• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I imagine many of you will disagree with me but I feel I must say this. Now of course God hates all sin. I've been reading in the OT almost exclusively for the past year and the OT is how I came to this. There were times when God punished His own people with death and when He had His people, Israel and Judea, taken captive. Why, what made God do that. I believe it was idol worship. Most of the ancient idols were nothing more than wood or clay but some were, in reality, the actual fallen angels. So the jews were sacrificing to God's enemies, the angels that made war against Him eons ago.

Most of us probably think, well we don't do idols anymore, God shouldn't be so angry at us. Really? If I say America worships the green god more than the real God, who knows what I mean? I started calling money the green god shortly after I was saved. Even us Christians (some of us) worship money more than God. A lot of people are wondering why God allowed the storms we've had and now the fires on the west coast. I think one reason is God is going to prove money can't save us. Just like in the OT when He had to prove Baal couldn't save the people. Back then He also sent many people who understood what He was doing and they had to tell the average person. America is a wealthy nation, but even now the damage that needs to be fixed is more than we have. I know anyone who's a good Christian has already prayed to God that He end the storms and the fires. This post is for the people who feel, it's going to cost a fortune but we can make repairs. Maybe, but not if these disasters continue. We need to stop loving the green god over the God of the Bible.

The way I interpret the Bible God never wants to do harm. He always gives us many chances to repent. So we all need to examine ourselves as to what we may have as an idol. I think 2 things are happening these days. One is belief in God is getting stronger than it's been since the 40's or 50's. The devils don't like that so they're working over time to try and stop it. Ultimately we will win, but let's try and not lose anymore ground than we already have. And remember, getting angry at the sinners is what the devils want, so don't do that. Only love can help us win.

3 hours ago, JTC said:

I believe it was idol worship.

With this I agree. If you would have stuck to the OP, you would have been OK. But, it seems to me that the rest of the post took a sharp turn into personal opinion instead of Biblical Truth. JMO.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

God hates sin because it separates us from Him. Sin blinds us from the truth. No sin is greater than the other although the unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,643
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If America worships the green god- 

I immediately thought of General Electric and wind power turbines across the plains and over the canyons, even along the shallows of the ocean.

I thought of Tennessee and the house of Gore with it flagant abuses in the theology of ecology worship.

As to weather and storms; there is need of our Lord's grace and mercy on sunny days filled with fields of posey and lavender, just as there is need  when the sunrise morning over the sea is red with warning. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

If America worships the green god- 

I immediately thought of General Electric and wind power turbines across the plains and over the canyons, even along the shallows of the ocean.

I thought of Tennessee and the house of Gore with it flagant abuses in the theology of ecology worship.

As to weather and storms; there is need of our Lord's grace and mercy on sunny days filled with fields of posey and lavender, just as there is need  when the sunrise morning over the sea is red with warning. 

feeling a little poetic today are we :D 

34 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

feeling a little poetic today are we :D 

Perhaps.

Feeling need for adventure too. This idea of retirement, it is not so good for the body, nor soul, I think. 

I am looking forward to hitting the road, after having been pent up at California on family business stuff. Having visions of "from sea to shining sea"  for sure. Maybe I'll find a post retirement career out there somewhere.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps.

Feeling need for adventure too. This idea of retirement, it is not so good for the body, nor soul, I think. 

I am looking forward to hitting the road, after having been pent up at California on family business stuff. Having visions of "from sea to shining sea"  for sure. Maybe I'll find a post retirement career out there somewhere.

I do understand the structural habit of working for a living... however we must balance the overall pervasiveness of system error that lies within that! You are given a very unique time whereby you may dedicate what remains of your life to The Wind 

John 3:8
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
KJV

It is a journey of expectation unexpected :D To be able to sit down with the expectation of God of who, where, what, why and when abandoning all self interest...
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, missmuffet said:

God hates sin because it separates us from Him. Sin blinds us from the truth. No sin is greater than the other although the unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

I don't want to turn this thread around, but what exactly is the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Blasphemy is not the same as taking the Lord's name in vain (Gen 20: 7).

I would think the sin God hates most is mentioned first in Genesis 20: 3. Anytime the Lord says something is an "abomination" to Him, I can't think of a stronger word used in the Bible to describe something so offensive and despicable to the Lord?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I do understand the structural habit of working for a living... however we must balance the overall pervasiveness of system error that lies within that! You are given a very unique time whereby you may dedicate what remains of your life to The Wind 

John 3:8
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
KJV

It is a journey of expectation unexpected :D To be able to sit down with the expectation of God of who, where, what, why and when abandoning all self interest...

Self interest, ah there is the rub, work life has been in various services for the most part and even when not the careers were not so much choices but to help the need of others including family when they were suffering. Now I am left to me and my interests. Guess I have to learn, do I have any self interests worth pursuing? I was certain I must, but now that I am here in this place in life I find, my purpose has always been  that of helps, to others. It is possible to continue in some form I am sure, but I need to adjust, and to accept a body that is hurt right now.

My beloved and sweet Texas peach my bride of a year terms it self-meanification. Meaning one that does not allow joys to manifest for long for they  do not feel worthy of it. I don't know, I don't think I have such an ego as that. But there is the aspect of feeling some urge to never rest that is I suppose unhealthy. I have not slept but for a short couple hours last night thinking  through what to be doing seeking of God the direction to go. Maybe there just is no go. Right now it is a place of no contentment, so I will just up and travel with my bride to see some places that make her happy. Maybe there will be a sign out there that says "HERE"S YOUR SIGN".

There is prayer and fasting and study of God, but there need be some practical application, plus something, some way to make that application, more than just thinking it to be so.

Guess I am seeking out a call, something more than, hey go sit out the rest of the game on the bench.

Anyway for me right now the greatest sin seems to be not being productive.

As to sinning against the Holy Spirit, I do not think it is blasphamy but rejection. It is the Holy Spirit that makes the specific call  individually for repentance from sinning against God. To reject that call is eternally fatal! 

I had rejected Jesus for sure having heard many a presentation about my Lord Jesus. I had never heard the specific call to me from the Holy Spirit. When that call came I had no choice,  no stalling left, no argument in me. I knew I had but one choice, turn about and now or be eternally separated from God in an eternal death. To have rejected that call, that experience, would have been unforgiven and final.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Prayed for you in His Will be done in you :thumbsup: .... Love, Steven

• Thanks 1