IGNORED

Saturday or Sunday?

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Oh it is spiritual for sure. There are a LOT of people, especially in America, who have said some formulaic words, attended a building, and they believe that they're part of the Kingdom of God. Those that are part of the Kingdom and have a self-righteous indignation are just ignorant who they are and how to act. After all, Jesus said

Matthew 7:20-23 (KJV)
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  

I think this is one of the saddest of all the scriptures: "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord..." 

That's just the under-the-radar way to condemn anyone that has the courage to challenge Sabbatarian legalism.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Peace:

I find it sad and telling that the ones that cry, 'legalism', 'legalism', are hoist by their own petard.

The most legalistic of the lot crucified our Lord. Why? Because He did not follow the 'pack' and used His own mind, enlivened by Holy Spirit, to understand God, His WORD and what it really meant.
Our contemporary legalistic folk don't seem to be able to read.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Peace:

I find it sad and telling that the ones that cry, 'legalism', 'legalism', are hoist by their own petard.

People who attach the Sabbath and claim that those who oppose such teaching will be those the Lord rejects, is promoting legalism.

The most legalistic of the lot crucified our Lord. Why? Because He did not follow the 'pack' and used His own mind, enlivened by Holy Spirit, to understand God, His WORD and what it really meant.

No, that is not why Jesus was crucified.   That demonstrates a severe lack of understanding of the plan of redemption.

Our contemporary legalistic folk don't seem to be able to read.

No, we're just not dumb enough to be led around with hook in our nose the way false teachers and Sabbatarian legalists would like for us to be.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Whatever makes you sleep at night... I'm just quoting the word of God.

If you that keeping the Sabbath day is necessary for salvation, the you are not quoting from Scripture.

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Deuteronomy 12:8 (KJV)
Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.

Proverbs 12:15 (KJV)
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 21:2 (KJV)
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

If you are trusting in Sabbath day observance to keep you saved, you are doing what is right in your eyes and not in God's eyes.

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Wow! Talk about putting words in one's mouth. You don't even understand the whole premise of my conversation, and that's to your shame. Attack all you want, you're not attacking me.

I am not attacking.  I am simply stating the truth.

"Methinks thou dost protest too much"

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Proverbs 12:15 (KJV)
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Using the Bible for personal attacks is just cowardice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Again, these people WILL NOT come right out and say that we who go to church on Sunday have taken the "mark of the Beast" and are going to hell.

WHY won't they say it? It's what they believe. Why not man up and SAY IT?

2 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

Again, these people WILL NOT come right out and say that we who go to church on Sunday have taken the "mark of the Beast" and are going to hell.

WHY won't they say it? It's what they believe. Why not man up and SAY IT?

Who Sir are "these people"? I do not mind if you keep sun-day as your sabbath. It is up to you. False accusations are unbecoming.

Because I keep the Sabbath (when I remember to) does not mean that I am a Judaizer.
As mandated by the church fathers, doing away with the Judaic "burden" on the Sabbath is because it is not necessary for Christians to be thus encumbered.

Keeping the Sabbath to Glorify the risen Lord is encouraged. And keeping it to honor God is right and proper.

Your anti-Sabbath stance might be a straw-horse to offset the observance of an originally papal doctrine that you are stuck with.
Even the RC thought it is a poor stand for the protestants to do so. They mocked them even! Saying that this way, the Protestants do accept the Authority of the Roman Church to change the sabbath to sun-day.

Read all about it please. These are not my words. I am just relating history.