IGNORED

Politics, religion and the reason why the Christian Church was formed.

Justmemyselfandi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I just was wondering what people gain from bringing Politics into religion? Is there some since of justifying ourselves as political entities? Is it to try and justify anyone's political leanings by what one sees in The Bible?

What does this have to do with God and why would anyone think that God would want what he created as a way, I would think,  for Christians to support each other in the body of Christ.

I just don't understand why we as Christians need to separate ourselves for people who have the worst record of all at doing anything to benefit us as Christians and the country in general.

Is this what God envisioned what we should do as his follower? I know there are some, probably here that see the opposition political party as downright evil, but how many times have people in the party anyone affiliates towards have produced people who are so appalling that even the most partisan hack can't defend.  When this happens, does it bring out a sense of justification or does it bring up a sadness that one of Gods creations had destroied him or herself  through the debauchery and hedonism in the world.?

I just don't get this, at all.

Religion is political these days. Especially Christianity. It is being banned, persecuted, and sued. On this forum, some people think they are being "cute" by making snide, off-hand remarks about political people they don't agree with in the vain hope that it will pass without response. It just shows their immaturity in the faith. I'm sorry to say.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, Justmemyselfandi said:

I just was wondering what people gain from bringing Politics into religion? Is there some since of justifying ourselves as political entities? Is it to try and justify anyone's political leanings by what one sees in The Bible?

What does this have to do with God and why would anyone think that God would want what he created as a way, I would think,  for Christians to support each other in the body of Christ.

I just don't understand why we as Christians need to separate ourselves for people who have the worst record of all at doing anything to benefit us as Christians and the country in general.

Is this what God envisioned what we should do as his follower? I know there are some, probably here that see the opposition political party as downright evil, but how many times have people in the party anyone affiliates towards have produced people who are so appalling that even the most partisan hack can't defend.  When this happens, does it bring out a sense of justification or does it bring up a sadness that one of Gods creations had destroied him or herself  through the debauchery and hedonism in the world.?

I just don't get this, at all.

Hi, Sorry that you "just don't get it", as you  have declared.  I ask; aren't all things political born of religion? 

Seems to me that  without religion there would be no politics, and no opposition at all to the cosmic powers that the saints in Christ are to armor up on the word of God in order that  battle may be waged against the evil one.  Faith  is combat, politics is a tool of combat.  Politics is a tactic, even a strategy, of warring against that which is evil and denying the salvation that is Jesus. 

"I have not yet begun to fight!" needs be the call to arms for Christians as each armors up on the Word of God redoubling their effort to be strong in the service to God for his Glory just as a soldier is strong. In all things political the word of God must be brought into the fray by the saints in Christ Jesus. For that is it's origin, politics is born of religion. It is a fight a real battle waged 24/7 universally. It is a battle that ask, no, demands of the saints that they go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus so that many may be found mature in the Lord. In some fashion each saint is to go into battle.

Edited by Neighbor

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Sorry that you "just don't get it", as you  have declared.  I ask; aren't all things political born of religion? 

Seems to me that  without religion there would be no politics, and no opposition at all to the cosmic powers that the saints in Christ are to armor up on the word of God in order that  battle may be waged against the evil one.  Faith  is combat, politics is a tool of combat.  Politics is a tactic, even a strategy, of warring against that which is evil and denying the salvation that is Jesus. 

"I have not yet begun to fight!" needs be the call to arms for Christians as each armors up on the Word of God redoubling their effort to be strong in the service to God for his Glory just as a soldier is strong. In all things political the word of God must be brought into the fray by the saints in Christ Jesus. For that is it's origin, politics is born of religion. It is a fight a real battle waged 24/7 universally. It is a battle that ask, no, demands of the saints that they go into all the world with the gospel of Jesus so that many may be found mature in the Lord. In some fashion each saint is to go into battle.

No politics is a thing born of the exclusive struggles of man to quote/unquote right the world around them. It has never been about religion, but man's impatience with their fellow man and sometimes his impatience with God himself.

As for me,those Christian's who immerse themselves into politics, the words of God saying "Vengeance is mine"  is lost in the vitriolic glee that comes from personally condemning those who do those things that prompted the Lord to utter that phrase to begin with.

If we are in this world but not apart of this world, what are we to gain from dabbling in it as if we desired a naughty little taste of it while we thing the Lord isn't looking.

What is it that we do in the political arena that is supposed to draw souls from the darkness of this world into the light of Jesus Christ when we are neck deep in the same quagmire that is the body politic as everyone else and are doing so while constantly claiming to stand for something that will lead others to something far better. How would you say that would look to the casual observer, who might just be open to Christianity, but can't see the difference between Christians and non-Christians because we are covered by with the same mud that the political establishment has thrown about for years.

I look at the book of ACTS and I see the early Christian church coming to fruition through the Lord inspired apostles and I praise God that Christianity took over that part of the world so quickly that it was considered the religion of a mighty empire in less than a few centuries. That was God's grace and it wasn't accomplished by politics, but the power of the Holy spirit to reach out to everyone, Rich, poor, left and right, if they had be any at that time and bring them together under the teachings of Christ Jesus. Where do you see any type of politics back then and as for politics today, do you see the Christian community any more or any less bonded together because of it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Where do you see any type of politics back then" ? 

