• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/23/1978

19 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The KJV says: “They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” “They translated many Eastern idioms and metaphors literally, not knowing their true meaning. For instance, ‘You shall handle snakes.’ They did not know that the word ‘snake’ refers to ‘an enemy.”’ – A better reading for that section of the verse would be “they will handle their enemies”. This mistranslation has even cost the lives of many people. George Went Hensley, a former pastor of the Church of God, formed one such Pentecostal group, who drank poison and exposed themselves to poisonous snakes. He died of snakebite, as have many others.

I have tried to give you a thumbs up on this post several times, but for some reason it won't let me.  I think this post was very interesting...so thumbs up...lol:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, IvyRose said:

I have tried to give you a thumbs up on this post several times, but for some reason it won't let me.  I think this post was very interesting...so thumbs up...lol:)

That is so nice of you. Maybe the system logged you out. It does that to me sometimes. At other times the actual site goes a bit nuts!

• Group:  Junior Member

5 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

That is so nice of you. Maybe the system logged you out. It does that to me sometimes. At other times the actual site goes a bit nuts!

I just tried again and it still won't let me. Maybe I've reached my limit of thumbs up for the day or something.  I guess I'll have to go around giving out written thumbs up now...lol:) 

But hopefully it is just a glitch...

I do like the Aramaic translations you posted...So your posts were really interesting to me. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, IvyRose said:

I just tried again and it still won't let me. Maybe I've reached my limit of thumbs up for the day or something.  I guess I'll have to go around giving out written thumbs up now...lol:) 

But hopefully it is just a glitch...

I do like the Aramaic translations you posted...So your posts were really interesting to me. :) 

Thanks. I see many more Aramaic translations ahead. It got into the public eye when they filmed The Passion. It was in Latin and Aramaic.

It is a belief of mine that much of the Greek translations and some Latins were not really up to speed on the vernacular that Yeshua and His group spoke. Much of the NT was also in a Aramaic and some Hebraic texts use the Aramaic diction and lettering (or very similar). They are sister languages. Hebrew since the Babylonian exile had slowly been replaced by Aramaic.

There are some eastern texts, but alas, much of the church is heavily into Greek and KJV so I have been quite insulted over the last few weeks for daring to bring up this subject. But God has His ways of showing us the Truth.

Much of the Aramaic language is well suited to a poetic manner of speaking and is full of hyperbole and innuendo with many words having contextual meanings and not literal necessarily. It has been said the the Greek just does not flow or rhyme the way Aramaic does.

For instance. The camel and the eye of the needle thing. The word in Aramaic can mean camel or camel hair. So in the sense of the verse, a rope of camel hair is a far more reliable and accurate way of speaking.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Junior Member

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Thanks. I see many more Aramaic translations ahead. It got into the public eye when they filmed The Passion. It was in Latin and Aramaic.

It is a belief of mine that much of the Greek translations and some Latins were not really up to speed on the vernacular that Yeshua and His group spoke. Much of the NT was also in a Aramaic and some Hebraic texts use the Aramaic diction and lettering (or very similar). They are sister languages. Hebrew since the Babylonian exile had slowly been replaced by Aramaic.

There are some eastern texts, but alas, much of the church is heavily into Greek and KJV so I have been quite insulted over the last few weeks for daring to bring up this subject. But God has His ways of showing us the Truth.

Much of the Aramaic language is well suited to a poetic manner of speaking and is full of hyperbole and innuendo with many words having contextual meanings and not literal necessarily. It has been said the the Greek just does not flow or rhyme the way Aramaic does.

For instance. The camel and the eye of the needle thing. The word in Aramaic can mean camel or camel hair. So in the sense of the verse, a rope of camel hair is a far more reliable and accurate way of speaking.

Still can't give you a thumbs up...but this is a really interesting topic.  My BF has been reading THE SYRIAC PESHITO VERSION BY JAMES MURDOCK. He  says that he really likes it. We discuss it sometimes so I had heard the verse with the camel and rope before but not the one in Mark  16 about the serpent or enemy.  

This is very interesting so once again thanks for the information.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 11/2/2017 at 2:07 PM, Neighbor said:

Including of course Got Questions.

In fact, never trust solely in any man's words and conclusions. Never rely on even very good exposition by others alone, but don't be so ridged as to throw out the baby with the bath water either. The works of others is of tremdendous value to all of us- long as we don't start championing a man, any man, instead of our creator.

The hobby of some at least seems to be to put down the other person's favorite teachers no matter who they might be; and to substitute their own personal prejudices in it's place. When I think to ask,  "Well do you go to church?" I usually read a response of some length that boils down to, no I don't go to any church.

I happen to like John Piper. I happen to like Phil Johnson, and John MacArthur. I much enjoyed Dr. E.V.Hill. I benefited from God's use of Dr. Frederick Price and Dr Eugene Scott.

