• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

So you do not sin at all? You obey God completely?

So you take no pride in any worldly accomplishments you've obtained in life? You are completely humbled?

Originally your bold text read whoremongers, not homosexuals, but this has been changed to "suit the world." Also other text was added.

Find old scripture (books) and compare to newly written scripture (updated books). Words disappear and appear all the time to alter meaning of scripture. Part of the lost in translation.

So I let Jesus and the Holy Spirit teach me what's of God.

The Bible is a tool use to assist, but God is The Teacher.

Whoremongers-meant having sex outside of marriage with prostitutes or the like. (This is a very simple definition of the word.)

You might want to go check again what is meant by Whoremongers because the word means Homosexuality. I stumble and I fall at times and then repent but I don't live a life of unrepented sin. Nice try to deflect to me. Doesn't change the truth. Homosexuality is a sin. God says nobody in UNREPENTANT sin will inherit the kingdom of God. You didn't address any questions I asked. Below are my questions again, will you answer? But I want to ask one more. You said the version I quoted was wrong, so I ask bluntly. 

Do you believe that the Bible teaches Homosexuality is a sin?  

1 hour ago, firestormx said:

How is it loving your neighbor as yourself to see the fruit of sin and say nothing when scripture is clear on what is the consequences of our choice to live in rebellion to God? 

1 hour ago, firestormx said:

You shall know them by their fruit! An apple tree doesn't produce oranges. A Christian will stumble, will fall and will make mistakes but will not live an unrepentant life in sin and rebellion. How is it that if you love a child and you see it doing something that will hurt or destroy that child, then the loving thing to do is to warn them and try to stop and teach that child the danger they are putting themselves in.  But if a Christian tries to do the same thing to someone facing eternal damnation then suddenly it's not an act of love but of hate and judgment?

Edited by firestormx
Clarity, rephrased to stay on topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

God has no beliefs.   The Bible is God's revealed will against which He judges us.  God's views on homosexuality are not hard to understand, nor mysterious.  He hates it.

It makes a big difference.  No one can be gay and be a Christian so this is not about honoring part of the body. 

It's part of the sinful nature, which is not always rational. 

Actually, it's our job to live to God's glory and as children of light to reprove those things done in darkness (Eph. 5).   We are allowed to judge what God has already judged.

It is our job to reprove sin and warn sinners.  That is love.   Making people comfortable in their sin isn't love. 

While I can appreciate your view point and stance I find it incredibly fascinating given that even the Pope can have love, empathy,  understanding, and compassion for the LGBT community.  He asks for Christians to not judge them and to love them. He says "if someone is homosexual and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"...he goes on to say that God doesn't condem the LGBT community...further more he expresses that individuals of the LGBT community make real contributions to the community.

Does he agree that homosexuality is sinful yes...but he also says that it's his belief that when a homosexual person appears before Jesus that Jesus certainly won't say go away because you are homosexual. 

Someone who sins...is more than just their sin. Their sin doesn't all encompass them as an individual.  Loving that person inspite of their sin does not condone it. It's disgraceful for me as a Christian to marginalize someone and all that they offer and bring to the world strictly based on their sexuality.

It's obvious that we won't agree on this issue. That's okay... I can appreciate your passion in your stance and belief.

Personally I belong to a church that while our pastor doesn't condone homosexuality he believes as Christians we need to have open minds and open hearts. For that I'm thankful. 

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/667286

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Will gay people go to heaven? It's a question that not many pastors--even conservative ones--would want to answer. Because the answer isn't one that society wants to hear. And many pastors these days would rather avoid public persecution than speak the truth. 

But not Pastor John MacArthur of the evangelical Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California. In a panel last month, the pastor was asked a very tough question concerning homosexuality, reports the Christian Post. And his answer was very bold, as he frankly answered that no one is gay.

"If you mean by that, 'That's some hardwiring,' no one is gay," he said. "People commit adultery, they commit sins of homosexuality, they lie, they steal, they cheat. That's like saying, 'You know, I keep robbing banks, but I'm a robber. I'm a bank robber. What am I gonna do? I'm a bank robber.' That is not an excuse for what you do."

"Are there certain kind of impulses that lead people in that direction? Yes. But I think one of the really deadly aspects of this is to let people define themselves as gay," he continued. "They are not gay any more than an adulterer is hardwired to be forced by his own nature to commit adultery. Those are all behavioral sins that are condemned in scripture. God didn't hardwire anybody in such a way that they are not responsible for certain behaviors."

MacArthur ended his answer by saying that calling people gay is actually doing them a disservice by "letting them define themselves by that sin."

http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/pastor_john_macarthur_stuns_with_answer_to_gays_getting_into_heaven

There was a Priest who used to be a guest speaker on that late night early morning radio show known as "west of the rockies" ( I'm sure it has some other name) . But his main purpose was preaching to the gay community. 

