• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Modesty bears shame in exposure of private parts ... and nobody, NOBODY, needs definition with that but the demons and devils...

13 hours ago, FactSeeker said:

The Bible seems to approve of being attracted to a person's figure (Joseph, Rachel)

I'm not saying we should get naked and show it off, but how do we draw the line between being attractive (including our figure) but not going too far -- in either direction? (Nudity vs "loose, layered and long")

anything given to that which passes away so also passes with it...

13 hours ago, FactSeeker said:

You take the English literally? Okay, we won't be able to get anywhere then. I outright deny the way you interpret, we have no common ground.

unless the Word itself gives permission to exit the literal then the laws of hermeneutical expression stand... those who are lost find no absolutes!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I've basically been called a devil by one and told I'm lost by another (just the ones I remember) for merely asking a question.

Trying to beat me into your viewpoint with personal attacks and insults would lead me, if I allowed it, to follow man - not God. 

Do whatever you wish with this thread, I'm done with it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

I think the meaning of those scriptures is pretty clear and it isn't necessary to splice it and dice it too finely.  Be considerate of others because we don't live to ourselves alone.....and don't dress to show off.......for any reason.  Dress to please the Lord, not the world.  And He said to take no thought for what to wear........if we have to take too much thought for any reason, that's not God.  We can fall into a ditch on either side of the road.  Just try to be sensible.

Okay, being realistic, as women especially we want to nail down more details.......these are just my thoughts to start off with, and let's discuss and see if we can get some consensus perhaps.....the men can let us know if it is sufficient from their end, and vice versa.  Clothes for men is pretty easy I think.....just nothing tight or sleeveless, and keep the shirts buttoned of course, pants not too tight either.  Women.....certainly no cleavage, keep skirts/dresses below the knee, nothing sleeveless or off the shoulder, tops not tight, any slacks on the looser fitting side.  Short sleeves okay for both genders I think in summertime.  I don't think we have to hide our waists, wearing a belt or having a blouse tucked in, just my opinion, but I think that should be fine if the clothes are not too tight in general.  Men who are working outdoors on a hot day should be able to take their shirts off......again just my opinion..... but women should be able to wear longer shorts around the house on hot days, but not the short-short kind.  I don't think we have to be quite as restrictive outside of church or prayer meetings.  I think there comes a point at which we all need to take responsibility for our own lusts if we have any and learn how to possess our vessels.  Women don't stare at the working men if you are going by, that should not be too much to ask.  I personally wouldn't want men getting heat stroke because of my weakness.  And men if you knock on the door of a parishioner's house on a warm summer day and the lady of the house is showing some knee, try not to swoon.  Or being serious, is that too distracting, or maybe for the younger folks especially......not being a man, I would truly like to hear from the men what they find distracting or not.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, FactSeeker said:

I've basically been called a devil by one and told I'm lost by another (just the ones I remember) for merely asking a question.

Trying to beat me into your viewpoint with personal attacks and insults would lead me, if I allowed it, to follow man - not God. 

Do whatever you wish with this thread, I'm done with it. 

Fact seeker I love you not matter what anyone says about you.

The way I had brought it was simple.   And presented in a good way to learn.

You are loved fact seeker.  My simple advice remains.   Wear nothing that can cause others to slip in lust.

that goes for men and women.

SING IT PEOPLES it TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD.

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Okay, being realistic, as women especially we want to nail down more details.......these are just my thoughts to start off with, and let's discuss and see if we can get some consensus perhaps.....the men can let us know if it is sufficient from their end, and vice versa.  Clothes for men is pretty easy I think.....just nothing tight or sleeveless, and keep the shirts buttoned of course, pants not too tight either.  Women.....certainly no cleavage, keep skirts/dresses below the knee, nothing sleeveless or off the shoulder, tops not tight, any slacks on the looser fitting side.  Short sleeves okay for both genders I think in summertime.  I don't think we have to hide our waists, wearing a belt or having a blouse tucked in, just my opinion, but I think that should be fine if the clothes are not too tight in general.  Men who are working outdoors on a hot day should be able to take their shirts off......again just my opinion..... but women should be able to wear longer shorts around the house on hot days, but not the short-short kind.  I don't think we have to be quite as restrictive outside of church or prayer meetings.  I think there comes a point at which we all need to take responsibility for our own lusts if we have any and learn how to possess our vessels.  Women don't stare at the working men if you are going by, that should not be too much to ask.  I personally wouldn't want men getting heat stroke because of my weakness.  And men if you knock on the door of a parishioner's house on a warm summer day and the lady of the house is showing some knee, try not to swoon.  Or being serious, is that too distracting, or maybe for the younger folks especially......not being a man, I would truly like to hear from the men what they find distracting or not.

We must be our brethrens keeper.  To wear anything which reveals can cause one to stumble.   Keep it simple and plain.  

the one being noticed should BE GOD not us.  Just the simple things.   Yeah the LORD sure changed me.....I used to be so opposite.

IT was bout me being noticed , so I wore what I wanted and got all the attention I desired.   man I was so lost .  BUT GODS GRACE CHANGED ME .  amen.

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We must be our brethrens keeper.  To wear anything which reveals can cause one to stumble.   Keep it simple and plain.  

the one being noticed should BE GOD not us.  Just the simple things.   Yeah the LORD sure changed me.....I used to be so opposite.

IT was bout me being noticed , so I wore what I wanted and got all the attention I desired.   man I was so lost .  BUT GODS GRACE CHANGED ME .  amen.

Amen frienduff thaylorde........very good points brother, and praise the Lord for your salvation.

I guess it's not of much interest to most........I probably have a blind spot, or naive, but I was hoping to get a better idea as to what is problematic or not for men.  In general I don't think women should have to make themselves ugly on purpose or wear a burqa.......that for a woman is equivalent to demasculation for a man........and we are to be the glory of the man......so what is reasonable and what is not, in the clothing department, is what I was hoping to get a clearer idea of....?  If anybody can help with that i would appreciate it, and it might help others too.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 7/16/2017 at 10:09 AM, FactSeeker said:

Please do not take our culture into account.....

I’m trying to learn whether the scripture has a minimum standard....
that applies to all cultures....

and what that standard is....

:sherlock:

God's

He called the crowd to himself with his disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wants to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Mark 8:34 (New Heart English Bible)

Culture

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or empty pride, but in humility consider others more important than yourselves. Philippians 2:3 (Berean Study Bible)

See?

It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. John 6:63 (English Standard Version)

~

Dear Brothers, If The Holy Bible Seems To Be Closed

And the vision of all is become to you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray you: and he said, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you: and he said, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12 (American King James Version)

Or Unreadable, You Just Have To Ask

“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! John 14:12-14 ( New Living Translation)

Sir, Let Me See Jesus

These, therefore, came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, "Sir, we want to see Jesus." John 12:21 (World English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament