IGNORED

1 Corinthians 11:15 (long haired women)

MMAlex

Guest Butero
30 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Continuing on after my morning read of Genesis; I now wonder if cain's offering might have displeased God because of his hair length. Was perhaps  his hair too long while Abel shavedsomehow and trimmed up his hair before making his own offering? Hmm, maybe my own offerings if and when given at the local body of Christ should be done with  a clean shave and crewcut. Now I wonder about my attire too- where does it all end?

Again, this is a New Testament teaching, so no figure in the Old Testament is relevant.  Making fun of a Bible teaching to me is a form of blasphemy, because we are not talking about jokes about individuals and their beliefs, but we are talking about making fun of God's Word, which states it is a shame for a man to have long hair.  We know why Cain's offering was not acceptable.  It had to be a blood sacrifice to be accepted.  

I have a sense of humor, but not when it comes to making fun of things taught in the Bible.  

Guest Butero
5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

And whoever chooses to serve YHVH (God) ,  obeys Him, and loves His Word, from the heart outward, 

with a perfect conscience, cleansed by the blood, a new creation the world cannot comprehend.

I am clearly not talking about you, but this is just an observation concerning certain individuals.  I believe it grieves the heart of God when professing Christians make fun of God's Word.  There was a false teacher that used to be on television that used to make fun of the story of Balaam's donkey.  He sounded like a comedian more than a Bible teacher.  People have no fear of God in this generation.  I have too much reverence for the Bible to make jokes about following what is written.  To each his own.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Perhaps the thread is so deep into the subject that  the passages from which the whole conversation stems  might be repeated or posted for consideration, thinking and even prayer.

1 Corinthians 11 English Standard Version (ESV)

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.+

(Head Coverings)

Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.  Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.  For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.  Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.  That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman;  for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.  Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered?  Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,  but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.  If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God."

Is this Paul writing to the church at Corinth?

Why must he mention men with head coverings as they pray?

Why must he mention women of short hair praying without a head covering?

Is Paul not writing of a woman that if she  will not cover her head then she should  cut or shave it? Why?

Isn't it an impossibility for her to be a man? Isn't that the point?

She is not a man to be uncovered and short of hair, proud to be In God's image at prayer. So perhaps it is being stated that if she does have short hair she should be covered as she prays at corporate worship.

If so, then some women at corporate worship women must have had short hair. Otherwise he would not have written cover it, when praying and given the reason why. Might have even been rather common to have short hair.

A woman ought to have a cover over her head. Judge for yourselves he writes; adding reference as to nature's teaching. It seems to me that the female generally has the longer mane, the fuller feathers, the greatest color.

If a woman has short hair it is evidently acceptable per Paul's instruction and guidance to  cover with a head covering to show  a symbol of her respect for the order of God's choosing.

Plus Paul shares reminder that  man is born of woman. So he too is  of  a standing to be humble  and not so puffed up proud of himself.  

And all are under God anyway.

Guest Butero
6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps the thread is so deep into the subject that  the passages from which the whole conversation stems  might be repeated or posted for consideration, thinking and even prayer.

1 Corinthians 11 English Standard Version (ESV)

"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.+

(Head Coverings)

Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.  Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.  For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman, but woman from man.  Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.  That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman;  for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.  Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered?  Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,  but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.  If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God."

Is this Paul writing to the church at Corinth?

Why must he mention men with head coverings as they pray?

Why must he mention women of short hair praying without a head covering?

Is Paul not writing of a woman that if she  will not cover her head then she should  cut or shave it? Why?

Isn't it an impossibility for her to be a man? Isn't that the point?

She is not a man to be uncovered and short of hair, proud to be In God's image at prayer. So perhaps it is being stated that if she does have short hair she should be covered as she prays at corporate worship.

If so, then some women at corporate worship women must have had short hair. Otherwise he would not have written cover it, when praying and given the reason why. Might have even been rather common to have short hair.

A woman ought to have a cover over her head. Judge for yourselves he writes; adding reference as to nature's teaching. It seems to me that the female generally has the longer mane, the fuller feathers, the greatest color.

If a woman has short hair it is evidently acceptable per Paul's instruction and guidance to  cover with a head covering to show  a symbol of her respect for the order of God's choosing.

Plus Paul shares reminder that  man is born of woman. So he too is  of  a standing to be humble  and not so puffed up proud of himself.  

And all are under God anyway.

