• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Genesis  Chapter 3 :1-5

1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God indeed said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 "For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes shall be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

So the Lord said to the serpent:

14 14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

So the lord said to Eve:

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain  shalt you bring forth children; your desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over you.

So the Lord said to Adam;

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou have heeded the  voice of thy wife, and have eaten from the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it:

Cursed is the ground for thy sake;

in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Both thorns also and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.

19 In the sweat of your face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou are, and to dust you shall return.

So the serpent, Eve and Adam all seem to have been punished and changed after they decided to partake in satans suggestions to disobey God.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

What were men utterly and wilfully ignorant of that Peter speaks about?

2 Peter 3:5-7; 

V. 5, For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
 V. 6, Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
  V. 7, But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

This is what men are willingly ignorant of.

That by the Word of God the heavens were created of old (V. 5: Ps. 68:33; 93:2; 102:25; Mic. 5:2).

That the earth was established in and out of the water (V.5; Ps. 24:2; 136:6).

That the world "that then was" refers to the pre-Adamite world or social system which was destroyed by a great universal flood before Adam (V. 6: Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; Jer. 4:23-26; Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28:11-17).

That the heavens and the earth "which are now" were restored from chaos and judgment about 6000 years ago in Adams day (V. 7; Gen. 1:3-2:25).

That the heavens and the earth entered their second sinful career through Adam and are now reserved for a second universal renovation by fire at the time of the great white throne judgment at the end of the Millennium (V. 7, 10-12; Rom. 8:18-25; Heb. 1:10-12, 12:25-28; Rev. 20:7-15).

Two social systems are mentioned by Peter: one was before the one which is now, and the other after the one that then was (V. 6-7).

The former social system "Perished" by water and the present one will perish by fire (V. 6-7).

The former social system was created "In the beginning" and was destroyed by the flood of Gen. 1:1-2). The present social system was created in 6 days since the flood of Gen. 1:2 (Gen. 1:3-2:25).

The flood of Noah did not destroy all the social system on earth between Adam and Noah, for some were preserved in the Arc to continue that social system after the flood; but the social system "that then was" before the present one utterly perished. ********************

Not one man, bird, or animal was left alive (V. 6; Gen. 1:2; Jer. 4: 23-26).

No reference in Scripture can be found of a change in the heavens and the earth in Noahs day, as in Adams day (gen. 1:3-2:25). This proves that the world "that then was" had to be before Adams day because the heavens and the earth "which are now" came into existence at that time and not at the time of Noah.

There was no man, bird, vegetation, or any life left after the fold of V. 6; Gen. 1:2. They were made again in the 6 days (Gen. 2:4-9). That they had been here before Adams day is clear from Jer. 4:23-26.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Not really clear, no.   Too much added to God's Word,  too much conjecture it looks like to many.

Why hypothesize ?   There's no need to.  It distracts from what is important, when most people already ignore what is important to start with.  Thus more falling away from the Truth, from simple and sure Word of God and Salvation in Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

20 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

What were men utterly and wilfully ignorant of that Peter speaks about?

2 Peter 3:5-7; 

V. 5, For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
 V. 6, Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
  V. 7, But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

This is what men are willingly ignorant of.

That by the Word of God the heavens were created of old (V. 5: Ps. 68:33; 93:2; 102:25; Mic. 5:2).

That the earth was established in and out of the water (V.5; Ps. 24:2; 136:6).

That the world "that then was" refers to the pre-Adamite world or social system which was destroyed by a great universal flood before Adam (V. 6: Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; Jer. 4:23-26; Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28:11-17).

That the heavens and the earth "which are now" were restored from chaos and judgment about 6000 years ago in Adams day (V. 7; Gen. 1:3-2:25).

That the heavens and the earth entered their second sinful career through Adam and are now reserved for a second universal renovation by fire at the time of the great white throne judgment at the end of the Millennium (V. 7, 10-12; Rom. 8:18-25; Heb. 1:10-12, 12:25-28; Rev. 20:7-15).

Two social systems are mentioned by Peter: one was before the one which is now, and the other after the one that then was (V. 6-7).