The Priest's name is Malici Martin. He (now passed away) was an excorsist. 

He told the gay community the fact that this lifestyle includes being possessed. He referred to it as the " perfect possession" because those in the lifestyle WANTED to be gay.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

12 minutes ago, Culinary said:

While I can appreciate your view point and stance I find it incredibly fascinating given that even the Pope can have love, empathy,  understanding, and compassion for the LGBT community.  He asks for Christians to not judge them and to love them. He says "if someone is homosexual and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"...he goes on to say that God doesn't condem the LGBT community...further more he expresses that individuals of the LGBT community make real contributions to the community.

Does he agree that homosexuality is sinful yes...but he also says that it's his belief that when a homosexual person appears before Jesus that Jesus certainly won't say go away because you are homosexual. 

Someone who sins...is more than just their sin. Their sin doesn't all encompass them as an individual.  Loving that person inspite of their sin does not condone it. It's disgraceful for me as a Christian to marginalize someone and all that they offer and bring to the world strictly based on their sexuality.

It's obvious that we won't agree on this issue. That's okay... I can appreciate your passion in your stance and belief.

Personally I belong to a church that while our pastor doesn't condone homosexuality he believes as Christians we need to have open minds and open hearts. For that I'm thankful. 

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/667286

I may be Catholic but I have some issues with this Pope.

The Scripture is very clear on the sinfulness of homosexuality. I will not accept anyone who wilfully rejects God's Word just because it doesn't fit thier lifestyle. 

When i sin, I too have to seek forgiveness from the Most High. Those in the LBG lifestyle are sinning before God, period.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, Culinary said:

First off, using the head of the world wide church ecumenical as an example hurts , not helps, your position...

Second,  would your pastor have open mind and open heart and open door to his church and his home for a predator? A thief ?  An adulter ?  --- if they were a real and daily threat without repentance ,  and they practiced their crime without remorse whenever they had opportunity ?  and they asked for a parade to make them feel welcome and happy in their sin ?

17 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

He told the gay community the fact that this lifestyle includes being possessed. He referred to it as the " perfect possession" because those in the lifestyle WANTED to be gay.

Strange indeed that a priest recognized this (it is true, yes), 

but it may be helpful to know that an exorcism is not needed.  Just throw out the demons the same way Jesus disciples did ,  no worries at all.   Yes, though, it requires the person WANTS to be set free - that's basically all it requires - willingness to be set free, instead of "WANTING" to be gay....  as long as demons are welcome and if the 'clean house' is not filled with GOD'S Spirit,  they won't leave or stay gone if driven out ....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

8 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

I may be Catholic but I have some issues with this Pope.

The Scripture is very clear on the sinfulness of homosexuality. I will not accept anyone who wilfully rejects God's Word just because it doesn't fit thier lifestyle. 

When i sin, I too have to seek forgiveness from the Most High. Those in the LBG lifestyle are sinning before God, period.

The Bible is clear against all sin yet we sin everyday. Why is it easy for some to quickly speak against gays but not look at themselves in their own sin. 

If God was as quick to judge based on the words written in the bible. No one person would be going to heaven.

No one's sin is greater or lesser than another's. This is a simple understanding taught by Jesus. Yet no one gets it!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Second,  would your pastor have open mind and open heart and open door to his church and his home for a predator? A thief ?  An adulter ?  --- if they were a real and daily threat without repentance ,  and they practiced their crime without remorse whenever they had opportunity ?  and they asked for a parade to make them feel welcome and happy in their sin ?

Jesus walked, broke bread and taught with the very man who turned him in. 

Granted we are not Jesus but God may call upon us to do these very things. 

Will you obey?

Edited by notsolostsoul

Just now, notsolostsoul said:

The Bible is clear against all sin yet we sin everyday. Why is it easy for some to quickly speak against gays but not look at themselves in their own sin. ....

Think about this for a while,  --- how many jewel thieves flaunt their thievery openly, try to be approved by others and even (ICK!) respected,  and try to get other little children to be thieves also,  and try to get parades in their honor !?!?

Continue this same for ADULTERERS, who sleep with someone else's wife every week,  and want headline news how wonderful their life style is, and why everyone should accept it and even try it "it feels great" !

Then continue with IDOLATORS, worshiping other gods,   painting their bodies and faces with or without clothes on in parades honoring freedom and openness !?!?

See?  NO SIN should be promoted the way sexual perversion is promoted, ever.

3 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Jesus walked, broke bread and taught with the very man who turned him in. 

Granted we are not Jesus but God may call upon us to do these very things. 

Will you obey?

Will you obey and expose the deeds of darkness (the demon driven, demon possessed, devil serving)  instead of promoting them ?  It is written that they are so shameful that they should NOT EVEN BE DISCUSSED among believers, and this is still true today.