I see the Pharisees. I see the Levites, I see  politial systems all built upon religion.

"and as for politics today, do you see the Christian community any more or any less bonded together because of it?"

Yes certainly I do.

I'm not talking about the politics of that era. I'm talking about the politics of this century and expressly of those today. I see how Christians have become involved in them and I see what it is doing within the Christian community.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

I have been concerned about the church looking to politics. Many thinking that they must vote. They believe that our government will make them better off economically. More jobs and fatter wallets. They have stopped looking to Christ and his return for comfortable Life styles. Gods word says the systems of the world are Babylon and the more we look to it the more we look to antichrist.

The disciples believed He would deliver them from Roman rule. Satan offered Him to have the whole world if he would worship him. He could have ruled the world. Jesus he had to do the will Of the Father. No political ambition. Neither did he instruct the apostles to be political. It was opportunistic and greedy bishops of Rome that sot after political authority. The beginning  of the apostate church. It is the man of sin who seeks to rule the world politically.      

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Political debates usually spark anger. Does politics and religion really not mix? No, they do not. The will of God has precedence over ever aspect of our lives. No government can prevent God's will. Politics is only a method used to accomplish His will. Political individuals are not the Savior of our world.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Christians becoming "involved" in politics is the reason America was founded in the first place.  The fact that they have become complacent and less and less involved in politics is the exact reason we are in the mess we are in today.  If the majority of the country that claims they are Christians had actually "become involved" we would not have things like legalized abortion and gay marriage in this country today.

It is a bogus theory that Christians should not be involved in politics.  One does not cut off ties with the world in the way that you repetitively claim that they should.  Paul used every single facet of the Roman political system that he could to his advantage.  Not personal advantage, or to establish some sort of theocracy, but to further the gospel.  Furthering the gospel does much, much more than just bring people to Jesus.  It makes things better for everyone.  I see people sitting up a false dichotomy here all the time, as you did in an earlier post here in this thread that Christians wish to set up a theocracy.  A small percentage might.  Not my problem.  The majority of people who are actual practicing Christians, who actually know Jesus Christ as their Savior understand that a system based on Christian values benefits everyone in that system and brings them a much higher quality of life.  For everyone, not just the saved.  Your chosen course of non-action guarantees that moral decay goes on, not only unchecked, but at an ever accelerating rate.  It may sound so forward-thinking, and more "spiritual" than the actual correct way, but it is not and just guarantees that even more pain and suffering will exist in the world as a result of laziness, a false mindset of required non-action and outright apathy.  I doubt aborted children or homosexuals in the later stages of their life that are broken physically and mentally think they enjoyed a higher quality of life.  Your way of thinking guarantees that neither group will ever know anything else.

No America was not founded For that reason. The truth of that is evident  by the idea that congress can't make any religion a state religion.

Abortions and gay marriage were legalized outside the political spectrum. They was not an act of congress, but an act of the supreme court so I don't know what you mean be your statement there. The idea of everybody who as you say claims to be a Christian can't even agree on every issue in this web site, let alone every issue in America. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

I seem to remember something about him appealing to Cearcer about something, but that was late in his ministry and If I remember right Rome is where he was gathered to God, So I don't know what you mean there, either, though I might be wrong.

Where did I say anything about setting up a Theocracy. I would like to see that if you will. I don't remember ever posting those words here or anywhere else for that matter?

My chosen path of allowing God's design of free will and letting the power of the Holy Spirit work it's magic is not non interference in this world. It is noninterference in God's designs as I am sure he knows what he is doing.  Activists Christians are those who grow impatient with the world and God's plans and overstep the limitations Christ gave us when he said that if a person does not except his words that we are to remove the dust off our sandles and walk away.

You keep on talking about this world as if we as Christians don't physically stand in the way and force people to do what God wants that everything will just fall apart. It is not our physical presence that does anything at all, because we need God  to support us and you seemed to have left him and the Holy Spirit out of the equation. I was swayed by the Holy Spirit. I was not influenced by any Christian what so ever and the only religious background I had is when My Mom drug me into the Jehovah's Witness cult that I had to run away from as well as my home to get free of.

I have very little recollection of what that cult believes, but I did get familiar with the consent of God. I read the Bible by myself while I was in the military  to find out just exactly what religion was all about outside the influence of anyone and It was The Holy Spirit that came to my aid when I fell down on my knees and gave my life to God because I knew I couldn't handle the world without him. I trust in him now and I will trust in him forever. 

You act like without Christians that god is unable to effect the outcome of humanity.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:27 PM, Yowm said:

Not sure where we are headed here but the thought that comes to mind is if Christians become apathetic towards politics it would be like the mind ignoring the needs of it's body, besides, we don't want to end up sitting in a No. Korea type concentration camp where the Gospel is strictly forbidden. Politics is just the visible manifestation of the invisible struggle that goes on behind the scenes...we should at least pray.

I've been listening to a guy called DR. Martin Lloyd Jones He has several good sermons about the Book of Acts, where he states the purpose of the Christian Church and what it is to be a Christian and he is very compelling.

The idea of evil in this world has always been the case here. It's a world that serve Satan and not God. Maybe I'm inertly wrong in this and If I am please show me scripture that tells me I'm wrong and I will repent all of this.

I have no desire to go off on my own and interrupt any of Gods plans. I just don't think politics are apart of that.