The former social system "Perished" by water and the present one will perish by fire (V. 6-7).

The former social system was created "In the beginning" and was destroyed by the flood of Gen. 1:1-2). The present social system was created in 6 days since the flood of Gen. 1:2 (Gen. 1:3-2:25).

The flood of Noah did not destroy all the social system on earth between Adam and Noah, for some were preserved in the Arc to continue that social system after the flood; but the social system "that then was" before the present one utterly perished. ********************

Not one man, bird, or animal was left alive (V. 6; Gen. 1:2; Jer. 4: 23-26).

No reference in Scripture can be found of a change in the heavens and the earth in Noahs day, as in Adams day (gen. 1:3-2:25). This proves that the world "that then was" had to be before Adams day because the heavens and the earth "which are now" came into existence at that time and not at the time of Noah.

There was no man, bird, vegetation, or any life left after the fold of V. 6; Gen. 1:2. They were made again in the 6 days (Gen. 2:4-9). That they had been here before Adams day is clear from Jer. 4:23-26.

You were doing great!  Until you added in pre-adamite. Nothing you provide shows any such thing. No need to add in stories that scripture soundly refuted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, hmbld said:

nYou were doing great!  Until you added in pre-adamite. Nothing you provide shows any such thing. No need to add in stories that scripture soundly refuted. 

Provide me with some Scriptures which show's me there was no such thing. Scripture shows the earth was flooded, perished, destroyed, Gen 1:1-2.

And some time later, God restored the earth to a habitable state for man. Gen. 1:3-31; Gen 2: 1:1-2.

There is no way in the world you could have read and checked every Scripture I have provided in my last post. Most have much to say about nothing because they provided no scriptures to support what they say. They just say, that's your idea, or that's your theory.

I have met may men who say the Word of God is nothing but stories, fables. rubbish, untrue, and anyone who believe it is an idiot and needs to see a doctor.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Provide me with some Scriptures which show's me there was no such thing. Scripture shows the earth was flooded, perished, destroyed, Gen 1:1-2.

And some time later, God restored the earth to a habitable state for man. Gen. 1:3-31; Gen 2: 1:1-2.

There is no way in the world you could have read and checked every Scripture I have provided in my last post. Most have much to say about nothing because they provided no scriptures to support what they say. They just say, that's your idea, or that's your theory.

I have met may men who say the Word of God is nothing but stories, fables. rubbish, untrue, and anyone who believe it is an idiot and needs to see a doctor.

I believe scripture. Says all was created in six days. Your lists are made by someone’s web page. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, hmbld said:

"I believe scripture. Says all was created in six days. Your lists are made by someone’s web page. 

My list, "The Scriptures) was taken directly from the bible. The World Wide web does not promote the Word of God as far as I can find? Find me the web page you are alluding to and I will go there and give it a tick of approval.

Gen.1 : 24-25, V. 24, And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
 V.  25, And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

After which kind? After the kind that was on the earth "that then was," that was destroyed, and everything in it and on it, "Perished."

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:09 PM, Justin Adams said:

Unless you understand Elizabethan English and the meanings of those words and expressions, you might mistake them. Replenish simply means fill.

Also, when that cataclysm occurred and the canopy crashed down as the waters of the deep let fly, I imagine anyone on the planet would have difficulty seeing the sun moon or stars. No one was left to do so. Noah and his crowd were shut in the ark and not gazing around either but huddled in terror. I imagine that whole land masses of trees and debris the size of Texas crashed around the globe.
And then God remembered Noah...

Read Gen. 8: 6-11, v. 8 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
    7, And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
    8, Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
    9, But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
    10, And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
    11, And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

Look at that, the sun remained during the flood and was shining after all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

39 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Look at that, the sun remained during the flood and was shining after all.

Agreed. But it was a little while after it all started was it not?

Kind, phylum, type, etc.

Edited by Justin Adams

15 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Agreed. But is was a little while after it all started was it not?

Kind, phylum, type, etc.

An earthly flood can never stop the sun moon and stars shining, only God can do that, and you know it.