• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

I suppose that means:
Would you rather a self righteous protestant elephant step on your toe, or a helpful beastly papal donkey?

20 minutes ago, Giller said:

How about a gentle dove.

Yes. Thank you. I found out some other characteristics also that I did not previously know about.

Jesus and the Dove

At age 30, Christ was baptized at the Jordan River by his cousin, John. We read: “When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him” (Matt. 3:16). This account of the Holy Spirit descending as a dove upon Jesus was so important that it is mentioned in all four Gospels (Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32).

I believe one of the reasons the Holy Spirit assumed the form of a dove is because a dove has characteristics similar to those of the Holy Spirit. Doves are commonly white in color, and white in the Scripture represents purity or righteousness (Rev. 19:8). A dove expresses its affection by stroking its young and cooing in a soft tone. Spiritually, the Holy Spirit causes believers to be caring and loving for one another and even for those who are lost. The dove is a gentle creature and never retaliates against its enemies, while believers are told to turn the other cheek, to pray for our enemies and those who spitefully use us (Matt. 5:39-44) and to never retaliate. When the young of a dove are attacked, the dove will not attack but instead will cry out in distress. This concept is also seen in the words of Romans 8, as Paul wrote that when a believer does not know how to pray, the Holy Spirit will make intercession for her with groanings (vv. 26-28).

The parallels between a dove and the Holy Spirit continue when we understand that a dove can easily be spooked by strange noises. It is said that a dove will return to the same spot a couple of times when hearing a strange noise but will not return a third time to the same location. Similarly, God said to Noah, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever” (Gen. 6:3). The Holy Spirit can be vexed, grieved and even blasphemed (Eph. 4:30; Mark 3:29). When the Holy Spirit is purposely offended, He can eventually depart from a person, as He did with King Saul (1 Sam. 16:14).

It is also interesting to note that when most birds hover in the air, their wing tips point toward the back, in the direction of their tail feathers. On a dove, however, the wing tips point toward the head. This is unique when we consider how the anointing oil was poured upon the heads of the kings and priests in Israel. The oil was poured from one ear, across the front of the head, to the other ear. It was poured in the form of a Hebrew letter kuf, whose shape is similar to a dove’s wings when it is hovering and its wings are opened. Just as the oil descended upon the heads of priests, the Holy Spirit manifested as a dove at Christ’s baptism and descended upon His head.

Years ago, the great evangelist Leonard Ravenhill noted that there are nine main feathers on the left and right wings of the dove. He pointed out that there are also nine gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:7-10) and nine fruits of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23). There are also five main tail feathers on a dove, which can represent the fivefold ministry gifts of apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers (Eph. 4:11). The tail feathers of a dove are like the rudder of a ship—they assist in balance and direction in flight, just as the fivefold ministry gifts in the church bring balance to the body of Christ.

Guest shiloh357
19 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I suppose that means:
Would you rather a self righteous protestant elephant step on your toe, or a helpful beastly papal donkey?

No, it doesn't mean that at all.

10 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Ya know, it's so sad. People like you quickly label people so they can put away what they're saying as being false. I have never read or known any SDA. I did my own study. I have never attended church on Saturday - that I ever remember. Yet, the information I present is from the word of God. Now what are you going to do? Ignore it and continue to label people in wanton ignorance, or are you going to do your own homework and grow? Now that the information is given to you, you will be judged by God about it. 

What's even more astounding is if you look at the 4th commandment, it simply states keep it holy. Most people don't even bother to define "holy" and leave it as some esoteric ether that's not important. The word holy is simply to set apart. Since God says to do no work, we are to rest, recharge, and think on the things of God. Paul says to not be judged about Sabbaths because I believe he knew Jews would dump the ceremonial baggage that comes with Jewish Sabbath keeping as well as the dietary restrictions. So, sit on your couch, take naps, meditate on God's word and simply unplug. Wow! If we did that one day a week, our health will improve, our moods would change, we'd learn about the things of God and develop a real personal relationship with Him. But I guess that's not important, even if Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." Is it okay to lie? Cheat on your wife? Kill your neighbor? Make images to worship? Hate your parents? Use God's Name in vain? Be a thief? Lust? Make something your god? I'm going out on a limb and guess you'll say "Ah, NOOO!", then why exclude the Sabbath that belongs to God and is for man? Even the scientists are calling for us to "unplug" and unwind...

