IGNORED

Can Spiritual Warfare lead to possession?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. I know a Christian can't be possessed. I don't like to use the word "possessed" because Satan doesn't own us. We are God's. I use "demonized".

So, "untreated" Spiritual Warfare (intrusive thoughts from the evil one that lead to depression and confusion) can lead to demonizing / possession of the Christian?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Let me clarify a few terms so the context of what I'm saying makes sense.  This is all my interpretation, so I'll leave it to others here to clarify and update if needed.

Christian: One that has 'been saved', accepted Christ as their savior, and has an ongoing relationship with Jesus.  

Possession: Where a demon inhabits the body of a person and can control that person's actions

Oppressed: Where a demon / evil spirit is actively attacking a person by influencing their thoughts and possibly environment.

Spiritual Warfare: Oppression by one or several demons / evil spirits of a person

So, can a Christian be attacked by Spiritual Warfare and oppressed?  I think so.  The bible says Christians will be persecuted and I think that includes spiritual oppression.  

What can one do about this?  The bible talks about putting on the Armor of God.  I believe that and having an active relationship with Jesus can protect one from such spiritual warfare and oppression.   Will this make you completely immune to being attacked spiritually?  I think Christians are always targets and need to constantly rely on Jesus for protection.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Spiritual warfare acts basically the same way carnal warfare is played out.   When a soldier goes to the front line to fight the enemy, the enemy can oppress them from many different directions.  Those who are sitting out the battle are not be attacked by the enemy.  No different.

I agree that a true follower of Christ cannot be possessed, but they can certainly be oppressed.  That is why we need to remain in Him and wear our full Armor of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/9/2017 at 4:10 PM, mat007 said:

Hi. I know a Christian can't be possessed. I don't like to use the word "possessed" because Satan doesn't own us. We are God's. I use "demonized".

So, "untreated" Spiritual Warfare (intrusive thoughts from the evil one that lead to depression and confusion) can lead to demonizing / possession of the Christian?

Not possesion if Christ is in you. but when you play a game of wits and walk around in the lower realms of darkness talking and listening to demons your probably gonna get a lil confused or insain exspecially if you tuned your ear to the voices of demons to have conversation with them when the word tell us not to listen to the voice of the stranger but listen to God. why would any one hand out in darkness when you can live in and invite others into the kingdom of God? there is no evil in Gods kingdom he cast them down to this earth. you also probably are not producing much fruit of the Spirit, like peace, patience, kindness, goodness when you playing with demons:( 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/9/2017 at 2:10 PM, mat007 said:

There is spiritual warfare going on around us all the time. Don't concern yourself with it. Just put on the full armor of God which is in Ephesians 6:13-17 and leave the spiritual warfare up to God and His angels. They have it under control.