• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Daniel 3:26-27.  Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out from the fire. 27 And the satraps, the prefects, the governors, and the king's counselors gathered together and saw that the fire had not had any power over the bodies of those men. The hair of their heads was not singed, their cloaks were not harmed, and no smell of fire had come upon them.

where is this rapture you talk about?

Not there I guess since God saved them all and caused none of them to suffer the tribulation of the fiery furnace .

Well I know there are other multiple examples in scripture demonstrating this common theme of God allowing the majority of those , obedient & faithful , to perish while rapturing away a small remnant .

What about the time God's people where being pursued by Pharaoh's army to the edge of the Red sea and they all died in the waters trying to escape  except for  a small remnant 

God saved ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I think it would most helpful to educate  pre-trib adherents  by  harkening back to the Word of God and give some of the examples  throughout scripture of the common remnant rescue theme where God has allowed a group of people , faithful and obedient to Him ,  to suffer the consequences of a looming deadly threat , most being killed , with a small remnant raptured . 

I am amazed not one person has mentioned even one the many examples so far in this thread ?

For example the well known instance of this remnant theme where King Nebuchadnezzar threw all three faithful and obedient servants of God Shadrach , Meshach , Abednego into the tribulation of the fiery furnace ,  allowing Meshach and Abednego to burn to death , but rapturing Shadrach away from the fiery flames  . 

Some one else care to give an example ?

Unfailing Presence

There are plenty of examples, here is one;

Exodus 12:5   Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Exodus 12:7   And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

Exodus 12:8   And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Exodus 12:9   Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Exodus 12:10   And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.

Exodus 12:11   And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

Exodus 12:23   For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

Exodus 12:24   And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I think the whole pre-trib rapture thing that some people will be left behind is GROSS DOCTRINAL ERROR.  THERE IS NO SECOND CHANCE.  THAT'S WHY THE GOSPEL HAS BEEN PREACHED BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT JESUS TODAY, YOU MIGHT NOT LIVE ANOTHER DAY, OR IF JESUS COMES, YOU LOST THAT CHANCE OF REDEMPTION.  THAT'S WHY THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN URGENCY IN PREACHING THE GOSPEL.  THE PRE-TRIB RAPTURE SAYS THAT IF JESUS COMES AND YOU MISSED IT, YOU GET LEFT BEHIND AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE TRIBULATION AND HOPE THAT YOU MAKE IT?  THAT IS HERESY.

Edited by ForHisGlory37

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Unfailing Presence

There are plenty of examples, here is one;

Exodus 12:5   Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

Exodus 12:7   And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

Exodus 12:8   And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Exodus 12:9   Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Exodus 12:10   And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.

Exodus 12:11   And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

Exodus 12:23   For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

Exodus 12:24   And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

Sister ,  God did not cause any  of the obedient & faithful to be killed during the Passover.

I  was asking for examples in scripture where God abandons large numbers of the obedient & faithful to death ?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3,490
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am a pre-tribber and I read pre-trib books and fellowship with pre-tribbers on a regular basis.  And none of us are 100% sure that the pre-trib view is 100%.   We are prepared to be wrong

Your very own words

we can mark off either 3 1/2 years for the mid trip scenario or 7 years for the post trib scenario, which violates Jesus' words that we cannot know when His appearing will be ("appearing" and 2nd coming are not the same thing)

You state poat trib and mid trib violates Christs words.

Thats doesnt sound like someone prepared to admit his wrong or 100% unsure

Edited by inchrist

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually the curse is on people like you who believe the law is required for salvation.  

No i dont...i wouldnt refer to you as a saint if I did, however simply scripture interpreting scripture

Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, 

Edited by inchrist

35 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Um.... your caps lock stuck.

I meant it for emphasis.  ><

35 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Okay.... sorry. The thing is: online, it means the poster is shouting. You might want to try italics (the "I" button above your post when your posting) or bold (the "B" button). Just highlight what you want to italicize/bold with your cursor and hit one of those buttons. :)

Hope this helps.

-Sojo414.

I tried to fix it... hahahaha I think?  LOL  :D

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, inchrist said:

Your very own words

we can mark off either 3 1/2 years for the mid trip scenario or 7 years for the post trib scenario, which violates Jesus' words that we cannot know when His appearing will be ("appearing" and 2nd coming are not the same thing)

You state poat trib and mid trib violates Christs words.

Thats doesnt sound like someone prepared to admit his wrong or 100% unsure

Yes, that is what I said.  And to me that is pretty unassailable logic based on what I know and believe at this time.   What I am saying is that I am prepared for the possibility that there are details I didn't take into consideration.  While I am convinced at this point that the pre-trib view is correct, I am open to the fact that there are factors that I didn't take into consideration.

Most pre-tribbers take that view and we are prepared to live for the Lord to whatever end, even if it means we were wrong about the pre-trib view.   Most of the garbage that people like you spew on the boards about how pre-tribbers think and operate are lies and misinformation.

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

No i dont...i wouldnt refer to you as a saint if I did, however simply scripture interpreting scripture

Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, 

Yes, you teach that salvation is through the law, now that you think that the believers in the pre-trib are under the curse of Balaam.   You really do preach a false gospel and as such are under a curse.

There is no connection between believing in the pre-trib rapture and the curse of Balaam.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, that is what I said.  And to me that is pretty unassailable logic based on what I know and believe at this time.   What I am saying is that I am prepared for the possibility that there are details I didn't take into consideration. 

Really doesnt sound like it all 

With your following statement

Read your Bible.  Dan. 9:27.  The "one week" is the 7 year covenant which marks the beginning of the Tribulation

Yes, you teach that salvation is through the law

provide evidence as such

There is no connection between believing in the pre-trib rapture and the curse of Balaam.

Really? 

This is the common held belief on the topic to prove pretrib

In the next several sections, we will further discuss the differences between the dispensations of Law, grace, and judgment, where the Law covered the time from Moses to the cross, grace covers the time from the cross to the Tribulation, and judgment covers the Tribulation period. This discussion of dispensations will lay the groundwork to understand why the rapture of the Church must occur before the Tribulation begins.

://trackingbibleprophecy.org/rapture.php

Edited by inchrist