IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:03 AM, simplejeff said:

How many Scriptures say this or similar :  be found by HIM, without spot or blemish , and at peace. (with Him and others)

How do His followers, believers immersed in Jesus' Name,  become "without spot or blemish"  ?  (holy,  sanctified, blameless)

Keep thyself unspotted from the world .

HOW do his followers remain wihout blemish and SPOT ,   well they follow and OBEY the ONE WHO IS WIHTOUT SPOT OR BLEMISH .

THEY OBEY , THEY Hear , they DO what HE , THE SPIRIT unctions them TO DO.    They work out that salvation with fear and trembling , aka   OBEY THE SPIRIT  , not the flesh.

PRAISE THE LORD JEFFREY , PRAISE THE LORD on HIGH .   HE alone has given unto HIS OWN power over the darkness as they walk IN THE LIGHT as HE IS IN THE LIGHT

they do righteous deeds and are righteous as HE is righteous .  and all is based on one work, the BELEIVE in the ONE WHOM GOD DID SEND

and they will hear no strangers voice which bids them to make a way around HIS SAYINGS .  they flee men of belial who do and teach such things .

NO lamb of HIS ,   desires the things of this world , THEY have THE LOVE SHED OF GOD HIMSELF on their hearts and that Love , rejoices IN TRUTH only , not inquity

that love , LOVES CHRIST above all .  THAT LOVE PUTS HIM , HIS SAYINGS number ONE on the HEART and they are the greatest JOY to obey .   

So few know what I speak of and that is tragedy .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

NO lamb of HIS ,   desires the things of this world

Exactly.

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." - Colossians 3:2

"Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am,
    that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." - John 17:24

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

...Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith... ( 1 Timothy 1:18, 19)

• Praise God! 1

Apostasy kills like hypothermia, not like a gunshot.  A warm, sleepy Christian who is comfortable in his or her apostasy is practically impossible to restore to zeal and righteousness---spiritually numb beyond the point of being able to care.

Be careful whom you choose to serve: The Lord, or your own desires---for the one you make a habit of choosing is the one whom you will love and to whom you will be loyal; and be careful that your Christian works are not fig-leaves for spiritual nakedness, or wood, hay, and stubble.

Spiritual laziness and unholy compromise will give you an easier and more pleasurable life in this world, while draining your life away.

"I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Remember then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you." (Revelation 3:1-3)

"For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

...Those whom I love I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent." (Revelation 3:17,19)

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world---the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions---is not from the Father but is from the world. 

And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. (1 John 2:15-17)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/8/2018 at 9:03 PM, simplejeff said:

How many Scriptures say this or similar :  be found by HIM, without spot or blemish , and at peace. (with Him and others)

How do His followers, believers immersed in Jesus' Name,  become "without spot or blemish"  ?  (holy,  sanctified, blameless)

1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3  For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
4  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
9  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13  Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15  Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17  Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Thumbs Up 3

WHAT MAKES A WOMAN BEAUTIFUL 

What makes a woman beautiful

is not a pretty face,

but a heart that---

by beholding---

reflects Jesus by God's grace;

Not painted eyes

or ruby lips,

but eyes that look to Christ,

and lips that speak discreetly,

with virtuous advice;

Not jewelry to decorate

or clothing to display,

but modesty that shows the light,

eclipsing not its rays;

Not dominance or selfishness,

but grace to yield and serve---

giving others what they need,

and not what they deserve...

To be a loving mother,

and a submissive wife,

devoted daughter---

or to live a pious single life;

To hold the tongue with self-control

and not to give it rein

to gossip, quarrel, or have its say

when wisdom would refrain;

Caring not what others think

about her "foolish" ways,

but only what her Master knows,

and that she has His praise.

:heart:

"...For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." (1 SAMUEL 16:7)

"...For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God." (LUKE 16:15)

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (PROVERBS 31:30)

• Praise God! 1

26 minutes ago, brakelite said:

1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3  For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
4  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6  Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7  Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8  Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
9  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11  Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13  Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15  Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17  Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

(Remembering to be doers of the word and not hearers only.)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

WHAT MAKES A WOMAN BEAUTIFUL 

What makes a woman beautiful

is not a pretty face,

but a heart that---

by beholding---

reflects Jesus by God's grace;

Not painted eyes

or ruby lips,

but eyes that look to Christ,

and lips that speak discreetly,

with virtuous advice;

Not jewelry to decorate

or clothing to display,

but modesty that shows the light,

eclipsing not its rays;

Not dominance or selfishness,

but grace to yield and serve---

giving others what they need,

and not what they deserve...

To be a loving mother,

and a submissive wife,

devoted daughter---

or to live a pious single life;

To hold the tongue with self-control

and not to give it rein

to gossip, quarrel, or have its say

when wisdom would refrain;

Caring not what others think

about her "foolish" ways,

but only what her Master knows,

and that she has His praise.

