IGNORED

Would having special services for Pastors or other members be considered Idolatry?

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You see, they preached the gospel AS LIFE and for LIFE .    that is the whole beauty of it.

And I truly believe with every ounce of my innermost being , that any man that is WELL seasoned and in the position to have that type of authority.

WELL..............HE SHOULD be AS CHRIST who came to serve and not BE served.   and CORRECT like JESUS DID TOO. 

And IF we examine the gospels.   DID JESUS live any BETTER than his flock...............OR the identical same.  SAME.   it was same clothes , same food , no better

and HE was as one who served. SO yeah I have major issues with ROME and with that false prosperity gospel too.  Cause neither knows GOD .    netiher.

25 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I sure don't see Christ in any of them.   THEY SURE LIVE FAR BETTER than their FLOCKS wouldn't we say, and they say.HEY its all for the GLORY OF GOD.

NOPE its for their own glory .  they store up and they LIE to many and many buy that lie.   And that I have a major problems with.

they fleecing the flocks and now worse they leadng everyone back to rome.     BUT I aint down for no count.   I will warn to my last breath , cause

it aint money I love..........its the souls.  

This is a worldwide problem - finding an honest shepherd (not a hireling).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

This is a worldwide problem - finding an honest shepherd (not a hireling).

JEFF I must always be honest.    IT is so hard to find a true one ,  that if I told you how hard,   you might even gasp.

THEIRS that many false ones out their .   and its darn scary how many have not a clue.  Now I aint been in EVERY church and I aint met every pastor.

BUT here is the scary thing .  ALL Of the ones I have seen or met.................THEY false. AND THAT IS REAL SCARY.   real scary. 

I know I will probably be hounded for saying it , and one of our members here already did, they said they know LOTS of GOOD churches.

and I was like amen.  good.   TILL THEY BROUGHT JOHN PIPER ON and see him as GOOD.  NO WONDER he thinks so many churches are good and aint seeing what I am.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

42 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I have no problem with a pastor living from the flock.   MY problem is when they live better than the flock. OR focus on MONEY .

as for a pastor being appreciated ,  sure so long as the church gives all the recognition to GOD and the pastor can either refuse or accept it .

Most I think who truly follow Christ would probably say lets make this into a HONOR GOD day.    but personally I have no problem with it

SO long as the people don't make him out to be some great one .  that would be a problem that is idolatry.    I love the examples of paul and peter

where they KNEW they had the right to live from the flock. BUT never took advantage of it, instead they were as ensamples to the flock.

Paul was so concerned for the church , he even had their giving be stored up before HE came so it would be seen as bounty rather  than any way to be seen as covetous.

THEY sure preached against any kind of love for money.   Because they themselves had NO LOVE FOR MONEY,  their LOVE was the church and the GOSPLE and CHRIST .

Oh there are some who pull in a bundle. They have private jets and mansions. They live high off the hog. Give me a humble Pastor who lives very modest and is a very humble person and I can respect that. Are there any around today?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Just now, missmuffet said:

Oh there are some who pull in a bundle. They have private jets and mansions. They live high off the hog. Give me a humble Pastor who lives very modest and is a very humble person and I can respect that. Are there any around today?

SISTER by grace the LORD put me only in THE BIBLE for learning.   For years and for years and for years I have prayed LORD raise up true men

who can teach and lead the church.   still I have found none.   And still daily with love for that bible I just by grace keep reading it hours daily

and keep praying Lord Who do we send the people to and who will warn them .

Who will help them , cause all I keep seeing are errors and not minor ones , major ones.

Still I will keep praying < LORD raise up men to warn , raise up men to give truth to your people.

Its becoming quite obvious , that if I WANT the people warned..........THEN I NEED TO GET OUT and do it and thus I have began.

But who to send them too ,   I cannot find.   SO I will just keep meeting with a few and we will go out and proclaim the truth. 

And I need help from others.    Miss muffet you must pray for us all.    prayer is as good and part of the ministry as is evangelizing itself.

I am not claiming to be no pastor , just a man.  But its time to warn the people and its time toget them out from under lies of men NOW.

• Oy Vey! 1

Men don't need to be trained in these torn down theological schools.

YOU KNOW what one needs.  CHRIST , and feed andread from the HOLY BIBLE.

that ,them scrips, the ones in that bible.  THEY do make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ .

NOW arise peoples and praise the LORD.    praise the LORD andgive HIM all glory .   

• Oy Vey! 1

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I know I will probably be hounded for saying it , and one of our members here already did, they said they know LOTS of GOOD churches.

and I was like amen.  good.   TILL THEY BROUGHT JOHN PIPER ON and see him as GOOD.  NO WONDER he thinks so many churches are good and aint seeing what I am.

True,  many members follow him or others who have been long ago exposed as false as God's Word Says to do with those who practice darkness and those who preach a false gospel.  So far almost none of them bother to check Scripture to see what is truth, but just keep going to get their ears tickleed,  and it looks like nothing will save them .....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are there any around today?

As one believer said "PRAISE GOD HE DIDN"T SAY NONE !"  "GOD SAID NOT MANY" !

We have all been taking this to the Father's Throne with Jesus that you may find a true teacher you can trust and believe...

Just now, simplejeff said:

True,  many members follow him or others who have been long ago exposed as false as God's Word Says to do with those who practice darkness and those who preach a false gospel.  So far almost none of them bother to check Scripture to see what is truth, but just keep going to get their ears tickleed,  and it looks like nothing will save them .....

Jeff , we gotta do something .  the flocks are being fleeced .   The people are being devoured by wolves in wool.   And worse they love tohave it so.

IF we truly love the people ,we gotta warn no matter how much they or the world will hate us.   And I seriously need help warning out agiainst this wicked

all inclusive interfaith.  this LIE is the lie that leads the world right to the end.   right to the true churches great betrayal.  and so few are seeing this .

they going all with its mindsets which start small but end massive in death.    We gotta warn the people at all costs . 

• Oy Vey! 1

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

As one believer said "PRAISE GOD HE DIDN"T SAY NONE !"  "GOD SAID NOT MANY" !

We have all been taking this to the Father's Throne with Jesus that you may find a true teacher you can trust and believe...

IN the meanwhile miss muffet keep feeding also only from the bible.  its pure and all you need is the Spirit to guide you.

we shall keep praying for you.   Sister you loved .   And keep praying for us all.    TIME to armour up in the LORD , HE IS OUR GUIDE

and we shall march forward in the LORD no matter what comes against us .  no matter what .  TO THE LORD be the glory to the LORD be the praise . 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I did not accuse you of calling it idolatry

Your exact words were

2 hours ago, Davida said:

why would you call it idolatry?

I never called it idolatry and this is where mixing of words occured. Then false perceptions of what I meant ensue.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I asked you WHY would you compare showing appreciation to the Pastor  to idolatry? 

This not what you initially asked and I didn't compare. 

More of what you perceived

1 hour ago, Davida said:

It is obvious that you do not like that these Churches that want to show their appreciation for their Pastor  or you have some issues with Pastors because you've started thread topic in order to put a negative spin on it & liken it to idolatry.

And yet even more of what you perceive

1 hour ago, Davida said:

but you on the other had dedicated a whole thread to accusing other Christians of hate & breaking the Golden rule & love thy Neighbor.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Seems like you have a double standard to me.

I don't even want to try and understand where this is coming from.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Isn't appreciation day for Pastors - a topic where the do unto others  & love they neighbor (Pastor) should apply also?

I guess it could if people feel this is what they want to do. I never said people should or shouldn't.

I asked to get an understanding, not to dictate what others should do or not do.