Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Our Lord Jesus loves and died for everyone in this world. God is love. In 1 john it's says God is love. Can the love of God ordained some to be lost without a choice ? Does that make sense? The bible does not teach predestination for some to go to hell. It teaches that God wants all men to be saved. It teaches Christ died for all sinners. If God is love then why would he  preordained some poor soul to the lake of fire. The good news is he does not .love would save someone from the lake of fire. God is love. He does not want anyone to perish but that all would receive eternal life through the son of God Christ Jesus. Praise God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do enjoy this presentation on the subject : https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/spurgeon_charles/sermons/0239.cfm 

A Sermon
(No. 241)
Delivered on Sabbath Morning, January 16th, 1859, by
the
REV. C.H. SPURGEON
At New Park Street Chapel, Southwark.

"Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."- Rom 9:15

The good man has a little different approach to reconciling why God loved Jacob  and hated Esau.

I think it worth a read regardless of the already held conclusion anyone may have on the subject, for the man is a man of insight relying upon the word of God and not his reasoning to justify his conclusions.

He takes the approach that  there are two questions rather than one to be asked, and that they require two answers not one. Kind of interesting to me so I share and encourage a reading of his sermon on the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I do enjoy this presentation on the subject : https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/spurgeon_charles/sermons/0239.cfm 

A Sermon
(No. 241)
Delivered on Sabbath Morning, January 16th, 1859, by
the
REV. C.H. SPURGEON
At New Park Street Chapel, Southwark.

"Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."- Rom 9:15

The good man has a little different approach to reconciling why God loved Jacob  and hated Esau.

I think it worth a read regardless of the already held conclusion anyone may have on the subject, for the man is a man of insight relying upon the word of God and not his reasoning to justify his conclusions.

He takes the approach that  there are two questions rather than one to be asked, and that they require two answers not one. Kind of interesting to me so I share and encourage a reading of his sermon on the subject.

Loved it!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

"The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God. Now this is the basis for judging: that the light has come into the world and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil deeds hates the light and does not come to the light, so that their deeds will not be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the light, so that it may be plainly evident that his deeds have been done in God."

John 3:18-21

"The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him."

John 3:36

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Even Calvin waffled on this one...

1 John 2:2 KJVS
[2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

"“I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours."

John 17:6-9

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

26 minutes ago, Ogner said:

"“I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours."

John 17:6-9

He is praying that his disciples are one .he is not praying that nonbelievers are one with him and the Father. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

He is praying that his disciples are one .he is not praying that nonbelievers are one with him and the Father. 

And again, John 3:18-21 & John 3:36

here is all crystal clear.

"Thus I told you that you will die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am he, you will die in your sins.”"

John 8:24

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Praying for sanctification of those who received Him, is not the same as dying for the sins of all.

IOW, He dies for all, His sanctifying grace is upon those who receive Him.

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

John 14:18-24

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Your point?

Anyone who loves Jesus will obey his teaching. 
The one who loves Jesus will be loved by Jesus and his Father too.

Anyone who does not love Jesus will not obey his teaching.
The one who does not love Jesus will not loved by Jesus and his Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The topic is 'Jesus loves every single person in the world'.

Since Jesus died for all, He loves all.

In this case obeying Him is believing in His Son and the Gospel message.

The topic is not how we love Jesus but how much He loves us.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(Joh 3:16)

Unfortunately, not everyone has reciprocated.

"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’"

John 15:22-25

Jesus doesn't love those who hate him.

And "...The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him."

John 3:36