IGNORED

How do you Identify Wolves in Sheep's Clothing?

AlexDofTX

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 hours ago, Guest said:

No. That is not what that passage is saying.  Dont add to the word of God . The passage is about the harvest of wheat and tares and how the tares will burn in hell when the harvest is done .

Btw,that passage is in chapter 13 and not 12.

Who is unbalanced? Preoccupied and overcome with paranoid feelings?  This discussion is about wolves; all are welcome to  comment and it doesnt make that one unbalanced or preoccupied or paranoid when that person DOES NOT MAKE LIGHT OF IT. 

It is impossible to be focused  on Jesus and his kingdom 100% without having to address false teaching and exposing the wolves!. We are called to defend the faith as well as go out and spread the good news. We cannot do one without doing the other. Error has to be addressed. Any saint worth his salt will protect the babes from stumbling and address the false teachers. The word instructs the saints to do both. I will adhere to the word of God.

Guest.  thank you dear one for such words of pure beauty.     I recognize this spirit well.    You just keep on in the LORD .

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Curiosity has gotten to me, so I will ask, do you have a local body of Christ Jesus that you attend regularly and participate with  Christians in corporate worship of God?

Don't JUDGE ,  but as I said I go to the church of JESUS CHRIST .   the doctrine is beautiful.   IF you ever get some time come visit.

its not a popular church  , its not even really known hardly at all.   We just keep to biblical doctrine , we study the word

we do all by the grace of GOD to also go out and remind others , either in person  , phone or even internet.

ITS TRUE GOSPLE preaching time.   Don't judge our church .   We stay ONLY in the bible and we test anything we hear.

against sound biblical doctrine.   our memebers are way few compared to other denominations.   we are in many parts of the world too.

but you wont hear much about us. WE stay OUT OF THE ATTENTION LIME LITE .   we do our works in secrete

we pray for others and we do wonderful bible studies.   Some of us are even being killed as we speak.   its that bad neighbor.

Whoever Loves the LORD I also if I have never met them, they are still family.    We do things way different than mainstream does.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Don't JUDGE ,  but as I said I go to the church of JESUS CHRIST .   the doctrine is beautiful.   IF you ever get some time come visit.

its not a popular church  , its not even really known hardly at all.   We just keep to biblical doctrine , we study the word

we do all by the grace of GOD to also go out and remind others , either in person  , phone or even internet.

ITS TRUE GOSPLE preaching time.   Don't judge our church .   We stay ONLY in the bible and we test anything we hear.

against sound biblical doctrine.   our memebers are way few compared to other denominations.   we are in many parts of the world too.

but you wont hear much about us. WE stay OUT OF THE ATTENTION LIME LITE .   we do our works in secrete

we pray for others and we do wonderful bible studies.   Some of us are even being killed as we speak.   its that bad neighbor.

Whoever Loves the LORD I also if I have never met them, they are still family.    We do things way different than mainstream does.

Can't judge but can be curious, thanks for responding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I do think it is important to warn people about possible infiltrators, particularly with Muslim Taqqiya (where they lie and infiltrate, and can lie that they are Christian). As the Apostle Paul said, "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." (Ephensians 5:11). That being said, my biggest concern about trying to find and expose infiltrators is the return of The Inquisitions, both Spanish and Roman Inquisitions (1478-1614 A.D.). In Spain, during the Reconquista to Reformation Times, the Inquisitors began to interview recent converts from Islam (morsicos) and Judaism (conversos). Eventually, the 'witch hunting' of the Inquisitors became so austere that they trusted no one was truly converted for right reasons and was a possible infiltrator and so subjected them to torture, and all it took to have an audience or Inquiry of Inquisitors (courts) was a friend accusing you of strange practices [even if you did nothing wrong, imagine how this could be abused, someone wants your land and accuses a person of being relapse heretic or morisco or converso who never really converted in truth and is secretly practicing their pagan faith]. Eventually it became you were guilty, even though you received a Trial it was slanted against you. It got so bad under inquisition that you had to prove you converted, but even then they would suspect you weren't really converted, so those who converted to assure Inquisitors they aren't Muslims or Jews anymore were still subjected to the Inquisition; this is where I believed the adage "your are darned if you do, darned if you don't," because if a Muslim or Jew didn't convert they were suspect, if they did convert they were suspected of not truly converting [paranoia on steroids with torture devices, fires, and more]. 

