IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

Guest In Him

And this shall be a statute for ever unto you:

that in the seventh month,

on the tenth day of the month,

ye shall afflict your souls,

and do no work at all,

whether it be one of your own country,

or a stranger that sojourneth among you:

For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you,

to cleanse you,

that ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD.

It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you,

and ye shall afflict your souls,

by a statute forever.

Leviticus 16:29-31

They must afflict their souls. They must refrain from all bodily refreshments and delights, in token of inward humiliation and contrition of soul for their sins.

They all fasted on this day from food (except the sick and children), and laid aside their ornaments, and did not anoint themselves, as Daniel. David chastened his soul with fasting, Psalms 35:13.

And it signified the mortifying of sin and turning from it, loosing the bands of wickedness, Isaiah 58:6,7.

The Jewish doctors advised that they should not on that day read those portions of scripture which were proper to affect them with delight and joy, because it was a day to afflict their souls.

Matthew Henry Commentary

Guest In Him

And the priest, whom he shall anoint,

and whom he shall consecrate to minister in the priest's office in his father's stead,

shall make the atonement,

and shall put on the linen clothes,

even the holy garments:

And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary,

and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation,

and for the altar,

and he shall make an atonement for the priests,

and for all the people of the congregation.

And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you,

to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year.

And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Leviticus 16:32-34

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Leviticus 17 

The Sanctity of Blood

17 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron, to his sons, and to all the children of Israel, and say to them, ‘This is the thing which the Lord has commanded, saying: “Whatever man of the house of Israel who kills an ox or lamb or goat in the camp, or who kills it outside the camp, and does not bring it to the door of the tabernacle of meeting to offer an offering to the Lord before the tabernacle of the Lord, the guilt of bloodshed shall be imputed to that man. He has shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people, to the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices which they offer in the open field, that they may bring them to the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of meeting, to the priest, and offer them as peace offerings to the Lord

(Leviticus 17:1-5)

Edited by turtletwo
  • Praise God! 1

And the priest shall sprinkle the blood on the altar of the Lord at the door of the tabernacle of meeting, and burn the fat for a sweet aroma to the Lord. They shall no more offer their sacrifices to demons, after whom they have played the harlot. This shall be a statute forever for them throughout their generations.” ’

(Leviticus 17:6-7)

demons, v. 7. The word signifies rough or hairy goats, because it is probable that in the shape the evil spirits often appeared to them, to invite their sacrifices and to signify their acceptance of them. For the devil, ever since he became a revolter from God and a rebel against him, has set up for a rival with him, and coveted to have divine honours paid him: he had the impudence to solicit our blessed Saviour tofall down and worship him. The Israelites themselves had learned in Egypt to sacrifice to demons. And some of them, it should seem, practised it even since the God of Israel had so gloriously appeared for them, and with them. They are said to go a whoring after these demons; for it was such a breach of their covenant with God as adultery is of the marriage covenant: and they were as strongly addicted to their idolatrous worships, and as hard to be reclaimed from them, as those that have given themselves over to fornication, to work all uncleanness with greediness; and therefore it is with reference to this that God calls himself a jealous God.

• Praise God! 1

“Also you shall say to them: ‘Whatever man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who offers a burnt offering or sacrifice, and does not bring it to the door of the tabernacle of meeting, to offer it to the Lord, that man shall be cut off from among his people.

(Leviticus 17: 8-9)

• Praise God! 1

10 ‘And whatever man of the house of Israel, or * of the strangers who dwell among you, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people. 11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’ 12 Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘No one among you shall eat blood, nor shall any stranger who dwells among you eat blood.’

(Leviticus 17:10-12)

It is made binding, not only on the house of Israel, but on the strangers that sojourned among them (v. 10), which perhaps was one reason why it was thought advisable, for a time, to forbid blood to the Gentile converts, Acts. 15:29 . 3. The penalty annexed to this law is very severe (v. 10): I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, if he do it presumptuously, andwill cut him off

Note, God’s wrath will be the sinner’s ruin. Write that man undone, for ever undone, against whom God sets his face; for what creature is able to confront the Creator?  A reason is given for this law (v. 11): because it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul; and therefore it was appointed to make atonement with, because the life of the flesh is the blood. The sinner deserved to die; therefore the sacrifice must die. Now, the blood being so the life that ordinarily beasts were killed for man’s use by the drawing out of all their blood, God appointed the sprinkling or pouring out of the blood of the sacrifice upon the altar to signify that the life of the sacrifice was given to God instead of the sinner’s life, and as a ransom or counter-price for it; therefore without shedding of blood there was no remission, Heb. 9:22 . For this reason they must eat no blood, and, It was then a very good reason; for God would by this means preserve the honour of that way of atonement which he had instituted, and keep up in the minds of the people a reverent regard to it. The blood of the covenant being then a sensible object, no blood must be either eaten or trodden under foot as a common thing, as they must have no ointment nor perfume like that which God ordered them to make for himself. But, This reason is now superseded, which intimates that the law itself was ceremonial, and is now no longer in force: the blood of Christ who has come (and we are to look for no other) is that alone which makes atonement for the soul, and of which the blood of the sacrifices was an imperfect type: the coming of the substance supersedes the shadow. The blood of beasts is no longer the ransom, but Christ’s blood only

