• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I was catholic. I never has this "access" to the body and blood of Jesus. Could you please explain.

Did you never make your First Communion?

Yes

1 hour ago, OldSchool2 said:

If you never made First Communion, you never had access and you never made it to Confirmation, so you were never Roman Catholic.

DHNfyAPUIAEM4jh.jpg

Actually Oldschool, if you would look at my reply you would have seen my reply, I said yes. I was a Roman Catholic for thirty plus years. I was confirmed by Cardinal Spellman in the Philippine islands, I graduated from altar boy in black to an acolyte in red. Hundreds of masses. Can still recite most of the mass, even requiem mass, in Latin. So what! What a waste.  Then, by God's grace, I (finally) heard the gospel in a small Baptist church during a funeral, and the rest is glorious, Praise Jesus. I was delivered. I pray for you Oldschool, that God would be as gracious to you. While thirty years in the church, I never, repeat, never, ate any flesh or drank any blood. Crackers and wine, which most of us altar boys would sample extra unbeknownst to the priest. God is Light, and the truth will set you free. I love catholics, as most of my relatives and older friends are. But I don't give up hope. God is still on the throne.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Did you never make your First Communion?

Yes

Actually Oldschool, if you would look at my reply you would have seen my reply, I said yes. I was a Roman Catholic for thirty plus years. I was confirmed by Cardinal Spellman in the Philippine islands, I graduated from altar boy in black to an acolyte in red. Hundreds of masses. Can still recite most of the mass, even requiem mass, in Latin. So what! What a waste.  Then, by God's grace, I (finally) heard the gospel in a small Baptist church during a funeral, and the rest is glorious, Praise Jesus. I was delivered. I pray for you Oldschool, that God would be as gracious to you. While thirty years in the church, I never, repeat, never, ate any flesh or drank any blood. Crackers and wine, which most of us altar boys would sample extra unbeknownst to the priest. God is Light, and the truth will set you free. I love catholics, as most of my relatives and older friends are. But I don't give up hope. God is still on the throne.

Amen Gary.......I was raised Catholic too, baptised, communion, and confirmed and attended catholic schools right through high school.  It is sad that for all their belief about life in the Eucharist, there is no life in Catholicism.  When the Lord was drawing me to Himself over 30 years ago, I somehow knew instinctively by His grace, not to seek Him in a Catholic church because there was no reality there, no substance, no life, just ceremony, ritual and empty words devoid of His Spirit.  I went to a church where the gospel was being preached and was born again.  Catholics are being lied to, and then go on to perpetuate the lies, and it is costing them all their souls.  Many are well meaning throughout the organization, but just are not in possession of the life of the gospel to be able to share it with others.  They need to be born again and then to learn the bible for themselves.  Jesus said except ye be born of the Spirit ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

But I Thess. 5:22 is talking about "evil" from God's standpoint 

THIS IS VERY TRUE.     From GODS VIEW HIS STANDPOINT. to abstain from all appearance of what GOD considerers evil.

SUCH a simple way of saying it Shiloh.   this is HOW this was meant .

19 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Amen Gary.......I was raised Catholic too, baptised, communion, and confirmed and attended catholic schools right through high school.  It is sad that for all their belief about life in the Eucharist, there is no life in Catholicism.  When the Lord was drawing me to Himself over 30 years ago, I somehow knew instinctively by His grace, not to seek Him in a Catholic church because there was no reality there, no substance, no life, just ceremony, ritual and empty words devoid of His Spirit.  I went to a church where the gospel was being preached and was born again.  Catholics are being lied to, and then go on to perpetuate the lies, and it is costing them all their souls.  Many are well meaning throughout the organization, but just are not in possession of the life of the gospel to be able to share it with others.  They need to be born again and then to learn the bible for themselves.  Jesus said except ye be born of the Spirit ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

GOD has mercy on us people , HE sure does.  He has drawn men and women out of that pit of darkness wherein their is no life nor hope.

While I may never have been one.   What I was , \was simply one of the worst wicked things ever .   GOD had mercy on me too.

Called me out , drew me to Christ and put me directly IN the B   I   B   L   E,  which by those holy scrips , makes us wise unto salvation

and far from the salvation of many men in many churches gone wrong.     OH let us praise the LORD for his mercy indeed.  and let us pray that many trapped in deception

of mens traditions and lies , will be set free in Christ to learn and grow and feed on the real true holy scrips and not the doctrines taught by men which have led many astray .

• Thumbs Up 2

I think this slogan would be more honest ,   TO BE AN ............

one must kneel before the whore and make it seem as though they kneel before Christ.   

And now I end this evening with a song of praise to the LORD.

Blessed be the one true GOD who sent the savoir .

Let us focus songs to thee O lord and focus on thy sayings alone

and let the carnality of us all be burned out through the SPIRIT and the feeding on bible only doctrine.  AMEN .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Very well put, Heleadethme. It sounds just like myself, all the way through high school. I have had to go to a few funerals at some old catholic churches I had been to many years past. When I enter the church, I feel such a foreboding, a feeling of despair as I listen to the priest, and look at the people, many of which are relatives and friends, and such a sense of hopelessness. I see people that  are so entrenched in church tradition and doctrine, never hearing a gospel message, and feeling a sense of despair, like you said, devoid of His Spirit. Looking at all the paintings and statues of dead "saints" people pray to, like a good luck charm, trying to get an inside track on God's ear, not knowing they can go directly to God and not need an earthly intercessor, only our advocate, Jesus Christ.   1John,2:1  And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous  Yes there are well meaning Catholics, but never reading God's letters written to us, only hearing what the church has decided they need to hear. Why is it so many, going to church, never understand salvation cannot be worked for, cannot be bought, no mater how many novenas, rosaries, stations of the cross, masses, eucharists, confessions, baptisms, the sacraments, etc. It's a gift. From our Creator. His great and wondrous Grace. Only add your part, faith.
2Co 4:3,4  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

10 hours ago, Davida said:

So, explain , you think that scripture meant to take all gender pronouns out of the BIBLE Scripture??? 

You obviously have no idea what I think, even when I post it in English.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We are to abstain from the appearance of evil as the Bible, not human traditions, define "evil."   I don't think that is hard to understand.  That is what Jesus did.  It really is that simple.

According to you and others, it appears evil for a man to be alone in public with a woman not his spouse or family member.  Jesus was alone on public with a woman known to have a "low reputation" that was neither His spouse or family member.  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But I Thess. 5:22 is talking about "evil" from God's standpoint.

I am saved by the blood of Jesus and His work on the cross.   Transubstantiation does not save.... 

But Jesus didn't say "save"; he said you have no life in you without partaking of his body and blood.

And Lady Kay was referring to the perception of evil from the perspective of others, not God.

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Because Jesus was claiming to be God.   Jesus was claiming to the be the source of eternal life and only God can impart eternal life.  Jesus was claiming to be greater than Moses and the law and that was simply not something that many of His disciples could accept....

What his disciples couldn't accept was Jesus' claiming to be the Bread of Life (John 6:48).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. (John 6:48-51 KJV).

• Thumbs Up 1