• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

not to be negative, but ive heard of that happeneing so i wouldnt put it past christians to abuse

Maybe counterfeit Christians but if someone is truly a child of God it will not happen.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Heleadethme said:

Ah.  Well, let's discuss this, brother.  I agree that God hates divorce......and we know that Jesus didn't say that a spouse is obligated to divorce in cases of adultery.....forgiveness and reconciliation is an option and certainly can be considered first, and often is.....because a three-fold cord is not easily broken, the marriage bond.....but is it possible that divorce in cases of adultery is a concession in cases where the offended spouse is just not able to reconcile themselves to being reconciled.....especially in cases of repeated habitual willful adultery.....God is not mocked.....and He hates adultery too and judges it.  Considering that even the marriage bed is a concession of sorts to our fallen flesh and physicality......since some become eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom, but only those who can receive it will receive it.

God wont be mocked at all.   if we sow after the flesh then we will reap CORRUPTION .

THUS follow the SPIRIT and we know IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT ,  that it points to JESUS , HIS SAYINGS.

For we are truly the servants of whom we OBEY.  whether of sin unto death or of OBEDIANCE unto Righteousness.

And now a word from days long gone by .    SO then if while she be married to another man her first husband still lives

she WILL be called an adulteress so long as that first husband lives .   And GOD is not mocked.   Paul said many times

don't you KNOW church,  the unrigheous will not enter the Kingdom.

Be not deceived its for these things the very wrath of GOD comes .    And adultery is on that list as UNRIGHTEOUS.

SPOT ON SISTER>   GOD wont be mocked.  whether or not man says so,   HE WONT BE MOCKED , we sow to the flesh and our end is death

SO we see now why the early church WAS SO DIRE and SERIOUS and did all to pull one out of error.   and fast too, doing

from the heart the very pattern for correction that the apostels taught, who first heard that pattern from ....................CHRIST HIMSELF.

divorce is not adultery,  its when the remarry that it becomes adultery.   lest it be for the reason JESUS gave or death of the spouse .

I think  our long gone sister ABIGAIL would surely show that example.   she lived with nabal , a man of BELIAL

and she don't leave him.  TILL AFTER GOD SMOTE HIM and he died.     THEN she was free to remarry and it was KING DAVID.

If a couple genuinely love each other and will keep their vows they took to each other and God seriously they will not beat up on each other or have a relationship with another person. It is those who rush into marriage and do not know each other well and do not have a relationship with God who do not respect the vows of marriage.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

40 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For we are truly the servants of whom we OBEY.  whether of sin unto death or of OBEDIANCE unto Righteousness.

Amen.   This simple truth can solve a lot of problems (actually all problems ? ) ,  when God is obeyed.

• Praise God! 1

.... like (as if) the APOSTLE Peter (obviously saved) was not guilty when Jesus rebuked him ? ......

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Maybe counterfeit Christians but if someone is truly a child of God it will not happen.

.... and there's a lot posted that would not happen, and posts that would not even be permitted let alone posted,  if everyone was truly a child of God who claims to be !  ....

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There will be problems in any marriage. Most marriages are not perfect but if a couple are true born again Christians there should not be abuse or infidelity.

Hi, But; not beating up on each other is not a mark of Christianity. People that are not Christian are not necessarily savages. They have their own sense of propriety perhaps even exceeding that  of a Christian.

I was an atheist until I was 35 years old. I never beat my wife nor my kids. I never robbed, stole, cheated, nor crossed up anyone to my  advantage. I was a moral person living  the best standard of civility I could at all times.

It is fallacious thinking to believe that only Christians can be decent to each other, just as it is fallacy to think Christians do not do mean things, often doing so in the name of our Lord.

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, But; not beating up on each other is not a mark of Christianity. People that are not Christian are not necessarily savages. They have their own sense of propriety perhaps even exceeding that  of a Christian.

I was an atheist until I was 35 years old. I never beat my wife nor my kids. I never robbed, stole, cheated, nor crossed up anyone to my  advantage. I was a moral person living  the best standard of civility I could at all times.

It is fallacious thinking to believe that only Christians can be decent to each other, just as it is fallacy to think Christians do not do mean things, often doing so in the name of our Lord.

But " a moral person" is not going to go to heaven if they do not know Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

Anybody out there have a daughter?.....I do.If my daughter was married to anybody that hit her I would go beat the crap out of him and pay for her divorce if I had to.Guess I’m just not perfect yet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

But " a moral person" is not going to go to heaven if they do not know Jesus Christ.

Hi,

That we have common understanding on! How about that!?

What  I disagree on is the thought that  there is excuse for not being  at least as moral as any thinking person, when a commitment is made, any commitment, but especially marriage. Throughout history and across cultures marriages have been arranged without so much as a single "date" between the partners to the wedding  union.  The solemn promise is just as great  between any two so joined as it is  in a union between any two people that have  dated each other for years, or have dated around for comparison.

The marriage is not a thing of personal comfort and convenience for self. It is the absolute pledge, the giving up of all the options to do otherwise than to be committed for life to one person, a mate.

The union is stronger than the process to get there. The process makes for no commitment any stronger than the one made before God to join as one. In fact; to me the dating around and for long periods of time with a person is more the process of the non believer than any believer in Christ Jesus as their Lord and savior. Those people are more committed to their own comfort and gain than they are to another, and so they have a hard time or harder time surrendering their own goals and desires to  the union the build up of something new and unique a new  and permanent for life union.

There is also for comparison the even much higher and harder calling that Paul emphasizes, that of foregoing altogether so that there are not two masters, a spouse and God. So that loyalty is never split, never an issue for struggle.

All that to conclude with the idea for consideration that marriage is not the end of young love's quest, lust is. Marriage is a much  higher  commitment than to simply limit one's lustings to a mate. Love in marriage committed to grows while lust diminishes in the longer run. 

The marriage that is golden withstands all the phases of  the unique union between a man and a woman. It isn't easy, it is worthy.