The passage never speaks of a head covering like a veil.  It says her hair is her covering.  It never says it is acceptable for her to have short hair.  It is a shame.  He isn't speaking of men with head coverings.  He is speaking of men with long hair.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/5/2018 at 9:22 AM, Neighbor said:

Continuing on after my morning read of Genesis; I now wonder if cain's offering might have displeased God because of his hair length. Was perhaps  his hair too long while Abel shavedsomehow and trimmed up his hair before making his own offering? Hmm, maybe my own offerings if and when given at the local body of Christ should be done with  a clean shave and crewcut. Now I wonder about my attire too- where does it all end?

No. What offended God was that Cain didnt offer an animal sacrifice. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

31 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Hi,

I disagree with  that conclusion, but won't be entering into  that lengthy discussion, lacking time to do so, other than to give a few short comments  that anyone  interested  may counter or just use as reason for their own reading and studies. And, let each that might be interested do their own research reach their own conclusions.  

There are grain offerings within the Bible ( Leviticus), Plus in some English transliterations of the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic languages the word meat is not always meaning animal meat, as I might think of the word being used, but instead it is a word meaning food.

That which is historically accepted by God is that which comes to Him of faith of the presenter. That which  is given in faith is acceptable, that given by way of one's own wisdom and judgement is rejected. Has little to do with whether a sacrifice was a blood sacrifice or any other kind. Even the blood sacrifices for purposes of covering of sin's price, ( A rental so to speak until the full price paid by Jesus ) under various dispensations had to be given in the manner described with faith. it is faith that is the key, without faith the sacrifice though there has no value.

One can do all the works of faith, make sacrifices of all kinds and every kind, but not be found acceptable to God. Faith lives by works but works does not equal faith anymore than faith equals works. It is not animal meat burning that saves, it is faith in the sacrifice made by God alone.

The sweet aroma to God's nostrils(IMO) comes not from any burning of animal meat, it come  from the faith being exhibited in the manner of  the burn.

Anyway let each reach their own conclusion  from reading the one truth, the Bible. All else is just so much chatter anyway. Fun, but just chatter. Let God the Holy Spirit guide as one reads prays and thinks.

Augh, now I am behind schedule. Got to cut way back on these fun little side trips from the days tasks.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

45 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

See what Scripture says about this directly.  Obviously it wasn't his hair length , or Samson would not have been so much blessed by YHVH with his long hair.

I don't think YHVH challenged Cain because it wasn't an animal sacrifice (although perhaps is is possible?) ,

but because it was not THE BEST HE HAD,  and/ not THE FIRST PART (which belongs to YHVH).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I wasn't going to post anymore on this topic but I just have a question. I won't debate your answer I just want to know how people think. So here goes.

For those of you on here who believe that the Bible is forbidding women to have short hair.(or shameful for them to do so) And forbidding or shameful for a man to have long hair.  

What do you think when we see a women with short hair and proclaims to be a  Christian? Maybe she teaches Sunday School?   Or what if a man with long hair is a pastor?  Would you think that they are in rebellion against God because of how long or how short their hair is? Say you know nothing more about them. Just that the women is a Sunday School teacher and has short hair and the man is a pastor with long hair. Would you look at them and think that their just not right with God because of their hair?

Again I am just wondering how people think about such things. I will not argue with you or debate your answer.  :)

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

What do you think when we see a women with short hair and proclaims to be a  Christian? Maybe she teaches Sunday School?   Or what if a man with long hair is a pastor?  Would you think that they are in rebellion against God because of how long or how short their hair is? Say you know nothing more about them. Just that the women is a Sunday School teacher and has short hair and the man is a pastor with long hair. Would you look at them and think that their just not right with God?   

Again I am just wondering how people think about such things. I will not argue with you or debate your answer. 

I think you are aware that YHVH and HIS WORD says never to judge by appearances. 

In fact, more than that - never judge by what the eye can see or the ear can hear. (temporal things).

Not by those things visible,  BUT INVISIBLE.

To judge with righteous judgment requires as JESUS SAYS,  very rare(?) (as YHVH knows), to have the same judgment the FATHER CREATOR HAS .

5 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Just that the women is a Sunday School teacher and has short hair and the man is a pastor with long hair. Would you look at them and think that their just not right with God?   

Don't think one way or another until they are tested and proven one way or another.  (don't assume right or wrong)

Remember most in the world are wrong,  not just a little wrong, but very wrong (on the wrong side).