-Source, Spanish Inquisition, 1478-1614: An Anthology of Sources, Lu Ann Homza (translator). Actual documents from Inquisitors and Trials. 

My biggest concern is the Church veering into 21 Century version of Inquisition or the Salem Witch Trials. For we are told by LORD to love our enemies and pray for them:

"Jesus told us to love our enemy, "But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. 28 Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30 Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back. 31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you. “If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! 33 And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much! 34 And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, why should you get credit? Even sinners will lend to other sinners for a full return.Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. 36 You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate." (Luke 6:27-36) 

"24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’ (Matthew 13:24-30). 

As for encounters with sorcerers, the Apostles did the following (they didn't go looking for them in every flock, they addressed the problem as it arose)

"She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!" At that moment the spirit left her." (Acts 16:18)

"But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought! 21 You can have no part in this, for your heart is not right with God. 22 Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts, 23 for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin. 24 “Pray to the Lord for me,” Simon exclaimed, “that these terrible things you’ve said won’t happen to me!”(Acts 8:9-24). 

Paul did mention Coppersmith, "Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm, but the Lord will judge him for what he has done." (2 timothy 4:14) 

"13 These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve." (2 Corinthians 11:13-14). 

Evil should be addressed, but notice that it is as it appears and attacks people, not going and looking for wolves under every bush. An example, I don't go looking for Dan Brown and his heresy, I wait for it to come up, condemn the heresy, and pray for man; but don't look for more Dan Browns who could be hiding in sheep clothing. 

Above all else we should keep our fixed on Christ (Hebrews 12:2). 

The goal of this post is balance, yes expose evil but beware of becoming worse than evil while trying to expose like the Inquisitors did. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Can't judge but can be curious, thanks for responding.

If the church I am with is at fault, then it is your job to correct.   we do judge those within.

I was saying not to judge by appearance , or meaning that .    You dig real deep in the scrips.  just read nothing but the bible for a month

really spend time in JUST IT .   the key is JUST IT , don't let a man  try and explain it away.   just do this .......you be a changed man real fast when

it comes to correcting and warning . REAL FAST .   just do it .    see , test it.   and see.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/30/2017 at 5:24 PM, GandalfTheWise said:

1. People who don't believe in God or Jesus Christ that want to use the trappings of Christianity for their warm emotional content and symbolism.  These are people who like to use words like "faith" as meaning some type of warm fuzzy experience and "prayer" as some type of meditation or chant or practice or "God" as meaning some higher power that helps you sleep better at night.  It is a completely subjective base that complete leaves God out of it.  These are sincere people but have no clear idea what they believe.  Most of these people will be relatively honest about what they think, if you know what to ask.  These are the ones likely to be tied up in occult stuff.

This first group I would not consider to be wolves, but seekers on the wrong path.

2. Con-men/Thieves/Destroyers who are looking to gain something or do something by pretending to be something they are not.  I'd put many cult leaders into this category.  It's about gaining followers to fleece people of their money, take things from them, or to abuse them in some way.  There are basically the same people who'd commit various crimes like robbery or fraud under other conditions.  These are dishonest people that will lie to your face and try to convince you that they believe all the right things.  You are dealing with criminals here.

This second group, however, I would defnitely regard as wolves.  I would also add Satanists pretending to be Christians so they can infiltrate a group and cause havoc.

3. Deluded wannabes that think they are specially chosen by God to do something special.  Many cult leaders fit this category.  They are often very gifted, talented, and charismatic individuals that easily develop a following.  I think that there are both non-Christians and deluded Christians in this category.  It becomes about the individual person and what they are teaching.  These people probably truly believe that they are there to help you.  You are dealing with someone who is a bit off their rocker but quite sincere.  If you push things, it will become clear that it is all about them and their special call.

This third group I would call Carnal Christians who know Christ but live by their natural understanding  and their flesh.  The non-Christians I would put in group 1 whose pride blinds them from the truth.

