• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

15 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

keeping the hair 'right' perfectly,  and the covering,   outwardly "right",

but with inward rebellion and disobedience,

Obedience comes from within, and is soon reflected outwardly.

We just do not judge others based on appearance, but on fruits.

"You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit." - Matthew 7:16-17

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Women of YHVH do not let men see their hair (at least married women do not, from what I have been able to find out),

So I should look like this?

Women-Islam-Muslim-Head-Covering-Abaya-Scarf-Caps-Fashion-Chiffon-Inner-Hijabs.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Outwardly,  wonderful !   Let the inside be as beautiful and more also ! (so the testimony is true and not just a put on)

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Jayne said:

How long is long?  To the shoulder?  To the back?  To the thigh?  Where is the cut-off point - pun intended  - that makes a woman in rebellion against God because of her hair?

And if a woman came to your church with an unacceptable hair length, would she have to get up in the pulpit and explain that it's growing back from a bout with chemo or should she just abstain from going to church until it is "long" enough?

It's already been said - God knows our  hearts.  What hasn't been said it the context of the passage.  This isn't a mandate for women to  never cut their hair.  I know some of these women who refuse to cut their hair because they think short hair, even to the shoulders, is in rebellion against God, but yet they pile it all on top of their heads or put it in a bun and one cannot SEE the length of their hair.  And it - being piled up - is shorter than women with short hair.

What's the point?

Do long-haired women have to wear it down all of the time for everyone to SEE the length of it?

This is yet another problem in the church today.  Rather than just accepting what scripture says, people literally try to find ways to make out like nobody can follow the Bible because of this reason or that reason.  In this case, not knowing what long is.  If I was describing a woman in a police lineup, everyone would know what I mean if I say she has long hair, just as they would understand shoulder length hair and short hair.  It is the same as the difference between hot, lukewarm and cold.  We know the difference.  

The Bible doesn't say women can never cut their hair.  I don't think anyone here made that claim.  Piling hair in a bun doesn't suddenly make the hair short.  It is just a particular style of long hair.  It is a shame for women to have short hair and men to have long hair.  That is what the Bible says.  

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

How long is long?  To the shoulder?  To the back?  To the thigh?  Where is the cut-off point - pun intended  - that makes a woman in rebellion against God because of her hair?

I was wondering that myself. As my hair use to be down to my wast. Then I cut it and now it is down just below my shoulders. I know in the Amish if a women cuts her hair she will be shun until it grows back. Anyway it will be interesting to see what the answer is to your question. 

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

So I should look like this?

Women-Islam-Muslim-Head-Covering-Abaya-Scarf-Caps-Fashion-Chiffon-Inner-Hijabs.jpg_640x640.jpg

That image doesn't show the length of that woman's hair.  Remember once again that the passage says the woman's hair is given for a covering.

Just now, Davida said:

Should you become a Muslim???   

And become inwardly putrid !? 

1 minute ago, Butero said:

Remember once again that the passage says the woman's hair is given for a covering.

Remember this may be mis-construed.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

Should you become a Muslim???   

Well Simplejeff said women are not to show their hair so is this what he meant? :noidea:

• This is Worthy 1

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

I was wondering that myself. As my hair use to be down to my wast. Then I cut it and now it is down just below my shoulders. I know in the Amish if a women cuts her hair she will be shun until it grows back. Anyway it will be interesting to see what the answer is to your question. 

I just answered it LadyKay.  If you are describing a person, and you say that person has long hair, shoulder length hair, or short hair, everyone knows what that means.  When someone is trying to justify disobedience to scripture, they often times try to claim following it is impossible for this reason or that reason.  If your hair is just below your shoulders, you have shoulder length hair.  It is not long or short.  Simple.