But best of all, I love the local body of Christ and the many lay people God the Holy Spirit has assembled together  to worship Jesus. For me that is here where He has directed me to live so that I may benefit from that assembly of saints. God has directed me to the local bodies of Christ that he has wanted me to fellowship in person. 

Personally, I credit God as having the ability  to utilize all things for the good for those that believe on Jesus as their Lord God and personal savior. I believe from experience and from the word of God, that even that which may be intended for evil will instead be turned to good purpose for my own sanctification as a born again saint in Christ Jesus.

God has no need of me to be his avenger, just  the desire for me to share  of the gospel of Jesus, because it pleases Him when I do.

I usually read a response of some length that boils down to, no I don't go to any church.:(

Well said, Neighbor

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

17 hours ago, Yowm said:

When I was just coming around to know the Lord and was coming out of the occult and witchcraft, I got interested in knowing just what the Bible had to say about things like witchcraft. So I went to the city library and pulled off the shelf a bible and there was nearby a thing called a 'concordance'. I noticed looking up words like 'medium', 'witch' 'sorcerer', 'necromancy', etc that God was totally against such practices.

Sooo, later in the week the 'white' witch held a class in her home (I noticed a couple of Church goers attended) and had esoteric books that used a number of Scriptures in them. I was lurking on the sidelines but when she took questions, I asked, "How is it that your teachings use Scripture but when I looked in the Bible it strictly forbids these sort of things that are taught here?" She quickly cleared her throat and mumbled something about 'our awareness evolves, that was then this is now'. Needless to say I became a persona non grata.

All that to say, anyone at any stage can examine the Scriptures.

Our awareness evolves , that was then this is now.  That lady is under satan. Even if she had not been a witch just those sayings alone would have let me know she is of the dark one.

SADLY,    yes their is a sadly part..................our churches have this mindset .    You be blessed yowm.     WHATS RELEVANT NOW ,   IS the same MINDSET.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

The KJV says: “They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” “They translated many Eastern idioms and metaphors literally, not knowing their true meaning. For instance, ‘You shall handle snakes.’ They did not know that the word ‘snake’ refers to ‘an enemy.'”’ – A better reading for that section of the verse would be “they will handle their enemies”. This mistranslation has even cost the lives of many people. George Went Hensley, a former pastor of the Church of God, formed one such Pentecostal group, who drank poison and exposed themselves to poisonous snakes. He died of snakebite, as have many others.

JUSTIN GUESS what they DID .          First remember that paul picked up a bundle of wood a serpent was inside and bit him.    PAUL did not do What these men of belial do.

Go back to what satan told JESUS,  cast thyself down , tis written he shall bear thee up lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

EVEN though it was written,  WHY did JESUS not PURPOSFULLY do it.     BECAUSE it also written THOU shall not tempt the LORD thy GOD.

These men and women of belial, HEED the serpent.  FOR he says............ITS written you can take up serpents and not be harmed.

BUT its also written THOU shall not tempt the LORD thy GOD.    YEAH, its that simple.  WE DONT PURPOSFULLY do it, we don't PURPOSFULLY do it.  IF its without notice

THEN I promise we shall be protected JUST as the scrips say. BUT DO IT ON PURPOSE and YA TEMPTING GOD............the dark one isvery clever .

Tis why those men of belial when they walk them tight ropes FOR JESUS , and say THEY HAVE FAITH.............WRONG they tempting GOD and KNOW IT NOT.

CHURCH AWAKE and Christ shall give THEE LIGHT .

• Thumbs Up 1

Many have not the Spirit .    They have some knowledge of scrips and an appearance of religion. But have not the SPIRIT and KNOW IT NOT.

TIME to preachthe true GOSPLE again.  TIME to get all affections above AGAIN.  

We in dire straits and many know it not.    They are hearing from a spirit than can quoate scrips , but cannot rightly divide nor LIVE IT.

they have no power over sin, they twist HIS sayings, justify sin like remarriage , swearing oaths, taking to court,   storing up

and not only do they not see it as wrong,  THEY EMBRACE IT AS LOVE and TRUTH and the SPIRIT.    But the SPIRIT , the HOLY ONE

don't make excuse to go around what JESUS said,    NO SAY TAN does that .  he is deceiving many and they know it not.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,156
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.wordofhisgrace.org/wp/

challenge is for you to re-examine your beliefs in light of God’s Word alone and see if they are truly biblical. Using the Bible alone to interpret itself, find out whether the beliefs you hold dear are really from God. Or are they just from some creed or the fabrications of a sixteenth or seventeenth century European or New England theologian in the pocket of the local politicians. During the course of your study, try using some of our resources. They are sure to challenge you. And, yes, please search the Scriptures to see whether what we say is from the Bible (Acts 17:11).

ah at last a site that also is believing in bible first and scriptual text and contextual understanding. interesting site. plus it has audio

Edited by existential mabel