• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Well, it would be outside the created “time” as we know it. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

18 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Well, it would be outside the created “time” as we know it. 

Ok but what is it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Well, I've just looked up in Robinson's Theological Dictionary.

...an attribute of God, by which is meant infinite duration or existence, without beginning and without end...

Why?

1 hour ago, Igor Evgen said:

Well, I've just looked up in Robinson's Theological Dictionary.

...an attribute of God, by which is meant infinite duration or existence, without beginning and without end...

Why?

Because I think eternity is a state of being not an endless time. From eternity to eternity. As 3 dimensional creatures we aren't able to understand such state.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

2 hours ago, Victor Savin said:

Hi everyone,

in your conception what is eternity?

Eternity is made up of time and that time shall never cease. There is a time and season for everything done under the sun (Eccl. 3). The solar regulation causing eternal time on the Earth is eternal: "They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations . . . . His name shall endure forever: His name shall continue as long as the sun" (Ps. 72:5, 17).

I have sworn unto David my servant Thy seed I will establish for ever . . . . his throne as the days of Heaven . . . . as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon" (Ps. 89:4, 27-37); "Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars fro a light by night . . . . If these ordinances depart from me, saieth the Lord, then the seed of Israel shall also shall cease being a nation before me for ever (Jer. 31:35-36; 33:20-22).

God promised Noah that there would be day and night, summer and winter, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, forever on the Earth (Gen. 8:22). The Earth is eternal; so time made up of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years is also eternal (Eccl. 1:4; Ps. 104:5).

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Eternity is made up of time and that time shall never cease. There is a time and season for everything done under the sun (Eccl. 3). The solar regulation causing eternal time on the Earth is eternal: "They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations . . . . His name shall endure forever: His name shall continue as long as the sun" (Ps. 72:5, 17).

I have sworn unto David my servant Thy seed I will establish for ever . . . . his throne as the days of Heaven . . . . as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon" (Ps. 89:4, 27-37); "Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars fro a light by night . . . . If these ordinances depart from me, saieth the Lord, then the seed of Israel shall also shall cease being a nation before me for ever (Jer. 31:35-36; 33:20-22).

God promised Noah that there would be day and night, summer and winter, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, forever on the Earth (Gen. 8:22). The Earth is eternal; so time made up of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years is also eternal (Eccl. 1:4; Ps. 104:5).

Those verses were wrote for people understand. How could God explain celestial things with celestial words? Jesus talked about it ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Victor Savin said:

Hi everyone,

in your conception what is eternity?

Hi Victor,

Interesting question. And pleased to make your acquaintance, from Brazil. I do think you and Hazard are right. For us as the Body of Christ eternity is our being like Christ in the heavenly realms. Whereas those nations & Israel on earth will be in the dimensions of the universe with the sun and moon and seasons. However it will not be time as related to decay. Big different there.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

1 hour ago, Victor Savin said:

Those verses were wrote for people understand. How could God explain celestial things with celestial words? Jesus talked about it ;)

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, (Gen. 1:1).

When in the beginning was, remembering the Word who became flesh was also mentioned as being in the beginning, and with God, both eternal beings, "In the beginning." John 1;1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God," no one knows as its not mentioned where the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit lived before the heavens and the earth were created, "In the beginning." 

We do know is that the Father, the Word, who became flesh, and the Holy Spirit were around longer than 6000 years ago. 

9 hours ago, HAZARD said:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, (Gen. 1:1).

When in the beginning was, remembering the Word who became flesh was also mentioned as being in the beginning, and with God, both eternal beings, "In the beginning." John 1;1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God," no one knows as its not mentioned where the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit lived before the heavens and the earth were created, "In the beginning." 

We do know is that the Father, the Word, who became flesh, and the Holy Spirit were around longer than 6000 years ago. 

But it was in the beginning of our universe not God's time