The blood then made atonement figuratively, now the blood of Christ makes atonement really and effectually; to this therefore we must have a reverent regard, and not use it as a common thing, for he will set his face against those that do so, v 10 and they shall be cut off, Heb. 10:29 .

• Praise God! 1

13 “Whatever man of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who hunts and catches any animal or bird that may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust; 

14 for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

(Leviticus 17:13-14)

They must cover the blood of that which theytook in hunting, v. 13. They must not only not eat it, but must give it a decent burial, in token of some mystery which they must believe lay hidden in this constitution.

• Praise God! 1

15 “And every person who eats what died naturally or what was torn by beasts,whether he is a native of your own country or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes and bathe in water, and be unclean until evening. Then he shall be clean. 

16 But if he does not wash them or bathe his body, then he shall bear his guilt.”

(Leviticus 17: 15-16)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Swidl and all are loved .     

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Did not Jesus dying on the cross cover all sins, except one? Unless you are a Jew, who is not a Christian, you are under the Law along with the rest of the world. It is strange for me as a follower of Christ to see so many different worshiping in different ways.

Jesus said that it is not what goes into your mouth that defiles you, but what comes out. There are many Jewish rituals and I guess if we choose to follow them as Christians, that is our choice.

I have a different understanding when it comes to worshiping. When Jesus Christ (the Christ) spoke, He told us about the New Covenant. In the Law of Moses there is no Salvation and Eternal Life for Humans, since no one can live a life without disobeying  any one of the Laws. You break one, you break them all. The Laws are based on actions, things we do. It also covers our desires of the heart- lust and greed- covetousness, which also lead to sin. The penalty for sin is death. According to the Law, we will all die in our sins.

In the new Covenant, Jesus told us about thought sins, where even thinking about killing someone is the same as actually killing them. Or entertaining inappropriate sexual thoughts about someone outside your marriage is just the same as sleeping with them... thought crimes.

We communicate with Christ Jesus on the spiritual level. Our minds are being renewed while our hearts are purified.

This may be very controversial to post, but this is a part of my testimony.

Jesus removed us from under the penalty of the Law and the Law is not abolished, it was fulfilled.

Jesus brought a New Covenant. He brought us New things, which are apart from the Law.

He told the Jews that they did not know His Father, since they disagreed with the things He spoke. He also said that no one has seen the Father except he who came from the Father.

When I became a Christian in 1979, I could not come to see the God of Israel as 'Father' since the Law did not offer the things my spirit desired.

I did not know there was a Father of those who desired to become spiritually manifest in the Light. At that time in my life, I had renounced my Catholicism.

I had only one promise I took from from Jesus and that was: ask and you shall receive. seek and you shall find and knock and it shall be opened to you.

Almighty God does not seem like the God who is the Father of the Elect- the Perfect spiritual Ones. He does not offer us a spiritual experience and Christ does. His focus is that of the Souls of Humans.

I prayed to a God whom I did not know existed, and I received a thought reply to go and find Christ Jesus. I did and He also offers us that journey to become manifest as Perfect sons of God.

My spiritual Father is The Son of Man- who is the Father of Spirits; it has always been Him, however I discovered that later on. My coming to Jesus was perhaps a bit different that most, but at that time in my life, I was lost and in a lot of inner turmoil, especially about identity and sin and guilt; and this was not physical identity, in terms of ancestry, or even finding a career, this was a spiritual identity crisis, because at that time in my life, something awoke in me, and there was only one thought in my mind always, even today, and that is: I must become manifest a spiritual being, in the Light. It must happen. It will happen, it has happened.

Some of you might think I am blaspheming, however I know my testimony is true. 'No one comes to me unless my Father sends him;, and no one comes to the Father, except through me.' Jesus said.

For me, this is a spiritual journey, and the God of the Law will judge the world and Humans in the world, according to the Law. The physical calamities we face is of the God of the Law.

Christ Jesus does not interfere with the weather and such, or with plagues on Humans. He is not the God of Vengeance, neither is The Son of Man.

All of this to say that Some have seen the Father of the Elect, and The KiNG- the WORD, and know where they belong.

It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles you, it it what comes out. M.