Mateo

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

understand, we're children, and yes we make mistakes, scripture, 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things". that's why John called us children, we're still growing. no baby have come straight from the mother's womb walking. no, one must craw first, then walk. Oh I know some think once born again they cannot sin, no, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". the growing pain is when one can recognize when they have sinned or missed the mark. verse 9  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". now one is growing. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Mateo said:
11 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

As any one can see, your statement does not answer my question.  This is a simple question. Are you saying that you do not sin as Jesus did not sin? Yes or no. I don't believe you will answer. Try not to evade the question.   Try to remember, because,  if you don't ever sin, like stating an untruth,  you have to say what you really believe.  If you cannot answer yes or no, I will understand.

You are aware that's it's not a simple question. You are aware of the answer and it's requirement for an explanation. You are making an attempt to trap me as they did with Jesus. So how about you go with the answer you want and leave it at that.

Mateo;  "You are aware that's it's not a simple question".

It is simple, to answer yes or no. Then, explain, if, as you said would be required.

Mateo; "You are making an attempt to trap me as they did with Jesus".

You say I'm attempting to trap you, like "they" did to Jesus. Pharisees and scribes. This is a first for me. For a Christian to be associated with them by another believer  is an intended  insult. Be careful not to waver from the mark, as you claim you don't. As far as trying to trap you, I believe it's more like you boxing yourself into a corner. You started this post, and stated your beliefs. You were shown scripture that did not line up with your interpretations, and you then explained your interpretations. I did not push you into this corner (the trap). Scripture did.

Mateo; "So how about you go with the answer you want and leave it at that".

Like I said, I did not believe you would answer.  I do believe, personally, as you, we have as believers, everything we need, from God, through the power of His Holy Spirit,  His word and promises, to walk without sinning. Yes. Only some problems. We still live in this flesh, physically,  and God gave us a free will. And God's word indicates we need an advocate. Why is that? If you knew me as I know me (and God knows me) you would understand why I need an advocate. As do all believers. Mateo, it's OK to admit you need one too.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

1 hour ago, 101G said:

understand, we're children, and yes we make mistakes, scripture, 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things". that's why John called us children, we're still growing. no baby have come straight from the mother's womb walking. no, one must craw first, then walk. Oh I know some think once born again they cannot sin, no, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us". the growing pain is when one can recognize when they have sinned or missed the mark. verse 9  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". now one is growing. 

Just don't discourage anyone who believes they can walk as He walked. 

40 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Mateo;  "You are aware that's it's not a simple question".

It is simple, to answer yes or no. Then, explain, if, as you said would be required.

Mateo; "You are making an attempt to trap me as they did with Jesus".

You say I'm attempting to trap you, like "they" did to Jesus. Pharisees and scribes. This is a first for me. For a Christian to be associated with them by another believer  is an intended  insult. Be careful not to waver from the mark, as you claim you don't. As far as trying to trap you, I believe it's more like you boxing yourself into a corner. You started this post, and stated your beliefs. You were shown scripture that did not line up with your interpretations, and you then explained your interpretations. I did not push you into this corner (the trap). Scripture did.

Mateo; "So how about you go with the answer you want and leave it at that".

Like I said, I did not believe you would answer.  I do believe, personally, as you, we have as believers, everything we need, from God, through the power of His Holy Spirit,  His word and promises, to walk without sinning. Yes. Only some problems. We still live in this flesh, physically,  and God gave us a free will. And God's word indicates we need an advocate. Why is that? If you knew me as I know me (and God knows me) you would understand why I need an advocate. As do all believers. Mateo, it's OK to admit you need one too.

I know I need an advocate provided I do sin. It's possible for me to sin.

24 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Just don't discourage anyone who believes they can walk as He walked. 

be ye perfect, scripture Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". what do this mean? example, Mr October struck out more times than he hit balls out of the park. get the drift?. 

50 minutes ago, 101G said:

be ye perfect, scripture Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". what do this mean? example, Mr October struck out more times than he hit balls out of the park. get the drift?. 

Just don't discourage anyone from walking as He walked. It will actually do more harm than Good. Jude 1:24. He is able that's all I need to know about the situation. He is able, to Him be the glory.

3 hours ago, Mateo said:

I know I need an advocate provided I do sin. It's possible for me to sin.

Mateo. I tried that once. I can still remember. About twenty years ago. I left that morning for the job site, determined to stay focused on Jesus, taking every thought captive, driving slow, being courteous to the extreme. Then. I worried about the pride I was starting to feel, then worried about the worrying. Way too many thoughts that came to me, so much morbid introspection (more sin). I didn't even make it to the job before I sinned.  Seemed there were all of a sudden just so many targets at once, and I missed some (sin). Most missed targets occur in my mind, critical, judgemental, (on the forum) lingering too long on the wrong TV/radio station, harsh and not compassionate when I could have been but didn't.  I don't have a problem with temptation, exactly, as it can strengthen me if overcome. When I stumble I simply say to God "shucks, I blew it on that one, Lord"  (looked too long at that billboard) Not confessing lightly. But not letting it affect my walk the rest of the day. I confess, and move on. One thing I discovered, that the more sin I eliminate, twice many more are revealed to me. Being a carpenter, I'm very critical of my work,  and this tends to carry over in other parts of my life. But it does sensitize me  to sin. I honestly cannot see how  any Christian "I know" could make it through just one day without missing at least one target set by God. I don't have any problem revealing my inability to hit every target God has set before us. Everyone, well, almost everyone, reading this understands and can relate to what I'm trying to say here Mateo. My heart has not been hardened or seared to sin. Because I cannot fool God, He KNOWS my thoughts. God is Light.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 hours ago, Mateo said:

Just don't discourage anyone from walking as He walked

I don't think they are trying to discourage anyone from trying to walk as Jesus did but in Scripture if you take 1 John 1:8 in full context this is what Jesus is telling us.

He Is directly telling MAN he should never think he is without sin. If MAN thinks this he is a liar. Not only to others but to himself.

Remember in other parts of scripture he points out that He/Jesus has a righteous mind and authority to properly judge.

We as MAN do not have this no matter how much we try. Thus we can not judge anyone because we won't do it rightfully so. This includes us trying to judge or gage our own righteousness, and actually trying to do so would make us self-righteous and he clearly expresses his dislike for that.

So no one is saying don't walk in his light or with his likeness, just remember we are the students, He is the Teacher. We will not equal him nor surpass but we can walk with Him as close as perfect as we can.

4 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I don't think they are trying to discourage anyone from trying to walk as Jesus did but in Scripture if you take 1 John 1:8 in full context this is what Jesus is telling us.

He Is directly telling MAN he should never think he is without sin. If MAN thinks this he is a liar. Not only to others but to himself.

Remember in other parts of scripture he points out that He/Jesus has a righteous mind and authority to properly judge.

We as MAN do not have this no matter how much we try. Thus we can not judge anyone because we won't do it rightfully so. This includes us trying to judge or gage our own righteousness, and actually trying to do so would make us self-righteous and he clearly expresses his dislike for that.

So no one is saying don't walk in his light or with his likeness, just remember we are the students, He is the Teacher. We will not equal him nor surpass but we can walk with Him as close as perfect as we can.

Well said.

23 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

GINOLJC, this is true, Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".