• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,571
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Exactly what I've been saying for years. The "Weapons Free Environment" signs where I used to work basically said to any potential evildoer: "Target Rich Environment."

Well yes it certainly does. I am not advocating such a thing at all. I am stating that  a person with a gun that does not have consistent schedule for competency training has no business carrying a gun. I am suggesting that there needs to be great debate over how much regulation and training there needs to be.

I live within earshot of a local range used by our police. The training requires me to listen to officers firing 4500 rounds each with  automatic rifles. It goes on for over eight hours when they do their swat team training. I appreciate that they must train or risk doing more harm than good a they go about protecting me. That gives me the idea that training might be very important. That plus Swat members telling me of the absolute need for consistency in how they carry, how they draw, how they shoot, for if they are not on the top of their skill with training every week, they will be the loser in a gun battle. The brave idea that because someone served in combat they are proficient today makes little sense to me. It seems to me  just be so much  bravado without skill to back it.

It is dangerous to be in error when it comes to guns, and so they should be regulated highly regulated. Perhaps al should be entitled to qualify  to have one, but not all will be qualified and so many should not have one.

Anyway we will not agree.I just share that I have changed my own mind, and will rather have gun ownership a privilege that requires certification of qualifications rathe r than a right without limitation. The last 17 is the final straw for me. I cannot demand my right at so high a price to others. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not what I said.  What's lame is penalzing law-abiding citizens for the actions of a few.   It's like penalizing people who drink because one person gets behind the wheel when drunk and hits an innocent person or plows into a group of people.    

In any other context, we hold the criminal, alone, as responsible for his actions, but when someone commits murder with gun, suddenly, we go after the gun manufacturers and gun owners and the NRA, as if they are responsible.   It's really crazy.   Sorry, but the lame thinking is on you, not me.

Gun ownership is already regulated.   There are already  laws on the books.   The reason this guy was able to do what he did is because the FBI fell down on their job even thought they had a ton of information on this guy.

27867657_884268795067391_6912832393922542572_n.jpg

Yep, the FBI isn't all it is cracked up to be. The qestion to ask might be, why? Is it them, or is it limitations put on them by others so that they are discouraged and or prevented from acting at all?

Well fellow saints this is all interesting, but I have to go for now. May we at least be in prayer for the victims families and friends nd for the bnation itself. May each of at least be in agreement to spend time on our knees asking God for reprieve from this awful evil spreading among us.

Please Lord no more young being shot up. May each young person get to live to become responsible adults with children of their own, and may they all come to know you as Lord God and savior. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

To all the Rambo wannabe's and those that think they have some special claim  to expertise because they  were once  in combat, I ask  are you up to date and proficient  with the weapons you ow

For some reason, you are more concerned about armed citizens, you know, the wannabes and combat veterans as you call them, that they are the problem, or potential problem. If you don't already know, they are already out there, a bunch of them, maybe your pastor, or the one sitting next to you in church. The next door neighbor, your mechanic or a friend of yours carrying that you don't know about, or that old geezer at the repair shop. When us guys in church years back decided to get more organized and have a meeting for gun owners responsibilities within the church, I was amazed at the people that showed up  with a concealed gun permit, and how many. They did not advertise. They're all over out there, quiet responsible citizens, not wanting any visibility, but exercising their right to possess a firearm.  As it should be.

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The last 17 is the final straw for me. I cannot demand my right at so high a price to others. 

So be it. So, just what will you actually do.

As an aside, some of the most highly trained and retrained gun owners, the military, had, in WWII, Korean war, Viet Nam war, a two percent "Friendly Fire" or fratricide death rate. Accidental killing your own men. In the Gulf war, it was a staggering twenty four percent! That's right at one in four deaths due to someones error. Rules or regulations could not have prevented those deaths. Sometimes "stuff happens" in the heat of battle.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is coming back with armies of heaven. He will destroy the wicked. He is not a pacifist. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

[for me anyway] it is a matter of trust, and either we shall trust God or we will not trust Him: and it is the end result that shall determine it, and not what we say to justify ourselves in things made with hands.

As for me, I will follow the example which the Lord Jesus Christ made concerning whether He would arm and defend Himself or not: but He chose to trust in His Father instead.

"Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:53)

...but He didn't do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Yep, the FBI isn't all it is cracked up to be. The qestion to ask might be, why? Is it them, or is it limitations put on them by others so that they are discouraged and or prevented from acting at all?

No limitations have been placed on them. It is incompetence and several of them should be fired and replaced.

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No limitations have been placed on them. It is incompetence and several of them should be fired and replaced.

I  suggest that all individuals do have limitations placed upon them, and that is often  very counterproductive to their fullest and best service to law and order, and even  simple control of a classroom in a public school.

There are perhaps dozens of reasons for discouragement and confusion by any  teacher, principal, administrator, police officer, 911 operator, and whoever  is asked as well as told to respond to situations that may become crisis threatening well being of individuals and especially minor students. 

One very bizarre example is the idea of "safe zones" where one is to be safe from opinion other than their own at schools. How does a police officer comply with the edict of a school that insists it's students have safe zones where only their opinion is tolerated? Will not such concern affect how an officer responds to a problem in such a "safe" zone?  

What is needed  first is the bowing before God and the pleading for this to stop. The asking of God to show us how to stop this chaos from  being brought upon us.

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

As a matter of fact, I am very proficient with the weapons I have at my disposal: in fact, I use my brain, common sense and perception daily, and they help immensely. It's too bad some folks don't do likewise, especially when they reply to topics such as this and insist that inanimate objects are the problem.

On that note: if you really want to cut down on the number of psychos and maniacs pulling these murders, then here's some advice from a professional:

mass shootings.jpg

Maybe instead of penalizing citizens, it's time we stop incentivizing murder and celebrating blood-lust.

There is lots gone wrong for sure, but  "See nothing , say nothing". Really?

Guest shiloh357
16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I  suggest that all individuals do have limitations placed upon them, and that is often  very counterproductive to their fullest and best service to law and order, and even  simple control of a classroom in a public school.

They have no limitations placed on them as it regards the discharge of their sworn duties in the FBI.   It is gross incompetence that lets these killers slip through.

There are perhaps dozens of reasons for discouragement and confusion by any  teacher, principal, administrator, police officer, 911 operator, and whoever  is asked as well as told to respond to situations that may become crisis threatening well being of individuals and especially minor students. 

We are talking about the FBI, not everyone else.