Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Would any one here ever write a letter to someone and not address their name? 

I just want to say that it's common courtesy to address someone's name when replying to their post. 

A simple greeting shows brotherly love.  It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with that person, but love and respect should always come first.

Some just may not be aware that's all, and I've probably done it myself from time to time, but proper godly conduct eliminates much pride and arrogance from the word go.

Whatever comes out of our mouth is a reflection of the spirit inside. Everything we say and do is recorded in the books. Our mannerisms should reflect a gentle spirit, not a proud one.

Let's hope our conversations are written in the book of life next to our names, and not in the other book for the damned.

A little courtesy goes a long way, and just because this is a forum, it's no excuse to lose our basic manners.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Hi Sister!  Great suggestion, I seldom address by name, I will try working on that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Sister said:

I just want to say that it's common courtesy to address someone's name when replying to their post. 

A simple greeting shows brotherly love.  It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with that person, but love and respect should always come first.

Some just may not be aware that's all, and I've probably done it myself from time to time, but proper godly conduct eliminates much pride and arrogance from the word go.

Whatever comes out of our mouth is a reflection of the spirit inside. Everything we say and do is recorded in the books. Our mannerisms should reflect a gentle spirit, not a proud one.

Let's hope our conversations are written in the book of life next to our names, and not in the other book for the damned.

A little courtesy goes a long way, and just because this is a forum, it's no excuse to lose our basic manners.

So I should address you as sister Sister?

Have to be a bit clareful not to get too colloquial by typing , Hey Sister.

And; look Sister, seems a bit commanding too.

I am still working on reducing the number of I's I use in any paragraph. For it is not all about me, it's more  about my brothers and sisters, Sister.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only time I really care about being named formally is when anyone makes out a check to me.

My real name is Cash. 

I'd consider that to be real neighborly.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

The only time I really care about being named formally is when anyone makes out a check to me.

My real name is Cash. 

I'd consider that to be real neighborly.

haha this made me chuckle. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Hey Sister and any or everyone else in general and not necessarily by name, wait a minute, book for the damned- what  book for the damned? Is there a mention of a second book within the Bible? Have I, Neighbor, missed that?

Is there any reference within scripture to a book of or for the damned?

Isn't everyone damned, except those whose new name is listed in the Book of Life?

There's  no need of a second book there is there?

Is there a double entry book keeping system in use?

I don't think I have ever read of a second book for the damned, except as a secularist description of the Law of Moses covenant.

58 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So I should address you as sister Sister?

Have to be a bit clareful not to get too colloquial by typing , Hey Sister.

And; look Sister, seems a bit commanding too.

I am still working on reducing the number of I's I use in any paragraph. For it is not all about me, it's more  about my brothers and sisters, Sister.

Hi Neighbor

Heh Sister is fine, at least I know you are addressing me and not someone else.

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hey Sister and any or everyone else in general and not necessarily by name, wait a minute, book for the damned- what  book for the damned? Is there a mention of a second book within the Bible? Have I, Neighbor, missed that?

Is there any reference within scripture to a book of or for the damned?

Isn't everyone damned, except those whose new name is listed in the Book of Life?

There's  no need of a second book there is there?

Is there a double entry book keeping system in use?

I don't think I have ever read of a second book for the damned, except as a secularist description of the Law of Moses covenant.

Hi Neighbor

Yes you have missed it brother.

Revelation 20:12   And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

If our names are not written in the book of life, then we face judgement and are judged by the books.  All our words and deeds are written in those books.

Matthew 12:36   But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

To all

Another thing that bothers my soul.

If someone apologises to us and we ignore them, then wickedness still remains in the soul.  A proud heart will not inherit the kingdom of God, so lets not fool ourselves into thinking we are too important to not forgive.

Matthew 6:14   For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15   But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Forums are in my mind, not the same as writing a letter, but closer to having a conversation with people, because unlike letters which are usually only a discourse between 2 people, there are many people active on a forums board who allay chime into the same conversation.

It would seem awkward for me to address each and every person in the conversation, indeed impossible in some cases as there are so many involved in some of the threads. If I want to address someone specifically I will most likely quote them, though I'll occasionally name them. But If it's a conversation where my reply can be addressed to many I won't and I won't sign my name either.

• Thumbs Up 1