• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I think you posted a day or two ago that you don't get out much. 

He is not , by far, the only person.

Many Ekklesia around the world believe God's Word is truth.   (instead of man's ideas or even lies or traditions)

Many more in society (opposed to Jesus, remember the world is still lost) see nothing in God's Word, do not seek Him, and do not care what God's Word says.

So it is no surprise if all the people in life we encounter opposed God's Word - this is what is written .

"as in the days of NOAH"  when only 8 people did not oppose God's Word....

It seems such a strange thing. But I cant help what other people are going to think about me. As there are so many people who think so many things. I would drive myself insane if I tried to please everyone around me with how I look and what I wear. A church some family members of mine attended felt that wearing red lipstick was wrong. You could wear any other color except for red for some reason. I guess they thought women in red lipstick must mean they were unsaved or bad or something. I don't know? The Amish think that all of us living in the modern world are not walking right with God. Should I become Amish then? No. My concern is what God knows about me. Not if I am looking Holy enough to others. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It seems such a strange thing. But I cant help what other people are going to think about me.

What God says and does is what is important.  What other people think (except trustworthy ekklesia in the body) ought not even be considered when obeying God.

• This is Worthy 1

19 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I would drive myself insane if I tried to please everyone around me with how I look and what I wear.

Likewise for all of us.   Side note: remember Lot was driven almost insane by all the wickedness around him. 

So also we would be driven insane by all the wickedness around us

if it were not for God's Grace in Jesus sustaining and saving and upholding us as our strength !

• Praise God! 1

21 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

A church some family members of mine attended felt that wearing red lipstick was wrong. You could wear any other color except for red for some reason. I guess they thought women in red lipstick must mean they were unsaved or bad or something. I don't know?

In San Farncisco :) many years ago I saw oriental business men in the lobby of a huge (20 story?) expensive hotel go all together as one man to the call girls in the lobby and tell them to leave and not come back and not bother the men with their prostitution at all.

In some places likewise red lipstick is most often seen as associated with similar sinful behaviour - and in order to avoid the appearance of being sinful,  it looks like the church you refer to does what they can by banning red lipstick.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

There is a church in my town and all the women who  go there wear their hair really long and wear these long long skirts. All I ever think about them when I see them  is  not that they must be Holy.  As I know nothing from their outward dress about how right they are with God.  But that they most likely go to  that church.  It is only after I talk to them and get to know them, and some I have. That I consider rather or not they are followers of Christ. 

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

The Amish think that all of us living in the modern world are not walking right with God.

They may think that,  and it is true of most,  not "all".   This is written clearly in Scripture.

Should I become Amish then?

No.  Not unless the Shepherd Jesus directs you that way.   Being Amish is no guarantee, any more than being Lutheran or Baptist or Methodist or other is a guarantee .

My concern is what God knows about me. Not if I am looking Holy enough to others. 

God says be holy, because He is holy.  NOT LOOK HOLY for others. 

Be holy.  And He then (already) has provided the way through JESUS to be holy, all the time, every day,

totally in line with and perfect harmony with all of His Word.  (which includes giving up what He says to give up , btw -- things that HE SAYS are not holy)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Actually Butero, it was the in the mid sixties when men's hair and loud music got loud and long, and I had had enough of the establishment telling me what to do and what was needed of me, having just come home from two tours in the Nam, witnessing what was brought about by our wise powerful elected officials, that I decided to never trust anyone telling me what I needed to do, ever again. It was after I met my wife in the seventies, then the Lord came into my life, and that is when I regained trust. There are many on this forum I could never trust who are always telling us what we have to do, but there are also some I do trust by what I see them actually do, or not do, their witness.. A Nazarite, as "I" understand it, took a vow to set himself apart, to consecrate himself to God. When God saved me, "HE" set me apart, He consecrated me for Himself, no longer "I", but Christ in me. No longer a whitewashed sepulcher, OUTWARD APPEARANCE, but;
He chose me
I have been crucified with Christ.
a new creation
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me
born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable
no condemnation
in him I might become the righteousness of God.
Now a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control
a friend of my Savior
In Christ, I have overcome the world
I can do all things through Him
Joined to the Lord I become one spirit with him
I'm seated in the heavenlies
Blessed in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places

I am fearfully and wonderfully made
He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ..........Amen!!!?

No, I didn't shave my head. But God circumcised my heart.
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

saint; the Greek "ἅγιος" (hagios), which derives from the verb ἁγιάζω (hagiazo), which means "to set apart", "to sanctify", or "to make holy".

"Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word נזיר nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated"

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Thank you Gary.  This answer is perfect to make a point.  Long hair on a man and short hair on a woman is a sign of rebellion against one's head.  Look at what you just said.  You had just come home from Vietnam, and one way to show your distrust of authorities was to let your hair grow long.  That is also the way many others did the same thing.  It was a rebellion against "our wise powerful elected officials."  

