesus is the truth of God that sets free (Read John 8:32-36; 14:6). He is the teacher and the source of truth (Matthew 22:16; Mark 12:14; John 1:14, 17).

John 8:  32, And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    33, They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    34, Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    35, And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
    36, If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Mathew 22: 16, And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

Mark 12:14, And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth:Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

John 1: 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    15, John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
    16, And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
    17, For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus is the Word made flesh.  He is God, and as God saying and speaking only the things the Father showed Him, He has every right to claim to be Truth.  

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Willa said:

Jesus is the Word made flesh.  He is God, and as God saying and speaking only the things the Father showed Him, He has every right to claim to be Truth.  

Totally agree.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/7/2017 at 5:06 PM, Yowm said:

Any huckster can claim anything but hopefully they have credentials to back it up their claim.

Romans 1:1-6 NASBS
[1] Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, [2] which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, [3] concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, [4] who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, [5] through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake, [6] among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;

From the above scriptures we see that Paul relied on the prophesies in the OT and the history of the Nation of Israel, the same way Peter use to address the first assebly at the time of Penticost, exactly the same way Jesus use to explain to those disciples on the road to Emmaous that the CHRIST had to suffer first unto death and be Resurrected before he will be exaulted in the very High, and be the judge of all. 

It is not only by declaring what someone Believes about Jesus, which sometimes maybe ok, but most of the time we will be met with indiference , they say that what you believe, and we believe something else. 

That's what Jesus teach us by his own example, even though he was saying with God everything is possible, he warned us as God had warned him. 

That it has to be view with a grane of salt. 

JESUS teach us the disipline he had to learn for himself. "there is no other way, I must drink this cup". If not nothing will be acoblish. 

That there is a window within which God works, and we are not allowed to work out this window, and even though we do he is not with us and we can find our selfs in error.

Paul learned this lesson very well, been stubborn that with God everything is possible, trying to win over the Jews he almost lost his life. 

And Jesus had to tell him go away from them, "they will not listen, the more they harden their hearts". 

Saying that as you suggested we need to substantiate what we announce. 

The faith of Jesus Christ is not about bosting and about shouting and diminishing others. 

Thank you for your post. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/5/2017 at 11:13 PM, Willa said:

On 7/6/2017 at 4:20 PM, HAZARD said:

Totally agree.

Amein and HalleluYAH!   JESUS is NAME above every name in heaven and earth.

We boast in JESUS, all in all in Him - Salvation in HIS NAME,  Power is His, Glory is His, Mercy and Judgment is His..

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Saying that as you suggested we need to substantiate what we announce. 

The faith of Jesus Christ is not about bosting and about shouting and diminishing others. 

We don't have to substantiate anything - a lot of what people say is totally false,  and when the LIGHT comes, the LIGHT overcomes their darkness.  

JESUS is LIGHT!

No need to diminish others - they are nothing already,  without trusting JESUS,  without faith in the ONE TRUE GOD and HIS WORD.

If they will listen to HIS WORD, and turn to Him, and repent, then they will be raised up out of the mud they are in,  they may be lifted up out of death, God Willing,  out of all the false religion and false gospels of the world - many shown on this forum,  many  from all over the world,  many claiming to be true,  but they are not.

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Amein and HalleluYAH!   JESUS is NAME above every name in heaven and earth.

We boast in JESUS, all in all in Him - Salvation in HIS NAME,  Power is His, Glory is His, Mercy and Judgment is His..

We don't have to substantiate anything - a lot of what people say is totally false,  and when the LIGHT comes, the LIGHT overcomes their darkness.  

JESUS is LIGHT!

No need to diminish others - they are nothing already,  without trusting JESUS,  without faith in the ONE TRUE GOD and HIS WORD.

If they will listen to HIS WORD, and turn to Him, and repent, then they will be raised up out of the mud they are in,  they may be lifted up out of death, God Willing,  out of all the false religion and false gospels of the world - many shown on this forum,  many  from all over the world,  many claiming to be true,  but they are not.

You are not clear, and that's what I don't like. 

We have to win over otbers, JESUS CHRIST warns us about blind Faith. 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:16 PM, HAZARD said:

John 14:6, Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

This is the only scripture that JESUS says "I am the way, the truth and the LIFE. 

During the Last Supper JESUS was talking to his disciples, and he said: where I am going you can't follow me, knowing that his was going to die on the Cross. But there is another element that JESUS had in his mind, where the disciples will never go , his was referring his descent into the place of the dead. 

Then JESUS continue to tell them that in his Father's house there is enough room for everyone, and I will come and get you, that you will always be with me, where I am going. 

(Here JESUS is telling them about his resurection and his ascention , but also our future at the time of our death).

The disciples did not understand and Thomas said: "No we do not know Lord", "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way". John 14:5.

Verse 6.

JESUS told him. "I am the Way, the truth, and the LIFE. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

If you had really known me, you will know who my Father is. 

JESUS said: 

First: I am the way, 

Second: the truth, and

third: the LIFE 

Or, I am the LIFE , the Truth and the Way. 

What Jesus is talking about? 

Truth, He, Jesus is the truth of God that sets free (Read John 8:32-36; 14:6). He is the teacher and the source of truth (Matthew 22:16; Mark 12:14; John 1:14, 17).

John 8:  32, And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    33, They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    34, Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    35, And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
    36, If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Mathew 22: 16, And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

Mark 12:14, And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth:Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?

John 1: 14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    15, John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
    16, And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
    17, For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Here in Mathew and Mark is about the same event, and the enemies of Jesus were flattering JESUS with words they did not believe, trying to trap him. 

In the other scripture reference took place after the resurrection and it is the way John explain things about Jesus to all. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible tells us Jesus Christ is the truth. That is all we need. That is faith.

Just now, missmuffet said:

The Bible tells us Jesus Christ is the truth. That is all we need. That is faith.

In the past for hundred of years we had Believers in JESUS CHRIST who believe that JESUS is the truth, and they didn't have bibles in their hand, to raise them up, and make confessions. 

The fact that they believe in Jesus makes logical to deduce that Jesus is the truth, and they resist to believe many other Faiths. 

The only want to believe in the truth, and they die for it, without the Bible, 

Why would the die for, they will never accept to die and be torture for believing a lie. 

I know we have the Bible today, but we also have what they had that time without the bibles, the Holy Spirit. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God has revealed Himself in nature and in a human's heart. Humans are sinful and refuse to open their hearts to God. That is where the problem lies.