• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Well I do read some of that stuff sometimes but just not very often; one cannot afford to allow themselves to become too distracted from the bible. I am not roman Catholic, btw and do not approve of their pagan doctrines.

Question for you; You use the name Yeshua; are you a Messianic Jew?

I do actually have the works of josephus at home, all of them. Just havent had a chance to read much of them. Josephus himself was at best an Ebionite "Christian" which believed in Jesus but didnt fully accept the New Testament. I believe they rejected the teachings of Paul primarily

Ah. This is why I suggest you read all the history. The 'J' never existed in Yeshua's time. and later it was a bad translation of Iehtuahs, or something like that. Joshuah , Yeshua. That is His name really. But as you will find, the church has perverted a great deal. Sometimes in ignorance, sometimes 'because we know what is best'.

Jesus Spoke Aramaic - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdAn3jUmlNv2gCgZMhK6KaA

The widespread use of Aramaic among Jews is illustrated by the fact that portions of the Old Testament are in Aramaic, not Hebrew (Ezra 4:8-6:18; 7:12-26; Daniel 2:4-7:28; Jeremiah 10:11). This means, for example, that one of the most important passages in the Old Testament for our understanding of Jesus appears in Aramaic. Daniel’s vision of “one like a son of man” is described in Aramaic (kebar ‘enash; 7:13). Moreover, around the time of Jesus, though probably after his death, the Hebrew scrolls of the Old Testament were translated into Aramaic for use in the synagogues, because so many Jews did not understand Hebrew.)  A non biased view
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/series/what-language-did-jesus-speak-why-does-it-matter/

22 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I believe they rejected the teachings of Paul primarily

I read a Christian article in a Christian magazine that there are many believers that do not believe Saul's epistles etc.

By the way. Saul never changed his name. He had two names is all. Paul and Saul. Like me, he has two citizenship. I am half Israeli, Half Brit and half American.. so go figure...

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Justin Adams said:

The 'J' never existed in Yeshua's time.

Yeah I know, the J sound didnt exist 2000 years ago. Hebrew and Aramaic still dont use it. It was a 15th century English development to distinguish it from the 'Y" sound of the 'I' I believe. And I do know that Jesus spoke Aramaic. 

But there is no historical evidence to show that Aramaic scriptures came before the Greek. I've looked it up myself. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Justin Adams said:

I read a Christian article in a Christian magazine that there are many believers that do not believe Saul's epistles etc.

By the way. Saul never changed his name. He had two names is all. Paul and Saul. Like me, he have two citizenship. I am half Israeli, Half Brit and half American.. so go figure...

Israeli? You ever been there?

2 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

But there is no historical evidence to show that Aramaic scriptures came before the Greek. I've looked it up myself. 

From babylon on down the hebrews spoke aramaic. The actual hebrew fell out of use.

later latin and greek were translated. hebrew and aramaic are sister languages.

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Giller said:

You cannot believe everything that the Catholic church says, for they like to lay claim to most things, and they claim Peter was the first pope, so does that mean he was?

There are even some claims they make about this was a Catholic saint that one was and so forth, when some of them had nothing to do with Catholicism, so you have to watch and sometimes research what you read.

It seems to me that a lot of the 7th day adventists are so focused on speaking every thing against Catholicism that  they sometimes take any thing that is claimed, just so to try and prove their doctrine, and that is not a wise way of doing things.

Find something to argue about, that is really what it is about.

Now I am against Catholicism of course, and they do a lot of harm doctrine wise, but I want to be careful to not label everything Catholic.

Peace.

I agree with you and know many I would hail as brothers and sisters.

However, in the past, when books were rare and when most of the deeds done were done in secret by 'scholars'; we will study and find that our 'originals' have been somewhat doctored. Not to the extent that the the Lord cannot speak to us. That would be impossible. However, humans have a penchant for man made dogmas and doctrines that they seem to glean from writings other that what the Lord God would endorse.

Whilst they are busily decrying the obvious heresies, they hold to Roman Sun-day traditions, Ishtar and Sun-year festivals without really realizing it.
That the old Roman church was historically in bed with so many pagan festivals and pagan rites that were seamlessly melded into Christianity apparently escapes believers today because they are taught so little history.

Since the PASSION movie was in Latin and Aramaic, much interest in Aramaic has surfaced.

You just CANNOT keep the Lord God from showing His hand in the most unusual and interesting ways.

Fancy using Holly-weird to get us to take second look at Aramaic! The scholars are fighting now, because the Greek only folk are having a fit that their industry is threatened.

The ones that really are seeking truth and understanding will prevail I am sure. I am looking forwards to many more Aramaic translations. I have also been looking at Aramaic language teachings as well. It is almost certain that the writings in Yeshua's day were in Aramaic, even some Aramaic to Hebrew texts have been discovered. 

You will note that Josephus, a Scholar and Priest, had great difficulty learning Greek; in his writings he mentions this fact. Even though we do not need to think of him as a church father, we can learn from all sources important things that we do need to know.

Edited by Justin Adams
syn

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

All Scripture is in Perfect Harmony .   Yahweh never changed His Appointed Holy Set Apart Sabbath Day. 

The enemy started changing it in the first to third century even.....   so all the twisted accounts have a lot of 'history',

deceiving most of the people today(over 2 billion)  who are part of "chistendom"(what the world sees as 'Christianity') including of course the harlot and the daughters of the harlot (much bigger system than the churches are alone) ...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

All Scripture is in Perfect Harmony .   Yahweh never changed His Appointed Holy Set Apart Sabbath Day. 

The enemy started changing it in the first to third century even.....   so all the twisted accounts have a lot of 'history'

Indeed they did. And now they are seemingly resorting back to Catholic thinking in an huge movement by Copeland.... taking their Sun-day with them of course! And Ishtar, and Halloween, and X-mass. X-mass is the penultimate insult to baby Yeshua - Dec 25 is the annual Sun-day pagan festival.

These  anti-Semitic moves of history have hoodwinked most all of the 'church'.

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Yahweh never changed His Appointed Holy Set Apart Sabbath Day. 

All this double talk and church-speak about Sabbath is just amazing. It is so OBVIOUS that the demons hate it!