• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not true.  Under Obama unemployment skyrocketed to 8% and if you add the the people who simply stopped looking for jobs, the unemployemt climbed to 15%.

That is a bit misleading.  In May of 2007 unemployment started going up from a low of 4.4%.   Between that date and Jan of 2009 when Obama took office unemployment climbed to 7.8%.  In Oct of 2009 it peaked at 10%, keeping in mind this was still under the budget submitted by the previous president.  Since Nov  of 2009 the unemployment rate has been dropping at a steady rate and during the 8 years Obama was in office the unemployment rate dropped for 6 of those years. 

The unemployment rate is counted was counted the same under Obama as it was under Bush II and now under Trump.  If you accept the numbers Trump is giving you cannot change them for Obama. 

I say all this as not a fan of Obama and as one that does not give him credit for the drop in the unemployment rate.   But the facts are what they are, you cannot deny them.

Another fact for you, in the 4 years prior to Jan 2017 the economy added an average of 214,000 jobs per month.  Since Jan of 2017 that number has fallen to only 148,000 per month. 

unemp rate.JPG

Edited by Running Gator

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, Butero said:

I have no reason to doubt his wife....

The burden of proof for your beliefs is on you, not me.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

But you do have a hair-trigger, hyper-emotional response against anyone who has the courage to disagree with you.

Oh come now.  Butero and me disagreed on everything and all I did was thank him for a good political discussion.Then we shook hands. Well I put that little handshake emoj up (:emot-handshake:)   cause you can't really shakes hands over the internet. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,781
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

However, the unemployment rate is SKEWED.  Once youre out of the labor force for a season -- you;re no longer considered "unemployed".

Shadow Stats.

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Running Gator said:

That is a bit misleading.  In May of 2007 unemployment started going up from a low of 4.4%.   Between that date and Jan of 2009 when Obama took office unemployment climbed to 7.8%.  In Oct of 2009 it peaked at 10%, keeping in mind this was still under the budget submitted by the previous president.  Since Nov  of 2009 the unemployment rate has been dropping at a steady rate and during the 8 years Obama was in office the unemployment rate dropped for 6 of those years. 

When they calculate unemployment, the unemployment they report are those who are actively looking for jobs.   Under Obama, many people could not find jobs at all after a year or more of trying and stopped looking.   That resulted in artificially lowering unemployment rate because they don't appear any longer on that report.  And we are talking about unemployment rates that go much further into the Obama administration and cannot be blamed on Bush. 

If you take the number of people who are reported in the unemployment rate report and then add to that those that are unemployed but are not being recorded on that report, you get a much, much bigger number.   And it can't be blamed on Bush.

The unemployment rate is counted was counted the same under Obama as it was under Bush II and now under Trump.  If you accept the numbers Trump is giving you cannot change them for Obama. 

I say all this as not a fan of Obama and as one that does not give him credit for the drop in the unemployment rate.   But the facts are what they are, you cannot deny them.

Another fact for you, in the 4 years prior to Jan 2017 the economy added an average of 214,000 jobs per month.  Since Jan of 2017 that number has fallen to only 148,000 per month. 

The difference is that under Obama, they added jobs, but those were crappy jobs.   The Obama administration counted everything, including jobs with temporary hiring agencies like Penmac.    So if some guy got a tempt job for two days working on a construction site for $7 an hour, that was counted.   Part time jobs and min. wage jobs were counted.  So yes, the number will be lower if you don't include crappy jobs.

The jobs created and attributed to Obama's policies were not jobs that create prosperity.   The jobs that Trump is seeking for Americans are high paying manufacturing jobs and he is even bringing in companies from overseas to contract with American companies to either help the private sector create or protect jobs.   Trump cannot create jobs, per se; but he can provide the environment needed to job growth in real jobs that people can actually live and raise families on and have a decent retirement.

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

The burden of proof for your beliefs is on you, not me.

Your claim that Trump has never apologized for anything has been disproven.   You need to start facing facts instead of trying to manufacture facts out of your imagination.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

When they calculate unemployment, the unemployment they report are those who are actively looking for jobs.   Under Obama, many people could not find jobs at all after a year or more of trying and stopped looking.   That resulted in lowering unemployment rate because they don't appear any longer on that report.  And we are talking about unemployment rates that go much further into the Obama administration and cannot be blamed on Bush. 

Once again, the process for calculating unemployment has not changed since Trump took office.  Unemployment rates under Obama peaked in October of 2009 and with the exception of a couple blips due to seasonal reasons dropped every month after that.   That means that for 10 of the 96 months of Obama's term unemployment rates were trending upwards and for the other 86 they were trending down.   By comparison unemployment rates trended down only 40 of Bush IIs 96 months.

The difference is that under Obama, they added jobs, but those were crappy jobs.   The Obama administration counted everything, including jobs with temporary hiring agencies like Penmac.    So if some guy got a tempt job for two days working on a construction site for $7 an hour, that was counted.   Part time jobs and min. wage jobs were counted.

The process for counting jobs created has not changed under Trump, it is the same as it was under Obama.  They count everything including jobs with temporary hiring agencies like Penmac.    Part time jobs and minimum wage jobs are also being counted now.  NOTHING has changed. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Running Gator said:

All I know is when Obama started his presidency, things where a mess. By the time he left office, things where better. So he must have done something right. :) 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Saw this pic in my wanderings today - this looks like the right place to post it:

Bush_Speaks_Against_Trump.jpg

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Your claim that Trump has never apologized for anything has been disproven.   You need to start facing facts....

fact: Trump redefined what he supposedly apologized for.

COOPER: Thank you, Mr. Trump. The question from Patrice was about are you both modeling positive and appropriate behavior for today’s youth? We received a lot of questions online, Mr. Trump, about the tape that was released on Friday, as you can imagine. You called what you said locker room banter. You described kissing women without consent, grabbing their genitals. That is sexual assault. You bragged that you have sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?

TRUMP: No, I didn’t say that at all. I don’t think you understood what was — this was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people. Certainly I’m not proud of it. But this is locker room talk.

Trump basically plea bargained himself to a lesser apology.