IGNORED

Matt Lauer Fired at NBC

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

On the same day the giant Christmas tree is being lit outside NBC studios at Rockefeller Center in New York City, the network dumped one if it biggest stars.

“Today” show co-host Matt Lauer was fired Wednesday due to inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace, an incident "Today" honchos said they learned about just two days ago. According to The New York Post, the alleged incident occurred during the coverage of the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

Lauer's stunned co-anchor Savannah Guthrie was joined by Hoda Kotb to announce the news on "Today."

"This is a sad morning here at 'Today' and at NBC News," Guthrie said before reading a note from NBC News Chairman Andy Lack.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/29/nbc-announces-today-show-co-host-matt-lauer-fired-due-to-inappropriate-sexual-behavior-at-work.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

One has to wonder where this is going to stop.  I wonder - how many current politicians and media celebrities who have harassment (or worse) skeletons in their closets must be silently quaking in their boots - hoping 'their sins to not find them out'?

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

One has to wonder where this is going to stop.  I wonder - how many current politicians and media celebrities who have harassment (or worse) skeletons in their closets must be silently quaking in their boots - hoping 'their sins to not find them out'?

Blessings,

-Ed

I agree, Ed.  It seems once the genie was let out of the bottle, she has run wild over the entire spectrum of society.  I think it's a good thing but why did it take so long?  These 'stars', politicians and other public figures have to be, as one friend put it, as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!  :P

• Haha 1

Guest shiloh357

Something else to think about is that Matt Lauer made Hillary absolutely furious when he went off script during a public townhall styled meeting and asked her some uncomfortable questions and there were comments made that she was going to get him fired from NBC.

This victim didn't ask for money, but for Lauer to be fired. That was her only demand, as I understand it.  Makes me wonder if Hillary might have something to do with this.

16 hours ago, Butero said:

This is the problem I have with all of the accusations being thrown around, and the assumption of guilt.  If the people are guilty, and it can be proven, fine.  Fire them, suspend them, or whatever you think is necessary based on the seriousness of what they did.  At the same time, nobody should be automatically fired based on an accusation, not even liberals.  I don't doubt some of these people are guilty.  Some have admitted to it, but there is no way I believe all of the accusations are true.  

I don't believe ALL of them are true either.  In Lauer's case though, there is proof in emails sent to various women.  And he has admitted wrong doing as has Al Franken.  In a case like Barton's, he's not guilty of anything excep0t being stupid enough to send out nude photos.  But that's not a fireable offense.  Moore and Conyers deny everything so we'll see.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I don't believe ALL of them are true either.  In Lauer's case though, there is proof in emails sent to various women.  And he has admitted wrong doing as has Al Franken.  In a case like Barton's, he's not guilty of anything excep0t being stupid enough to send out nude photos.  But that's not a fireable offense.  Moore and Conyers deny everything so we'll see.

I thought at first it was an effort by liberals to take down as many conservatives as possible before 2018. But its happening to liberals as well. Now, its anybody's guess.

2 hours ago, Steve_K said:

I thought at first it was an effort by liberals to take down as many conservatives as possible before 2018. But its happening to liberals as well. Now, its anybody's guess.

In regard to Capitol Hill, SOMEONE has pulled the plug in that swamp.  No way this all coincidental.  And, yes, it's hitting Rs and Ds indiscriminately.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

In regard to Capitol Hill, SOMEONE has pulled the plug in that swamp.  No way this all coincidental.  And, yes, it's hitting Rs and Ds indiscriminately.

It makes me wonder MG

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

It makes me realize just how corrupt our world really is. Some of these things are just coming out.

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It makes me realize just how corrupt our world really is. Some of these things are just coming out.

Amen!!! The world is on a fast track to hell.