• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

Hello brothers and sisters. Please can you help me to understand something, im being very confused and hurt after i watched documentary videos where young soldiers being cruely killed, tortured etc... But please dont say stuff like "only God knows, pray more, read this or that..." We know that many christians simply dont let their sons join an army, while the war is going on and other boys bravely dying in a horrible way, they- those who call themselves godloving newborn "christians" prefer to stay at home, choosing comfort, chewing their yummy chicken and only critisizing political condition, at the same time they praying with psalms and avoiding the pain! Wait...do they even know who wrote these psalms??? Who was David? ??And Who said :"im a Son of David"...? 

Here in South Korea i met some of american soldiers and when i talk to them, do i have anything to say against their opinion? Absolutely no...not at all...because i know if the bad time comes, they will be the ones who will start to ACT, action! Not just bla bla bla... Everything is mixed in my head at the moment, i feel emotional after those videos i used to cry over. I just dont understand, who told you like its a Gods wish to make you maximum stay out of any troubles when you were born a MAN ! Please try to see the difference between the cowardness and christianity.

Sorry if im being too direct now

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

What is R.E.D. Friday?

RED is an acronym that stands for Remember Everyone Deployed. R.E.D. Friday was created to remind people of our heroes overseas and show that we are thinking of them. People across the country wear red every Friday to serve as a reminder and spread the message of how important it is that we keep our troops in our thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

From my experience, the majority of mainstream evangelical Christians in the United States would either encourage military service or be honored if their child decided to join. People that are against military service have very little friends in the U.S.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 Chronicles 16:7-10Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

It was around then that Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Y’hudah and said to him, “Because you relied on the king of Aram and didn’t rely on Adonai your God, the king of Aram’s army has escaped from your power. The army of the Ethiopians and Luvim was huge, wasn’t it? How many chariots and horsemen did they have? Yet because you relied on Adonai, he handed them over to you. For the eyes of Adonai move here and there throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong on behalf of those who are wholehearted toward him. You acted foolishly in this regard; for from now on, you will have war.” 10 But Asa became angry at the seer; in fact, because of his rage at him over this matter he threw him in prison. Moreover, at the same time, he mistreated some of the people.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

----------------

Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

2 hours ago, Evgeniya said:

Hello brothers and sisters. Please can you help me to understand something, im being very confused and hurt after i watched documentary videos where young soldiers being cruely killed, tortured etc... But please dont say stuff like "only God knows, pray more, read this or that..." We know that many christians simply dont let their sons join an army, while the war is going on and other boys bravely dying in a horrible way, they- those who call themselves godloving newborn "christians" prefer to stay at home, choosing comfort, chewing their yummy chicken and only critisizing political condition, at the same time they praying with psalms and avoiding the pain! Wait...do they even know who wrote these psalms??? Who was David? ??And Who said :"im a Son of David"...? 

Here in South Korea i met some of american soldiers and when i talk to them, do i have anything to say against their opinion? Absolutely no...not at all...because i know if the bad time comes, they will be the ones who will start to ACT, action! Not just bla bla bla... Everything is mixed in my head at the moment, i feel emotional after those videos i used to cry over. I just dont understand, who told you like its a Gods wish to make you maximum stay out of any troubles when you were born a MAN ! Please try to see the difference between the cowardness and christianity.

Sorry if im being too direct now

war is not a good thing and should be avoided, but unfortunately there has also been extremism because of pride, despotism and greed, and, i am sorry to say, spiritual lawlessness that has been committed by the system of human spirituality/religiosity is at the root of the problem

Blessings

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

... "christians" prefer to stay at home, choosing comfort ...

Shalom,

Evgeniya, I'm not so sure about "comfort." When every year (against my Faith) voting agitators knock my door, I even don't care to ask what political party they belong with, just say them get out!  In case of fascism or communism coming up, such an attitude may get me to face a fire squad. Same in case of total enlisting or call up for a war.

The above Bible Verse ir right.

Igor

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I'm not sure what the problem is or what you're looking for advice on is? Are you upset because, apparently, some Christians don't want their children joining an army and fighting? Do you want your children at a great risk of dying?

War is not a good thing. It's always a last resort. It's interesting that you brought up King David, who wanted to build the Lord's temple but God said Solomon would because David had lived a life of violence.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

btw, it would be better for a man to die like a man in a good cause (of course without murdering anybody) than to live and die like a slut, but this doesn't mean murderous war between human beings and human beings is a good cause - after all, we can solve the problems quite peacefully

Blessings

Edited by ytLiJC
  • Thumbs Up 1