• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Anyway  It seems we are in danger of  being in a discussion with no benefit, a vain argument. So it if this is all it's to be, I will bow out afterall. But know I bow out happy in this world, treasuring the certain promise of eternal life to come.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I guess your are right some are going to find their joy  by declaring unclean, unclean, unclean!  But to what good purpose?

What JOY and PEACE and SALVATION did JESUS PROCLAIM to the dead, to the lepers, to the blind and the lame ?

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hey if this is as good as it gets,

For most people all around us, for most visitors and a lot of "citizens of ATHENS"

it is NOT GOOD AT ALL !

They go on partying ,  shopping,  spending,  drinking, dancing, marrying and giving in marriage

just as if JESUS IS NOT RETURNING,

just as if JUDGMENT IS NOT AT HAND.

So then,

if they do not turn to YAHWEH in repentance to be healed, saved and delivered from SATAN,

they are not healed, saved nor delivered from SATAN.

THE GREATEST JOYOUSNESS for US (EKKLESIA ON EARTH) and for THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN

is over ONE SOULS THAT IS SAVED, when they are saved,

NOT over the others that keep going their own way, dead in sin and trespasses, even arm in arm , hand in hand, with the churches on the wide road to destruction.

• This is Worthy 1

PERFECT HEALING AND SALVATION IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS FROM YAHWEH TO THE WORLD all around us. (including to visiting the forum, members and non-members alike all over the world)

• This is Worthy 1

Be happy, don't worry, be happy. God is sovereign. It is well with my soul is more than a tune, it is a man's testimony!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Neighbor said:

BTW _- to me there is more than one choice of two. All is not polyanna, but  are we not to count it all for joy?

and are we not to run the race to the finish?

Are we to sit on our hands only lamenting?

Or are we to do all things to the Glory of God?

I really do find the constant presentation of gloom coming from a very few that  claim they are secure in our Lord Jesus to be more than odd, almost a sickness of spirit within them as well as a great sadness to read about. For how can anyone have Jesus and the awesome security of His faith that brings life eternal with God the Father and the Holy Spirit and Him, yet  then see all of life as unfair to them, and the world as a garbage dump.  

Actually I guess it is unfair in the sense that nothing is deserved, in which case I sure do not want what is fair to me. I want Jesus as my savior instead!

And yes that is all joy, all!  There is no sadness in that security. That security allows me to count all things, all happenings, all that I undergo  in my sanctification, as joy, not despair.

So do I share of gloom, or of joy in all things?  Am I to do all things in an attempt to bring glory to my savior's name?  Or, do I sit and lament of the calamities that befall me, and hope all others say amen to the recitation of calamities, plus add  their own too then  call this a garbage heap?

I say  no! We count it all for joy ( even that which hurts ) and take joy in the day and the eternity to come.

Let's just be real......there is a time to laugh and a time to cry.  Like His peace, the Lord does not give us joy as the world does in their self-satisfaction.  I hope we are not like those who complained, what do we gain by going about mourning before the Lord, because He was not pleased with that attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

20 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Anyway  It seems we are in danger of  being in a discussion with no benefit, a vain argument. So it if this is all it's to be, I will bow out afterall. But know I bow out happy in this world, treasuring the certain promise of eternal life to come.

I'm benefiting from this discussion, it is far from being in vain.  The truth is beautiful, all of it.....I love it and revel in it, so to speak.  If we can't see the truth as being beautiful and something to rejoice in then there must be something wrong with how we are seeing it, maybe we are rebelling against it in our hearts, because God judges RIGHTEOUS judgment and I read where there is great rejoicing at the destruction of the wicked and even prayers of how long O Lord before you avenge us.  That time has to come, and is going to come, though for now thankfully the olive branch of reconciliation with God is still being offered.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 11/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, Neighbor said:

Hi all, It may be tempting (to some at least)  to state the world is a garbage dump. BUT how does that stack up with the Bible if we substitute the words Garbage Dump for world?

Let's try a few examples and see how they fit:

God so loved the Garbage Dump that He gave His only begotten Son for it. Eh, maybe not a great fit.

What of other possible substitutions of Garbage Dump for world in the Bible, do any fit really good? Got some?

Somebody said that all comparisons were lame.

Well I guess there is still interest and new expression of thought so we are not just vainly repeating ourselves yet after all. I felt we were about to be there.

Anyway- I don't think I have ever said do not go out into all the world sharing of the gospel of Jesus. I am saying/asking; what joy is there to be found in a gospel that is packaged in despair and lament? Come come join us in our unhappiness ??? not much of an encouragement. Not all the world is in despair, yet all the world needs to hear the Gospel of Jesus and all ares hort of th eglory of God no matter what their station or status or condition of being.

Hearing the word with  understanding born of the Holy Spirit allowing that understanding to penetrate will lead to the turning about from sin against God to repentance from that sinfilled manner/nature. Still the earth will be the same, and one will be as poor or as rich  afterward. But the soul will be happy in all circumstance for having been pulled in to repentance. The leaves of fall though a picture of death and decay will be just as pretty. One can run around saying leaves are rubbish, or they can marvel that there is beauty wherever one is placed.

The kingdom of God is not of this world. Running around declaring one's dismay of the world misses the mark for it doesn't share of the joy there is in Christ Jesus, no matter the condition and circumstance of the physical being.

Though my bones hurt, my stomach aches, my eyes fail to focus well this day, I am happy to my core of my soul, and the world is beautiful for in it are saints sharing of the gospel of Jesus, plus the Holy Spirit who is God is here comforting me even today.

p.s.-As I just commented to my beloved Texas Peach who is on another Christian message board, one where we first met " I am not particularly articulate today, but I am blabby anyway." To which she chuckled... and maybe just a little too enthusiastically, I might add.  Hmmm, better  tend to her morning and have coffee too. Maybe become a little more concise in thought later, after reading what others may post this day.

May God bless all with opportunity to show Christ within them this day,  and share of the joy found in it too!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm saying people do need to hear , read the actual Word of God-the Bible. We also need to check every spiritual teaching by what is written in the Word of God.

Matt 4:4 "4But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

seems a good thing to say.   There is such joy in the gospel of Jesus.