IGNORED

Something has been on my mind that I can't stop thinking about...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So a couple weeks ago, my family and I were at a father's day gathering with some friends that we haven't seen in a while. Anyway, at some point while talking to one of the people that invited us, she said that they wanted to get together with us more often because we realized how short life can be. At that moment my thought was, ok that'll be nice. :) THEN maybe a week later we had my nephews graduation party to go to. And before we left, my brother tells me that he want's to hang out more often because he realized how short life can be. 

So, ok that was 2 people in a weeks time that both said the same thing. It gets me thinking....Is God trying to tell me something? I told a friend of mine the same thing and her thoughts were that maybe something is going to happen to someone in our family that God is kinda warning me on it? IDK? What do you all think?

Edited by SweetlyBroken79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, SweetlyBroken79 said:

So a couple weeks ago, my family and I were at a father's day gathering with some friends that we haven't seen in a while. Anyway, at some point while talking to one of the people that invited us, she said that they wanted to get together with us more often because we realized how short life can be. At that moment my thought was, ok that'll be nice. :) THEN maybe a week later we had my nephews graduation party to go to. And before we left, my brother tells me that he want's to hang out more often because he realized how short life can be. 

So, ok that was 2 people in a weeks time that both said the same thing. It gets me thinking....Is God trying to tell me something? I told a friend of mine the same thing and her thoughts were that maybe something is going to happen to someone in our family that God is kinda warning me on it? IDK? What do you all think?

We do not know why God puts a circumstance before us. We can only pray and tell God what is on our heart and our confusion in a particular circumstance and then sit back and see what He does.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi SweetlyBroken79,

Pleased to meet you and welcome to Worthy. What an interesting comment you have made. Often things get highlighted to us by the Holy Spirit and I think this has been brought to your attention. We often find it difficult to face the fact that `life is short.` Yes people can die young, however I don`t think that is what the Holy Spirit is saying to you.

I believe He would have you look at your priorities, and place relationships (under the Lord) near the top. After all relationships are the most precious things we have. In our materialistic world with untold credit, advertising in our faces, we can get caught up in the cycle of `more & more,` & the latest & greatest etc when really they will all pass away. It is only relationships that go on into eternity and to be able to encourage each other on the journey is a privilege.

All the best as you refocus (if need be).

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I had my first brush with death 30 years ago , it was as if our Lord pulled me up and said " stop treasuring material things ,and treasure the relationships we are in , when you are a Christian every relationship or interaction you are in , the Lord's in it with you , so , I changed , some people didn't understand or accept , but , I like me , more now .

Maybe that is what our Lord Jesus is leading you too , trust him , he won't let you down 

Praying

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

23 hours ago, SweetlyBroken79 said:

Hi SweetlyBroken79,

What do I think?  I think mostly people talk about themselves ( Self included). The messages individuals share or send are mostly to and for themselves and are to serve them for their own best interests. So if two find life is short then it is each of them talking aloud about something that has become important in their life, not necessarily yours.

Who knows what may have tripped their heart and tongue to  wanting to move into action of seeing YOU more. But if you enjoy the company, why not see each more if you can, or as they say, make time together  "quality  time".

As a funny note, and it does crack me up each time:  I check in on my mother via phone several times a week as do many others, family  and her friends. She finishes her conversations with a sincere and sometimes teary, you have a good life, life is too damn short my dear so enjoy while you can.

Now mom is 93, living in her own home! And I am not in any way a young rooster myself. If I call on Friday's I have to call early as her friends are coming over to play cards and Mexican train.

Might be life is short is a relative term, one meaning nothing more than lets find some joy, and perhaps  it will be nice to see each other more- simple as that.

Why even I have been noticing life is short, why yes of course shorter with each day's passing. So enjoy? Well might as well, but above all be prepared like a good scout is prepared. For "today your soul may be required of you". It is not an  ominous alert, it is a warning and for a saint in Christ encouragement, but it is not ominous. If I am ready for death of my flesh, then I am ready for this life within it too.

Praise God for the many opportunities  in this "short" life. What do I think? Make the most of opportunity to have some greater fellowship with a friend  or a family member especially when they encourage it. As they evidently have a need that you may help them with by being a closer friend.

Just my what do I think,

Neighbor

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

oops double posted

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

22 hours ago, SweetlyBroken79 said:

Do you ever take time to talk to your family about God?

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Do you ever take time to talk to your family about God?

The only family I talk to right now is one out of 5 of my brothers. I am not talking to my parents becasue God took them out of my life (which I am honestly thankful for because of how they treated me) and my other brothers basically for the same reason. Anyway, I have brought it up a couple months ago to the brother that I am talking to and he says he believes that there is a God but doesn't believe that there is just ONE God. He is doing his research to find what he believes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

13 minutes ago, SweetlyBroken79 said:

The only family I talk to right now is one out of 5 of my brothers. I am not talking to my parents becasue God took them out of my life (which I am honestly thankful for because of how they treated me) and my other brothers basically for the same reason. Anyway, I have brought it up a couple months ago to the brother that I am talking to and he says he believes that there is a God but doesn't believe that there is just ONE God. He is doing his research to find what he believes.

When i read your post, I felt the Spirit move in me about your family. My impression is that God wants you to reach out to them. To preach to your family.

I know it will be tough for you. But you are the only one who can reach them. 

Pray first that God makes you fearless, and fills you with love. 

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely, Pudge

17 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

When i read your post, I felt the Spirit move in me about your family. My impression is that God wants you to reach out to them. To preach to your family.

Sincerely, Pudge

17 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Sincerely, Pudge

Thanks! I will definitely pray but I think I have a lot of learning to do myself first.

Edited by SweetlyBroken79