Sir W Dakotah

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have been trying to find a case for rapture ever since I found that there is a first ressurrection, and a last trumpet.

I have been reading through Revelation again and remembered this verse. What does this verse mean to you?

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Quote from SWD.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

My thoughts,

Because you have kept the words of my patience to me, at least, is in keeping with Matt.24:13 But he who endures to the end, he shall be saved.

the hour of temptation, I believe is the temptation you will be faced with when it comes to receiving the mark.

I may be up the wrong tree, but those are my thoughts.

I can't see any connection with that verse from Rev, and the rapture, which is a topic for another thread.

eric.

Edited by eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Sir,

That has been a rapture verse for me since I was a little girl around 9 or 10.

I was raised SDA and told that I would have to take the mark of the beast if I didn't go to church on Sunday. I was terrified that I would be tortured and killed and I was even to the point of wishing I were dead or never born.

God gave me that verse one day while reading my bible and I read it over and over and memorized it before I even knew or believed in a rapture.

I haven't had a lot of people agree with me on the verse, but I know that I know it is a rapture verse! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

All men are appointed to die

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Somebody better let Enoch and Elijah in on that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  28

To me it means that Jesus will keep me from the Tribulation which is to come on this earth. :rofl:

For me its my rapture verse also :24:

Angels :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Rev 3:10  Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings Sir W Dakotah,

This was in reference to the Church at Philadelphia:

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

So add to the query:

Isaiah 22:22-23 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. 23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

You may want to consider the following verses in associated with Rev 3:7:

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Also:

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

This is the "seal of the Holy Spirit" that is put on every believer so that when God calls us to "come out", we will hear and depart from Babylon so as not to partake of her sins.

It has nothing to do with the rapture.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, my internet was down. Why so Blind, and Dad Ernie I want to thank you for your replies as you know I am a post trib rapturist too. This is helpful. Thank you.