IGNORED

WorthyNews:With Congress in stalemate, states take lead in Planned Parenthood defunding

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.42
  • Content Count:  44,696
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The effort to defund Planned Parenthood may be stalled at the federal level, but recent legal and legislative victories have given states more power than ever to cut off taxpayer funding to the nation’s largest abortion provider.

South Carolina became just the latest state to make defunding Planned Parenthood a top priority last week, when Republican Gov. Henry McMaster issued an order directing state agencies to stop funding clinics and doctors who perform abortions.

With Republicans in control of 33 governor’s mansions and 32 state legislatures, Catherine Glenn Foster, president and CEO of Americans United for Life, said there are “plenty of different possibilities and avenues” when it comes to defunding Planned Parenthood. [ Source (Read More...) ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Arizona got sued by the feds under obama when we tried to defund them. Hopefully now we can.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

With Republicans in control of 33 governor’s mansions and 32 state legislatures, Catherine Glenn Foster, president and CEO of Americans United for Life, said there are “plenty of different possibilities and avenues” when it comes to defunding Planned Parenthood. 

When it comes to pro-life issues, I've been critical of republicans for being all talk and no action over the years.

This will give us the opportunity to see if that is a valid criticism.  If they actually DO anything, I'll be first to praise them.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  25

32 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

When it comes to pro-life issues, I've been critical of republicans for being all talk and no action over the years.

This will give us the opportunity to see if that is a valid criticism.  If they actually DO anything, I'll be first to praise them.

Blessings,

-Ed

I will be next in line to praise them when I see some sort of data that indicates this action has the affect of reducing abortions and not increasing them

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

27 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I will be next in line to praise them when I see some sort of data that indicates this action has the affect of reducing abortions and not increasing them

Doing right should not be dependent on what resulting data shows. 

40 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You and I  had a discussion on a different thread about fiscal conservatism.  I see this as one rare opportunity for republicans to actually BE fiscally conservative - I would think you would applaud it.

Whether or not there is a correlation between PP funding and the abortion rate is a separate debate - one that belongs in the private sector.  I'm sure the Bill Gates' and Warren Buffets' of the world will be more than happy to fund PP.

Leave our tax dollars out of it.

Blessings,

-Ed

20 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

You and I  had a discussion on a different thread about fiscal conservatism.  I see this as one rare opportunity for republicans to actually BE fiscally conservative - I would think you would applaud it.

Whether or not there is a correlation between PP funding and the abortion rate is a separate debate - one that belongs in the private sector.  I'm sure the Bill Gates' and Warren Buffets' of the world will be more than happy to fund PP.

Leave our tax dollars out of it.

Blessings,

-Ed

I guess what they choose to do with the money that was going to be going to PP will determine if they are being fiscally conservative or not. 

31 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Doing right should not be dependent on what resulting data shows. 

What is the goal, less abortions or political points earned? 

I want to see less abortions, to me that is "doing right".  

If defunding planned parenthood increases the number of abortions, was it really "doing right"?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,467
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,824
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  131
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

16 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

What is the goal, less abortions or political points earned? 

The abortion issue at the heart of it is about LIFE.   Should my TAXES go to support something I believe is fundamentally wrong?   The government should be out of the abortion business -- why should I support it with my tax dollars?  It's really that simple.  The end result is that abortion is a heart issue -- and where one believes life begins!  Amazingly, with 3-d sonograms -- we'll start seeing a shift in understanding where life truly begins.

16 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I guess what they choose to do with the money that was going to be going to PP will determine if they are being fiscally conservative or not. 

That's a valid point.

Hearkening back to our 'fiscal conservative' discussion, perhaps 'we the people' will do our part and monitor their actions.

One can hope, anyway.

Blessings,

-Ed