• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

It's not wrong...Born again is a change of the Body not the mind.

Wrong again.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Wrong again.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

This is one of the scriptures that help me to understand that faith is hidden in the heart of the person, and introduce me to justification by faith. 

For God had to include in his plan for justification, everyone,  those who are able to speak and those who are not able to speak, for everyone must be able to have his peace in this matter in a similar way . 

The non-mute, and the mute. 

(Some "clever leader",  was punishing his enemies by cutting their tongs, proffesing that this way there is no hope for them to be Saved, even if they believed. 

When I read this story, i prayed that Jesus protect me from a similar situation, never to happen to me, because I wanted to be Saved. And I wanted Jesus as my Savior. 

I was too young, that time, but later in my life I read this scripture and I said that even if that happen to me , I am still Justified because of the faith in my heart. 

So what is more important to be Justified or to be Saved. 

is a justified person lost, till he confess? 

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

is a justified person lost, till he confess? 

The lost is a term for unbelievers only.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Wrong again.

Not wrong at all, just a lack of understanding you have. I take the time and explain the verses you post. because I agree with, but they have there place in the word of God, just like other writing of Paul. Lets read it again with better understanding. Romans 10: 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I agree, but lets skip down to verse  

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? See many people think they know Jesus and understand, but in truth they don't understand, because they haven't been really taught correctly. Lets stay in Romans 10 and find out what was talking about that lead him to say all this.

Lets go up to verse 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. This law is referring to animals sacrificial law

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. This law is referring to the Ten Commandments.

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Now lets prove that Paul is talking about the Ten Commandment, and lets see where Paul got this his understanding from.

Lets go into Deuteronomy 30: 10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 11 ¶ For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

So Paul was quoting Moses, this how you get a full understanding of what Paul is saying. Of course you have to confess with your mouth, but look at what else have to be done. Keeping the Lord's commandment and his statutes, this day, have to be taught by a preacher. I put this together so you can get a better understanding of what Paul is saying, its more than just a couple of verses to understand Paul.

23 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well you do agree that that Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ. Ok, so you do, then this is what Paul had to say about the prison guard when he asked Paul the question.  What must i do to be saved.  Paul being a teacher and preacher of the Gospel would have surely mention baptism to the man.  I am sure that more would have be said to him about what the Christian life is about, including baptism.

Acts 16    King James Version (KJV)

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

That being said and no it is not a prerequisite for the gift of salvation.   Baptism signifies or testifies to the world at large that you are declaring that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior and the world is your witness to that statement. [those are my words as an explanation. ] 

I always tell people we have to read the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation and pray for understanding. Now if you read the next verse it answer your question. Lets read Acts 16: 

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

God went to a lot of trouble in the Old Testament to prove man cannot be redeemed by any other means than faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

That faith in his Son means a lot to the Father.

John 16:26–27 (AV)
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Those who raise such arguments against eternal salvation (and that is what it is)

• do not understand how much God emphasizes the point of faith in his Son
  • do not understand what eternal salvation is
  • are deceived
  • or are deceivers

1 John 2:19 (AV)
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Falling or walking away... proof they were never saved in the first place.

John 10:26–29 (AV)
26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

Can't be taken away from salvation.

Can't sin away salvation either:

1 Corinthians 5:5 (AV)
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

If we are so in a sin that we cannot stop or will not stop and the Lord has had quite enough of it, he will take us out in as nasty a way as it takes (being turned over to who???) ← you think the devil is going to be humane toward people that are already saved???

But you cannot even then lose your salvation.

The only other objections are from false prophets trying to develop or shepherd a following of deceived people who must add the works they prescribe to their faith to earn  / keep their salvation. Their teachings are patently false. They are lies. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On 10/28/2017 at 9:46 PM, Robert William said:

I don't think you answered my previous question, how good do you need to be to enter the Kinkdom, are you good enough, will God wink at one little sin, your theology dooms you to Hell.

Let's go into Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. So a least I know that it could be done because I'm reading the future. We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the Ten Commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11: 1-47. Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc…Leviticus 23: 1-44. All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17). 

22 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

Not wrong at all, just a lack of understanding you have.

Bro.Tan, question. If believers can lose their salvation and go to hell, please explain Rom 8:35, 38-39. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

12 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

I always tell people we have to read the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation and pray for understanding. Now if you read the next verse it answer your question. Lets read Acts 16: 

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house

Bro. Tan.    I hope it is not a practice in your church that if one says they believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, you go ahead and baptize them immediately.   This topic has been covered in this forum i am sure  many times and i would not go into details and take the topic down this pathway.  Let's go back to the question and the answer and now to verse 32.  "And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house".     Paul should have answered the question then by saying " believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be baptized and thous shalt be saved ".    Is it  an error that he left out baptized.  

While baptism is an important part of a believer walk, it is not the factor which determines one's salvation.  It is by the grace of God which gives his free gift to you through your faith as explained in Romans 2. see below. Also every believer should take the step to  be baptized ,

As you may know, many have confessed with the tongue that they believe, but in their hearts doubts remain or they are not sure, hence the reason for that person to learn and take the time to make sure the commitment they take as to being baptized if fully understood.  

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Regarding simply being saved from what Scripture says those who are immersed in Jesus' Name are saved from,

those things that it is not noted that those persons are saved by believing but by being Immersed in Jesus' Name,

those things throughout the New Testament Scripture (God's Word) which can be read and can be believed by faith Yahweh Willing,

those things that may or may not be accompanied or may accompany eternal life ...... 

i.e. there are several things a person may be saved from ,  by being immersed in Jesus' Name (yes, under water),

as Scripture clearly says ......

i.e. "being saved" does not refer to ONLY being saved unto eternal life... ... ...