IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

* Please look on General Discussion Forum, Romans 5:10, created to discuss this verse quoted by @In Him.

Thank you. ☺️ 

Edited by Christine

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

He shall remove all the fat from the bull of the sin offering—all the fat that is connected to the internal organs, both kidneys with the fat on them near the loins, and the long lobe of the liver, which he will remove with the kidneys— just as the fat is removed from the ox sacrificed as a fellowship offering. Then the priest shall burn them on the altar of burnt offering"

(Leviticus 4:8-10)

• Praise God! 1

"But the hide of the bull and all its flesh, as well as the head and legs, the internal organs and the intestines—  that is, all the rest of the bull—he must take outside the camp to a place ceremonially clean, where the ashes are thrown, and burn it there in a wood fire on the ash heap."

(Leviticus 4:11-12)

According to the author of Hebrews, this particular act within the sacrifice typologically foreshadows the sacrifice of Christ “outside the camp”.

“For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the holy places by the high priest as a sacrifice for sin are burned outside the camp. So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured. For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.” (Heb. 13:11-14)

Edited by turtletwo
  • This is Worthy 1

‘If the whole Israelite community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands, even though the community is unaware of the matter, when they realize their guilt and the sin they committed becomes known, the assembly must bring a young bull as a sin offering and present it before the tent of meeting. The elders of the community are to lay their hands on the bull’s head before the Lord, and the bull shall be slaughtered before the Lord."

(Leviticus 4:13-15)

• Praise God! 1

"Then the anointed priest is to take some of the bull’s blood into the tent of meeting. He shall dip his finger into the blood and sprinkle it before the Lord seven times in front of the curtain. He is to put some of the blood on the horns of the altar that is before the Lord in the tent of meeting. The rest of the blood he shall pour out at the base of the altar of burnt offering at the entrance to the tent of meeting."

(Leviticus 4:16-18)

"He shall remove all the fat from it and burn it on the altar, and do with this bull just as he did with the bull for the sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for the community, and they will be forgiven. Then he shall take the bull outside the camp and burn it as he burned the first bull. This is the sin offering for the community."

(Leviticus 4:19-21)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Christine said:

* Please look on General Discussion Forum, Romans 5:10, created to discuss this verse quoted by @In Him.

Thank you. ☺️ 

My apologies if I upset the flow of posts, with my comment. Meant no disrespect, only to bless, as I was blessed by In Him’s post. 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

29 minutes ago, Not me said:

My apologies if I upset the flow of posts, with my comment. Meant no disrespect, only to bless, as I was blessed by In Him’s post. 

Blessings

I am sure @turtletwo, and @In Him would agree that you did not upset the flow,@Not me.  Your post was appreciated.  I started the thread in the General Discussion forum, in order to facilitate further expressions of thought regarding that verse, not because of your post, but to join you in your consideration of it.

Much love to you too.

Edited by Christine
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Christine said:

I am sure @turtletwo, and @In Him would agree that you did not upset the flow,@Not me.  Your post was appreciated.  I started the thread in the General Discussion forum, in order to facilitate further expressions of thought regarding that verse, not because of your post, but to join you in your consideration of it.

Much love to you too.

Coolness!

Blessings

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, In Him said:

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Hence, when He returns, we must be found in HIS life, and not our own. (?)

“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1