IGNORED

I Thes 5:22

Running Gator

7 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

The only good work you can do is to believe on the only one who can do it for you.

It's that simple.

Then all of this stuff about communion and how we view it really doesn't matter does it?  One can be denied communion by the church and still be saved.  Is that true?  

Read the Old Testament and realize that Leviticus was not written by the Jesus' apostles

It was in Acts, which is the New Testament.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

On 11/5/2017 at 1:11 PM, Running Gator said:

God says to avoid all forms of evil.

Jesus stood at the well talking alone to a woman of ill repute.  That could have been seen by some that it is ok to mess around with such women.  Was Jesus wrong for doing so?

Nope....But the woman was not in Jesus house and Jesus was not in a bar talking to her.  He was at a public well  All up front.  Have you never spoken to a hooker since you've been saved?   Notice, the hooker whom Jesus spoke to got saved...Became no longer a hooker.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Nope....But the woman was not in Jesus house and Jesus was not in a bar talking to her.  He was at a public well  All up front.  Have you never spoken to a hooker since you've been saved?   Notice, the hooker whom Jesus spoke to got saved...Became no longer a hooker.

And yet I am told that the mere act of eating a meal in a public place with a woman not my spouse gives the appearance of evil.  

... in the KJV?

And we're not talking about pleasing God, but in putting your faith in a translation dating back to 1611, i.e., "bibliolatry."

I could just as easily accuse you of worshipping the Catholic Church.  By the way, that is not a new accusation to me.  Desperate people come up with the stupidest of false charges when they can't win an argument on merit.  I have faith that the Bible is the Word of God and fully trustworthy, and that God preserved it completely in English, no errors.  That way I can trust in what saith the Lord.  

I do have a question for you regarding translations.  As a good Catholic, how come you are ok with having an incomplete translation?  What I mean by that is the RCC says that the canon consists of 73 books, not the 66 recognized by protestants.  The Catholic Bible has all 73 of those books.  If you use the NIV, that means your Bible is not complete.  The original KJV Bible had the 66 books of the canon, and the Apocrypha, which was never considered canon by protestants, in the center.  There are 14 Apocryphal books in the original KJV Bible.  Half of those are considered canon by the RCC, so again, why aren't you concerned about those missing books?  If you are going to continue to worship the Catholic Church, you should at least do a good job of it.  If I am guilty of worshipping the KJV Bible, you are guilty of worshipping the Catholic Church, which is full of idols.  The Catholics pray to statues, and you are charging me with idolatry???  What a joke!  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus was not referring to cannibalism, nor was He talking about the pagan eucharist.   He was spiritualizing His body and blood to make the point that He was giver of eternal life.  It is the RCC that turned Jesus teaching into cannibalism.

You're turning it into Gnosticism.

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins... (Matt. 26:28).

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you...." (Luke 22:19)

That's blood shed and a body broken on a cross.

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?..." 1 Cor. 10:16

Guest shiloh357
Just now, OldSchool2 said:

You're turning it into Gnosticism.

LOL, no I am not.   You don't seem to understand what Gnosticism is. 

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins... (Matt. 26:28).

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you...." (Luke 22:19)

That's blood shed and a body broken on a cross.

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?..." 1 Cor. 10:16

But the Eucharist has paganized that into a rite that amounts to a re-sacrificing of Jesus and that is pure blasphemy.  Totally Anathema.

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Denadii said:

She was no a prostitute.  Read your Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I could just as easily accuse you of worshipping the Catholic Church.....

Except that I don't believe that it's the only Christian denomination where one can meet Christ.

I was "saved" after a ceremony in a Baptist Church in Connecticut, spoke in tongues during an altar call in a storefront nondenominational assembly in Queens and married in an Episcopal Church. And I consider all of these groups to be valid Christian assembles.

But you think the only valid Bible in the world is the KJV!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

Then all of this stuff about communion and how we view it really doesn't matter does it?

Correct.  (varies with the group defined as "we")

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

One can be denied communion by the church and still be saved.  Is that true?  

Referring to the rcc 'church' (i.e. false church),  obviously it is best to stay far, far away from it, and never to trust it nor to ask it any questions (as if to ever get an honest answer, or even hoping that any answer from it could be true)