IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, inchrist said:

RCC doesnt state works to salvation.....alot of this stems from complete misunderstanding of one church with other.

Yes it does and those who say otherwise are lying.

You really not going to win this argument based on hatred.

I am not operating based on hate, but based on a refusal to compromise.

I enploy you to take the same attitude as Priscilla

It's "implore"  and if I were dealing with someone like Apollo, I would be like Priscilla.   But I am contending those who are tares among the wheat who seek to sow deceit and false doctrine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not brow beating anyone.   I am simply countering false teachers, cultists who don't want to be questioned or challenged or have their false teachings called out.   And I will stop.

And these are your proof texts? And you claim to be witnessed by NO extra-biblical words? No doubt all exemplary Christians...

"Liberals claim to be open to other points of view, but are shocked and offended to discover that there are other points of view." ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it." ~ H. L. Menken

"The further society drifts away from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." ~ George Orwell

Tyranny always begins with, "This is for your protection." You don't have to be insane to be a Democrat, but it helps

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

And these are your proof texts? And you claim to be witnessed by NO extra-biblical words? No doubt all exemplary Christians...

"Liberals claim to be open to other points of view, but are shocked and offended to discover that there are other points of view." ~ William F. Buckley, Jr.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it." ~ H. L. Menken

"The further society drifts away from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." ~ George Orwell

Tyranny always begins with, "This is for your protection." You don't have to be insane to be a Democrat, but it helps

No, they are not prooftexts of anything...  I have never claimed to be "witnessed" (whatever that means) by no extra-biblical words.   Really, is that all you have???  

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, inchrist said:

Yes but it doesnt do that at the expense of loving your neighbour based on misunderstandings with the other churches.

I am not doing it at the expense of loving my neighbor.   False teachers are not my neighbors.

Again this nothing more than unhealthy competition who is the true church

I am not in competition with anyone.  Neither is this about who "the" true Church. 

The Lord Yeshua knows who is His True Church.
All the others have been warring among themselves forever. It is the meek that shall inherit and the lowly in spirit.

God knows who His people are. They have no reason whatsoever to fight. Fighting never achieved anything much.

James 4:1

“From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?” 
King James Version (KJV)

• Loved it! 1

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not doing it at the expense of loving my neighbor.   False teachers are not my neighbors.

But by their fruit you will know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

But by their fruit you will know them. Do they gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles?

yes, and the verse you just quoted was about false teachers.   Thanks for helping me make my point.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:16 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Most Christ based Churches believe in the 2 Great Commandments.

So why so much HATE?

All claim the first to be true in their faith.

Matthew 22:37-38 (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

Many fail on the second.

Matthew 22: 39-40

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If we truly hold the first in our hearts and belief, we should be able to do the second.

John 14:15King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Instead we mistreat each other by down playing others faith. Calling eachother cults and bickering over issues of Man's written laws and traditions.

Didn't Jesus say:

Mark 7:9 (NKJV)

9 He said to them, “All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.

Most of Christ based religions follow Christ and hold him as a teacher. Yet they dismiss his teachings.

By not obeying the second, we can't say we hold to the first. We are hipocrites. We speak as if we are believers but do not keep to our words.

Matthew 15:9King James Version (KJV)

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The small differences are not more important than the 2 Great Commandments. Yet we allow them to cause us to sin, cause conflict and spread confusion.

Does this help God or harm him?

Why so much HATE?

An individual  " church " in the sense you are speaking can  " believe "  nothing .

They are composed of wood , stone , mortar and are incapable of belief . 

True belief and worship of God can only occur within the confines and constraints of the desirous individual human heart & soul .

No matter what " church "  that particular human heart & soul happens to be sitting in .

That all churches mouth the Word of God does not mean that the Word of God is then written on the hearts of the entire congregation .

True worship of God's truth  takes places by the members of His church  on the sea , on the mountaintop , in the hospital , in the CPA's office , on the playing field , in the nursing home , in the grocery store , at the doctors office , in the school , by the water brook .  and yes even in the church itself .  

But bear in mind if at  the very first church service celebrating the Lord's Supper  Satan himself was sitting in the pew : 

" And after the sop Satan entered into him . "   ( John 13 : 27 ) 

We should not be ignorant to his devices , and deceived into thinking that because we are sitting in a particular building calling ourselves by a particular name that  Satan 

himself is any less a very present  force for evil , strife . derision as he was in the upper room .

" As the hart panteth after the water brooks

So panteth my soul after Thee O God . 

My soul thirsteth for God , for the living God .           ( Psalm 42 )

Edited by Unfailing Presence
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I dont see how that proves your point....

Of course you don't, LOL

When Jesus said "you will know them by their fruit,"  He was talking about knowing false teachers from those who are not.

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The Lord Yeshua knows who is His True Church.
All the others have been warring among themselves forever. It is the meek that shall inherit and the lowly in spirit.

God knows who His people are. They have no reason whatsoever to fight. Fighting never achieved anything much.

James 4:1

“From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?” 
King James Version (KJV)

More bad application of Scripture.   That has nothing to do with contending against false teachers.