IGNORED

Salvation Issues OSAS Lordship Salvation etc.

Neighbor

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Jeff, only God knows who has the indwelling Holy Spirit. If you have the indwelling HS you will never lose your salvation. You are sealed until redemption. Eph 1:13-14.

There four or five or three glaring errors there,  substantive errors contrary to Yahweh's Word,  and not able to be discussed on this forum,  sorry.(like the long time publicly exposed errors of John Macarthur,  too many people follow them, to be able to discuss them here) ....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 10/31/2017 at 12:13 PM, Dennis1209 said:

I've noticed in a number of Salvation biblical passages, the conditional word "IF" is applied, leading me to believe Salvation is conditional? So the once firm idea I had of Salvation being permanent upon acceptance of the free gift from God, through the blood of Jesus Christ dying on the cross, leads me to question OSAS?

I am not saying this directly to you, but to all. I just used your quote as reference.

The question to be made is: Why so many people try to bring this topic so many times? Once saved always saved? Can I lose my salvation?

Really, if you are actually a genuine believer then it does not matter if your salvation can be lost or not because all genuine believers will be saved.

"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." - Revelation 3:5

And genuine believers cannot lose their salvation.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." - John 10:27-28

What I have noticed is that people who are looking for ways to know if they can potentially lose their salvation is: They are looking for a hole to practice sin and potentially keep on it.

First, if you have actually repented then you would not be looking for the conscious and constant practice of sin in your life. If you do, repent and make a decision of what you want.

Giving up to temptation is another thing, and you would not like to keep it. For this I recommend you ask the Lord what you need to overcome it.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

What has helped me with temptations is that giving up to them is a waste of time, I need to learn how to despise the works of the flesh, to love the Lord and put His will above mine.

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." - John 6:63

Be sure of one thing: Without His help you won't be able to achieve anything.

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

And do not fall into enemy's traps, which are common during temptation.

"Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone." - James 1:13

Take care, who leads you to sin is the devil and yourself. Follow Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

There four or five or three glaring errors there,  substantive errors contrary to Yahweh's Word,  and not able to be discussed on this forum,  sorry.(like the long time publicly exposed errors of John Macarthur,  too many people follow them, to be able to discuss them here) ....

while the agape love which is for the elect believers only, will never leave them. Rom 8:33, Rom 8:35, 38-39.

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

while the agape love which is for the elect believers only, will never leave them. Rom 8:33, Rom 8:35, 38-39.

So ?  Yahweh has/had and shows agape love for the unsaved, the unrighteous, as well as for the righteous, even if they leave Him to serve demons.

Ezekiel 18:23 Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked ...

biblehub.com/ezekiel/18-23.htm - Cached - Similar
Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked? saith the Lord GOD: and not rather ... All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his ...

1 Peter 3:18 - Bible Gateway

Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;. AMP ... He was not guilty, but he died for people who are guilty.

14 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

So ?  Yahweh has/had and shows agape love for the unsaved, the unrighteous, as well as for the righteous, even if they leave Him to serve demons.

No, agape love is for believers in Christ only. The unsaved is the unrighteous, and the saved is considered righteous by Christ's blood. If you are unsaved you are already condemned and enemies of God because you have not believed on His name.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Rom 5:10 For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Rom 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

Phl 3:18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.

Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Either you don't know what agape love is,  or what Yahweh desires, or both.   Someone has taught you a lot of error.

13 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Either you don't know what agape love is,  or what Yahweh desires, or both.   Someone has taught you a lot of error.

No, I know what agape love is. It's for believers in Christ only.

2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love (agape) of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Col 1:3-8 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love (agape) you have for all God’s people— 5the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel 6that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace. 7You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, 8and who also told us of your love (agape) in the Spirit.