• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

MORMON HERESIES ABOUT MANKIND

1. “Man has the potential of becoming God, just as Christ did; man is king of kings and Lord of Lords in embryo.” (Times and Seasons, August 1, 1844; Journal of Discourses, Vol 10, p 223; History of the Church, Vol 6, p 306; Doctrine and Covenants, 132.20).

Bible: a) God alone is and will be God: ‘before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.’ (Isaiah 43:10). ‘I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.’ (Isaiah 46:9)

b) Satan’s first lie to mankind was that ‘ye shall be as gods.’ (Genesis 3:5). It worked against Eve, so Satan uses it through Mormonism today.

2. “Adam’s fall in the Garden of Eden was a fall ‘upward’ that was not sinful, but rather necessary for the propagation of the human race.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol 13, p 145; Vol 10, p 312; Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:10-12; Doctrines of Salvation, Vol 1, p 114-115).

Bible: a) Adam’s sin in Eden caused spiritual and physical death for all persons (Genesis 3:16-19). ‘by one man sin entered into the world, & death by sin;& so death
passed upon all men’(Rom 5:12)

b) Propagation of the human race was certain without needing the fall: ‘God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply…’ (Genesis 1:28).

3. “Each person’s essence, his intelligence, has always existed and so was never created. Man is as eternal as God Himself.” (Journal of Discourses, X, p 5; VI, p 6; Doctrine and Covenants, 93.29; The Plan of Salvation (booklet) p 3).

Bible: All men are a creation of God and had no existence before conception. God asked Job, ‘Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?’ (Job 38:4).
‘All my members were written, . . . when as yet there was none of them.’ (Psalm 139:16).

4. “Each person’s spiritual body that clothed his intelligence in the pre-existent state was formed by the sexual union of the Father and one of His spirit wives.” (The Seer, Orson Pratt, p 37).

Bible: Man did not pre-exist, and the Father had no wives.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

17 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

MORMON HERESIES ABOUT MANKIND

1. “Man has the potential of becoming God, just as Christ did; man is king of kings and Lord of Lords in embryo.” (Times and Seasons, August 1, 1844; Journal of Discourses, Vol 10, p 223; History of the Church, Vol 6, p 306; Doctrine and Covenants, 132.20).

Bible: a) God alone is and will be God: ‘before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.’ (Isaiah 43:10). ‘I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me.’ (Isaiah 46:9)

b) Satan’s first lie to mankind was that ‘ye shall be as gods.’ (Genesis 3:5). It worked against Eve, so Satan uses it through Mormonism today.

2. “Adam’s fall in the Garden of Eden was a fall ‘upward’ that was not sinful, but rather necessary for the propagation of the human race.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol 13, p 145; Vol 10, p 312; Pearl of Great Price, Moses 5:10-12; Doctrines of Salvation, Vol 1, p 114-115).

Bible: a) Adam’s sin in Eden caused spiritual and physical death for all persons (Genesis 3:16-19). ‘by one man sin entered into the world, & death by sin;& so death
passed upon all men’(Rom 5:12)

b) Propagation of the human race was certain without needing the fall: ‘God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply…’ (Genesis 1:28).

3. “Each person’s essence, his intelligence, has always existed and so was never created. Man is as eternal as God Himself.” (Journal of Discourses, X, p 5; VI, p 6; Doctrine and Covenants, 93.29; The Plan of Salvation (booklet) p 3).

Bible: All men are a creation of God and had no existence before conception. God asked Job, ‘Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?’ (Job 38:4).
‘All my members were written, . . . when as yet there was none of them.’ (Psalm 139:16).

4. “Each person’s spiritual body that clothed his intelligence in the pre-existent state was formed by the sexual union of the Father and one of His spirit wives.” (The Seer, Orson Pratt, p 37).

Bible: Man did not pre-exist, and the Father had no wives.

I take it you have issues with mormans:)

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

4 hours ago, Reinitin said:

I take it you have issues with mormans:)

I have issues with ANY anti-Christian! :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

I have issues with ANY anti-Christian! :)

proclaim Christ:)

• This is Worthy 1