GApeach678

Did I just recieve the gift of tongues?

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:41 AM, Waggles said:

YES you have not received the gift of tongues but rather you have received the gift of the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You have been baptized in the Holy Spirit. 

When a person genuinely receives the Holy Spirit the Bible evidence for this is praying in tongues. 

It is your personal prayer language whereby the Holy Spirit and your spirit join together and directly 

communicates to Jesus and your Father. 

It is powerful and wholesome, and will deliver to you many blessings, healings and miracles. 

Pray in the morning - half an hour is a good start. Pray also at other times as you can.

The Holy Spirit is a Spirit of power and will help teach you of Jesus and the gospel. 

Do not confuse the sign given to believers when they receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, as opposed 

to the gift of diversity of tongues - which is a voice gift that operates at a worship meeting (to be 

followed by interpretation). 

You will now also need to be water baptized by full immersion to complement your Holy Spirit 

baptism. You must be born new by water and the Spirit. 

Start reading your NT with fresh eyes and the Spirit will give you understanding. 

Pray to Jesus to lead you to a Pentecostal church that has His blessing and approval. 

Welcome to the body of Christ and the church of God. 

I agree with you that this is the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, not the gift of tongues.  Paul spoke of praying in the tongues of men and of angels.  He said he would pray in the Spirit and with the understanding.  Praying is not the same as giving out a message to the church that requires and interpreter.  We don't always know what we should pray for, but the Spirit does, so you are given a prayer language that you cannot understand, and the Spirit will pray through you directly to God for your true needs, and also to give praise to God.  MG mentioned not needing an intercessor.  We don't in the sense of having to go before a Priest to confess our sins, and have him pray to God on our behalf.  That is not the reason for tongues.  I am Pentecostal, so I understand what is taking place, and it is real.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/1/2017 at 9:09 PM, Guest said:

Speaking in tongues is a different language that other human beings speak and it was used to preach to those whom spoke a different language. . It is also to be used in the order that scripture dictates and that is with interpreters.  All other tongues is NOT biblical.

Hello Guest

There are in addition to known tongues which you indicate tongues of angles.  I Cor. 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Notice that it is possible to speak in tongues without any profit.  If someone is speaking in either known or unknown tongues without love there is no profit to the individual, they are just making noise.  

Edited by seeking the lost
grammer