When men have long hair, it is a sign they are not under anyone's control.  They are making up their own mind.  When women have short hair, it is a sign they are not following God's order to obey their husband or Christ.  I don't know that the average person realizes the symbolism, but that is what it means.  It is not the rebellion itself, but an outward manifestation of rebellion.  Rebellion itself is as the sin of witchcraft, and that will send a person to hell, but this sign is telling the world   If a person wishes to be contentious and doesn't care about the message they are sending, and how it is bringing shame to their Lord, they won't go to hell for it, but I don't want to send that message.  

The purpose of my response wasn't to provide you an opportunity to get back in the pulpit.
Shouldn't make assumptions. My hair got longer, about like Pa Ingles on Little House on the Prairie, but no longer a burr cut. Was hoping you would pick up on my explanation of my lose of trust in authorities, AND OTHERS, due to experiences of youth. I suppose you are correct in the fact that most youth do rebel to some extent in most generations, it's part of the rite of growing our OWN wings and leaving the nest. I simply was anxious to be on my own, making my own decisions, trying to decide my vocation, where I lived, my friends, growing up, etc. Assuming any male with long hair is rebellious, contentious, bringing shame on the Lord is a stretch. The Nazirites, Samson, would not appreciate that, nor would a Godly friend at church whose long hair hides his childhood scars from burns. I personally do not like to see my grandsons with longer hair than when my generation wore crew cuts. Don't think rebellion even enters his mind. And what's more important, I'm praising God they're saved. (Long hair or not)
Did you even look at the rest of what I posted, how in Christ I learned to trust again, how as I matured in Christ I realized how much more important it was to have a pure heart inside, and not a perfect acceptable approved outward appearance? I can read scripture. There were some long hairs, special people of God. Most sins committed are due to the dirty inside, not clothes and hair length. You might want to zero in on the intent of the heart, and quit assuming people with hair longer than you approve are rebelling in the sin of witchcraft, contentious and shaming our Lord. Long hair and short dresses are not the big problem in most churches today, I think.  It's what goes on in your head, your heart.

zeal;  great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective............:)... null
zealot;  a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.......:(

No, I didn't shave my head. But God circumcised my heart.
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

There is a church in my town and all the women who  go there wear their hair really long and wear these long long skirts. All I ever think about them when I see them  is  not that they must be Holy.  As I know nothing from their outward dress about how right they are with God.  But that they most likely go to  that church.  It is only after I talk to them and get to know them, and some I have. That I consider rather or not they are followers of Christ. 

Yes,  observe and pray and be always seeking Jesus in all things - always seeking YHVH'S Way, YHVH'S KINGDOM every day in all ways.

Many groups have an appearance as you mention.   From only their appearance you might not know anything.

From the testimony of their lives and their words,  YHVH may reveal the truth if He reveals the truth to you.

The testimony of Jesus and the blood of the LAMB is how the ekklesia overcome , as written in Revelation.

Long long skirts are a part of the testimony of Jesus in ekklesia in many countries including the usa, though more rare in the usa.

Their hair really long if it is for show is a testimony of something else.  (note important: "IF it is for show" )

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Seriously. Do you look at a women with short hair and declare them to be in disobedience to their husband? Frankly my husband dose not care if I cut my hair short or if I wear it long. Also I am not sure what Bible verse you get that from? As I have not come across anything saying that a women is disobeying her husband by having short hair. 

But if that is how you want to see people I guess that is on you. 

I said it is an outward sign of rebellion, not actual rebellion.  If it was actual rebellion, that would be as the sin of witchcraft, and would send the offenders to hell.  

"For every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishounoreth her head."  1 Corinthians 11:5

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.  1 Corinthians 11:3

It doesn't matter if your husband cares how long your hair is.  The Bible says if you have short hair, you dishonor him.  

Guest Butero
7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

You are the only person I have ever heard who thinks this way. No one else I know of looks upon a women with short hair and considers her to be bring shame on the Lord.  If that is the message you are getting when you see a women with short hair, I think you are misunderstanding the message. :wacko:

That is what it says, and I do know others that see it the same way I do.  It is not that complicated.

"But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."  1 Corinthians 11:3

"Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head."  1 Corinthians 11:4  According to verse 3, his head is Christ.  

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head covered dishonoureth her head..."  1 Corinthians 11:5  According to verse 3, her head is "the man," which means her husband.  He is her immediate head, and Christ is over them both.  

According to 1 Corinthians 11:15, the woman's long hair is her covering.  "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her:  for her hair is given her for a covering."  

It is all right there Lady Kay.