IGNORED

Why so much Hate between the Churches/Religions that follow Christ?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

13 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Why so much HATE?

Lack of spirituality. When people are not in the same spirit disagreements and fights will take place.

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh;
and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish." - Galatians 5:17

But if we all are in the same spirit things will work as intended, and we will all be one. And what real Christians have is the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit.

"Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul;
neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common." - Acts 4:32

And do not be deceived, there are churches who claim to be churches of Christ but they are not in the Spirit, otherwise the Holy Spirit would not go against them as the Spirit of Truth cannot contradict himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

But if we all are in the same spirit things will work as intended, and we will all be one. And what real Christians have is the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit.

This was the point of my post. If we live in and through Jesus/God, we would not hate. Cause conflict, mistreatment or division.

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul;

Exactly. If we possess God's spirit our heart and soul would reflect this in our daily walk. No conflict.

And do not be deceived, there are churches who claim to be churches of Christ but they are not in the Spirit, otherwise the Holy Spirit would not go against them as the Spirit of Truth cannot contradict himself.

Right.

So my original post was saying that if these Christ based churches/people are genuinely of/in the Spirit then they would have no problem holding to the 2 Great Commandments.

If God is above all else, we would live by his Law, no deviation.

If he says treat others as you want them to treat you in love. The hate I am referring to would not occur.

Examples of the hate are all over this thread and many others. (Not speaking of you 4LdKHVCzRDj2, just mentioning because some keep asking for examples).

21 minutes ago, Davida said:

If you "live in and thru Jesus/God" - why are you so quick to accuse people of HATE when they disagree with you?

I have not accused anyone of hate because they disagree with me.

I asked why the hate because of differences between denominations.

Criticizing, belittling, negative name calling, accusations of wolves, cults and the like is what I was saying is Hate.

I asked, why do people who believe and follow Christ partake in such behaviors (Hate)?

Disagreement with me means nothing. Disagreement with God is something else.

Partaking in Hate, or (referencing another post), Partaking in the appearance of evil, is to be in disagreement with God and his laws.

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

(1)

True.

(2)

False.

(3)

WHO?

(4)

This is universally true, except for the remnant.(ekklesia, born again by the Father's Will, set apart by Him also) .

Wait a minute...... who told you this ?

If it is in the Bible,  where is it written ?

Very clever Jeff. I missed it the first time around, but I see it clearer now. Clever.... clever. Thank you!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1958

Hello, I do not know the answer, nor will I quote the bible. I do think a lot of it has to do with PRIDE. I have been to many different Christian churches and talked to many people of different Christian denomination. Each or most denomination has leaders and members (not all leaders and members) that feel they need to POUND their chest saying they are the TRUE church. You have to be a member of their church, because they UNDERSTAND what the Bible and Jesus is saying. This leads to resentment and even hate towards other Christians.

Christian denomination and individual Christians will argue over the littlest things like: should kids under 14 go to the regular service or a youth service, how long the service should be, should everyone sing or just the choir, how long should you sing for, how you should be baptized - should it be in a RIVER or LAKE or is a tub of water good enough, and last but not least what day of the week should you go to church. There are many other things I did not mention.

I admit I do not know a lot of the bible I can not quote to many different parts of the bible, but through Christ I am learning more everyday. I do know this: there will come a time when all Christ disciples - all those that are Truly Born Again through the Spirit, all those that are the children of God, will one day worship Jesus as one. 

It does not matter how long your service is, nor what day your service is, nor where you are baptized, it does not matter if you have separate services one for adults and one for youths. All That Matters is if ----- You believe in, and live by, the Two Great Commandments.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Then again I could be wrong, Peace and love to all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

....You pointed to people in this thread as being examples of HATE.

Where?

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Aren't you guilty of belittling and criticizing people & Labelling & accusing others of HATE?

I asked a question, why the hate amongst Christ based religions?

I quoted scripture and spoke on the truth of behaviors that I have seen and experienced from followers of Christ. My statements were to narrow my question down to that particular point of, If the religion/belief is Christ based why not follow his teachings and not Hate?

I then asked the question again. Why the hate?

I did not point out a particular person/s, group nor denomination and say these particular individuals hate. Nor did I accuse, criticize or belittle anyone.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

why the hate amongst Christ based religions?

(1) test them all before trusting them (any group/ religion/ church / teacher / teaching/ doctrine/ dogma, etc etc etc).

i.e. before believing anything, test it, as Yahweh leads and His Word Says, UNTIL it is proven truth, or fails.

(2) "Christ based" ...... similar to (1), but even more .... ..... ..... LIGHT and LIFE,  or Dark and Death. (it is a devastating and often embarrassing surprise to discover the TRUTH in JESUS - "nothing is as it seems" in the world) .... and only in Yahweh's Grace is anyone able to be free from the world's deception all around us, and the devil's power also....

(3) "hate" ......  almost no one knows what and who Yahweh hates. 

This in spite of the fact that He is very simple about this, and clear in His Word.  (people almost never check or read HIs Word about anything, and/or almost never believe it) .....

(4) As Jesus told all the Apostles and His disciples,  if anyone thinks they have it made, or that they can accomplish their salvation,  they have failed already. 

(5) Love what the Father showsfrom heaven to love (by the will, willingly, NOT by emotion nor feelings),

and hate what the Father shows from heaven to hate (by the will, a choice, willingly, NOT by emotion nor feelings).

i.e. Love what the Father in heaven loves, and hate what the Father in heaven hates.

(7) Let everything (eventually , gradually, after spending a lot of time alone with the Father and learning from HIm, His Way)  you do be as the Father in heaven does, what He Says to do,  and let every word spoken be from Him. 

(6) Bring (willingly, by a choice) everything subject to Jesus (dreams, imaginations, thoughts, hopes, accomplishments, pursuits, choices, longings, desires, aims, goals, wants, needs, .... everything with no exception)

i.e. be a continual living sacrifice as He Says, His Way, living self-sacrificially as Jesus always ...... dead to the world, and the world dead to you/us......  "CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST" (honestly, yes)

Hate what Yahweh hates,

Love what Yahweh loves,

DO (be a DOER of) Yawheh's Word all the time, daily, as His Word Says.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

The babylon today is far far more wicked, and not able to repent.

Compromise with babylon is certain death, or almost certain.

Follow the instructions , eagerly and devotedly, to get free and stay free, if Yahweh permits.

Simply trust and rely on Him and His Word,  and don't continue in sin any more willingly.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

Oh Yes you have made the accusation against Christians and accusing them of "hatred". It is what your thread was supposed to be all about,  pointing fingers at other Christians &  and accusing them of hate in a pseudo piety.  The hypocrisy is evident your statement as soon as you make that pronouncement against other Christians.  

As I said I spoke on a topic, where I've seen hate through out different denomination which follow Christ. 

I brought the topic up because if we obeyed the 2 Great Commandments in full we would all be doing as Jesus wants.

Not divide his followers and sling insults between fellow men. That is not Christ like.

You take it how you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, inchrist said:

Paranoia....I have hardly seen many false teachers on here, what there has been is alot of mistaken teachers.

Big difference. 

Mistaken teachers you treat with love not as common thugs.

No, there have been several.   For starters, there are those who deny the deity of Jesus who masquerade as Christians.