4. Highly sectarian Christians that think they have a monopoly on Truth.  These are people who are indeed Christians but place such a high premium on being "correct" that they produce litmus test after litmus test to distinguish "real" Christians from "fake" Christians.  It basically means that they think that their opinions about what the Bible teaches are so close to God's Truth so that anyone who disagrees to any degree is either not a Christian or a very deceived Christian.  They truly love you and are convinced that either your eternal destination or eternal rewards are in jeopardy.  You are dealing with a fellow believer who has your best interest at heart and is fully convinced that you either need to become like them or be shunned for the good of other believers.

This fourth group I would call legalists.  Believers who are still justifying them selves and have never understood the grace of God, except when they need it for themselves.

Here are the things I look for in people.

Most of what you write here are signs of sincere followers of Christ, with some exceptions that should be added to your first set of possible wolves.

1. Are they a believer in Jesus?  Are they a Christian? (By which I mean that they are indeed a believer and have the Holy Spirit dwelling within.)  What is their testimony and witness about what God has done in their life?  Do they hold to the core set of beliefs that all Christians hold (such as the Apostle's creed or similar)? Or do they deny something fundamental such as the Trinity or incarnation?  Do they hold to scripture as God inspired and authoritative?

There is almost always a witness in my spirit when I speak with true disciples of Christ.

2. What type of life do they live?  Is the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, etc.) obvious in their life?  Are they servants or do they lord it over people?  How is their family life?  How do they treat other people?

Fruit is seasonal.  There should be some fruit but that does not mean that necessarily there will be abundant fruit.  Likewise fruit is a litmus for wolves because Jesus was talking about identifying wolves in sheep's clothing when he said, By their fruit you will know them.

3. Are they highly legalistic and authoritarian?  Is it my way or the highway with them?  Do they lay down a lot of expectations and rules for Christians to follow?  Do they create a strong us versus them environment within the Body of Christ? (By which I mean they make a strong distinction between good Christians who are for us and deceived Christians who are against us.)  How do they react when someone questions them or disagrees?  Do they dialog patiently and honestly? Or do they immediately question that person's motives or walk with God?

I would add this to your fourth group above as believers that are legalistic.

4. Do they encourage and empower Christians to grow?  or do they create dependence?  Do they teach Christians to study the Bible? or indoctrinate them as to the proper way to interpret every verse?

This is a hallmark of a mature believer versus a young believer.

5. Do they clearly teach and encourage the transforming work of God in our lives as Christians?  or do they make Christianity into a set of rules to be followed?  Is their main teaching basically to resist sinning through our own efforts (willpower and trying harder)?  Or is their main teaching about being transformed by God's power and learning to walk more closely with Him?

Again,  mature believers instead of young believers.  By their very lack of experience young believers naturally gravitate for a list of rules.  As Hebrews (5:12) says, strong meat belongs to those who by reason of use have learned to discern good and evil.  Inexperience still needs rules as a guide.

6. What are they gaining out of various situations?  Are they manipulative?  How controlling are they?  How docile and accommodating are their followers?  For what purpose do they want people to follow them?

This is another characteristic of either a true wolf from category two above, or a legalist from category four who needs to convince others that they are right so they can bolster their own self justification.

7. A subjective sense of spiritual discernment.   Do I simply have this bad sense of something out of place?  Is this a person that I would feel comfortable to have pray for me?

Hebrews 5:12 again in maturity, since you are clearly a mature Christian, brother.

The reason it is important to me to look at the entire package of things is that I want to know what I can do to point people toward Christ.  It's a much different thing to deal with a non-Christian than a fellow believer.  It's much different dealing with a criminal than a spiritually deluded person in occult practices.  It's much different dealing with someone who believes that they are specially anointed for some task compared to someone that is just strongly opinionated.  I want to figure out what the real problem is so as to be able to clearly address that.

Excellent conclusion.  We are to reach out to as many people as we can and they come in all kinds of conditions. 

This is the most thoughtful answer to my question that I have read so far. Thank you again for your feedback.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

Alex, your clarifications and additions to my post are helpful as well.  I was definitely casting a wider net than wolves and it was good to have that point clearly emphasized.  Thanks.