Right on bro'

It is a sad shame that the ones that have hurt me the most, and I use the word 'hurt' as a euphemism, are those of the household of faith or close family. They will twist any scripture any which way to vilify those that they hate.

I think the hate thing is spiritual - impossible to understand, yet so sad to behold and fall victim to.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

It is a sad shame that the ones that have hurt me the most, and I use the word 'hurt' as a euphemism, are those of the household of faith or close family. They will twist any scripture any which way to vilify those that they hate.

I think the hate thing is spiritual - impossible to understand, yet so sad to behold and fall victim to.

This is actually simply disclosed in Yahweh's Word, in All Scripture, by by Revelation (Yahweh's Opening the mind to understand).

"Members of your own family will be ['may' be] your worst enemies"

"Father will turn against son, son against father" (and turn one another in to be put to death(literally) ) ...

'The whole world (including "the household of faith or close family") is deceived, and refuses to stop serving demons.' applies to many (most around us).

'Traps are laid every day in the house of God even, for those who are seeking to serve God'

and with many other warnings TODAY,  Yahweh through Jesus, through His Word,

warns us every one of the PERNICIOUSNESS of all (yes, all-) society/ mankind/ neighborhoods around us and far away.

Yet also Yahweh's Promise of His Word: He calls and chooses and keeps A REMNANT out from every people on earth, for Himself, His Testimony all over the world,  His people .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The RCC is the end-times apostate church of the anti-Christ.

Amein..... for many centuries .....

21 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I suppose that means:

Most of the errors (and outright deceptions/lies concerning God and His people)  you read on this forum, and all your life in any place,  were started long, long ago by hasatan through the rcc catholic abomination. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2017 at 3:29 PM, John Robinson said:

If it wasn't salvic, then you people--SDA's and their fellow travelers--wouldn't feel compelled to go on and on--and on and on and on--about it. I just wish that for once one of your group would step up and boldly say, "So you go to church on Sunday, huh? Well then, hell welcomes you." But to go into excruciating detail about a day of the week that for Christians is simply a non-starter is aggravating in the extreme.

Peace:
Non-starters seem to be a favorite of the Lord's. The details matter immensely! If you want to keep Sunday as your Sabbath, that is just fine by me Sir.
However, as a christian, I must at least point out to others reading this, that the True Sabbath is The Lord's and has never changed.
Yeshua was undoubtedly raised on the Sabbath. It is such an eye-opener when you allow yourself to see the Truth hidden in plain sight and only obscured (as in Jesus' day) by the doctrines of men and their penchant for desiring fable rather than fact.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Oh it is spiritual for sure. There are a LOT of people, especially in America, who have said some formulaic words, attended a building, and they believe that they're part of the Kingdom of God. Those that are part of the Kingdom and have a self-righteous indignation are just ignorant who they are and how to act. After all, Jesus said

Matthew 7:20-23 (KJV)
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  

I think this is one of the saddest of all the scriptures: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord..." 

M      A      N       Y.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Amein..... for many centuries .....

Most of the errors (and outright deceptions/lies concerning God and His people)  you read on this forum, and all your life in any place,  were started long, long ago by hasatan through the rcc catholic abomination. 

WE must UNLEARN what we think we know and have been taught by men.  AND ITS EASY.  READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF and pray.  GOD reveals ONLY TRUTH.

the ABOMINATION is going out the way she came in.   A UNIVERSAL DUNG PILE faith which will include EVERYONE , but the true lambs IN SHORT TIME. watch out for it.

She tells things only sensual babes can understand,  she uses words like love, peace, unity , freedom and tolerance.  BUT SHE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ABOMINATIONS

HEED HER NOT .    She is gaining more and more under her fold though interfaith , through all inclusive ,through a false unity and a false spirit

and in time ALL whose names are not in the lambs book of life will be hers in mind, body and soul.  THEN COMETH all out hell bent fury against the true few who

resisted the lie of Her song.

• Thumbs Up 1