:heart:

"...For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." (1 SAMUEL 16:7)

"...For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God." (LUKE 16:15)

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. (PROVERBS 31:30)

Remember, sisters (and brothers):

• The spirit behind feminism is the same spirit who deceived and murdered the first woman. (Keyword here: DECEIVED.)
  • God loves women. Satan hates them.
  • Grace, not feminism, is the empowerment of a Christian woman.
  • The "wisdom" of the world is folly with God. The Creator's order and way is the only order and way that pleases Him, and the order and way that is best for His creation. Believe your God, trust His wisdom, and prove it for yourself.

(And yes, I am a woman. Not that this would be any less true, wise or authoritative if a man had written it, but it would probably be less well received.)

Submit yourselves, therefore, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world---our faith.

Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? (1 John 5:4,5)

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Praise God! 1

Why don't Christians stand out from the world anymore?

1. They've adopted and been influenced by the world's ways and attitudes, and are not living according to all of the teachings of the New Testament, or keeping in step with the Holy Spirit as they should be

2. The occupation of the Church has shifted from saving and sanctifying people to pleasing and entertaining people, and its focus from Christ and the world to come to having personal comfort and pleasure in the present world

3. The "pastors" don't preach or insist upon the teachings of Christianity that are unpalatable to the sinful nature or "incompatible" with contemporary secular lifestyles and attitudes

Brothers and sisters, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is here: You're in the midst of it. And if you don't realize this, you're probably a part of it.

The way things should be:

"They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world." (John 17:16-18 ESV)

The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. (1 John 3:1 ESV)

Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
...When anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible...
(Ephesians 5:8-11, 13 ESV)

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."

(Matthew 5:14-16 ESV)

Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.
The time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry. With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you...

(1 Peter 4:1-4 ESV)

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in Him but also suffer for His sake... (Philippians 1:29 ESV)

We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then, let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

(2 Thessalonians 5:5,6 ESV)

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2 ESV)

Know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20 KJV)

...Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved. Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33. 11:1 ESV)

No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. (2 Timothy 2:4 ESV)

...Women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess Godliness---with good works. (1 Timothy 2:9,10 ESV)

The way things ARE:

...Lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. (2 Timothy 3:2-5 ESV)

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4 ESV)

You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections. (2 Corinthians 6:12 ESV)

...People will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (2 Timothy 4:3,4 ESV)

Be sure that you're not receiving the grace of God in vain, and that your Godliness is true Godliness---based on the word of God and faith, and coming from His Spirit---and not a facade.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Why don't Christians stand out from the world anymore?

1. They've adopted and been influenced by the world's ways and attitudes, and are not living according to all of the teachings of the New Testament, or keeping in step with the Holy Spirit as they should be

2. The occupation of the Church has shifted from saving and sanctifying people to pleasing and entertaining people, and its focus from Christ and the world to come to having personal comfort and pleasure in the present world

3. The "pastors" don't preach or insist upon the teachings of Christianity that are unpalatable to the sinful nature or "incompatible" with contemporary secular lifestyles and attitudes

Brothers and sisters, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is here: You're in the midst of it. And if you don't realize this, you're probably a part of it.

The way things should be:

"They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world." (John 17:16-18 ESV)

The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. (1 John 3:1 ESV)

Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
...When anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible...
(Ephesians 5:8-11, 13 ESV)

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."

(Matthew 5:14-16 ESV)

Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live for the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for human passions but for the will of God.
The time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry. With respect to this they are surprised when you do not join them in the same flood of debauchery, and they malign you...

(1 Peter 4:1-4 ESV)

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in Him but also suffer for His sake... (Philippians 1:29 ESV)

We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then, let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

(2 Thessalonians 5:5,6 ESV)

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2 ESV)

Know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20 KJV)

...Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved. Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33. 11:1 ESV)

No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. (2 Timothy 2:4 ESV)

...Women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess Godliness---with good works. (1 Timothy 2:9,10 ESV)

The way things ARE:

...Lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. (2 Timothy 3:2-5 ESV)

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4 ESV)

You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections. (2 Corinthians 6:12 ESV)

...People will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (2 Timothy 4:3,4 ESV)

Be sure that you're not receiving the grace of God in vain, and that your Godliness is true Godliness---based on the word of God and faith, and coming from His Spirit---and not a facade.

Praise the Lord , after reading through some of what most have been saying and being left just empty

I came here and found such beauty and exhortation of the truth.    My spirit is rejoicing yet again .     Rejoice in the Truth.  that is a sign of Charity.  Charity rejoices IN TRUTH

not cares and pleasures in life , not inquity , but TRUTH.    Sing it sister and may to sound out for all to hear .

Arise and let us praise the Lord ,  oh yes lets praise the Lord .

• Praise God! 2