IGNORED

Space Force - coming to a Recruiting Station soon?

OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I listened to Trump speak today and he mentioned a new force, Space Force.  He proclaimed the US is going to be doing much more in space, heading to Mars, and needs to create a Space Force instead of pulling from all other forces.   Though I don't believe he will have enough time to get this too far off the ground, the thought is still distracting from the real future we are facing.

On the other hand, being a Sci-Fi fan, it is fun to think of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Interesting, I didn't hear that yet. Where did you hear it? My only problem with it is the money it will cost. I've heard several private companies are talking about a Moon Base or on Mars. I would think Mars is better assuming the probes we sent have found minerals or something of value.

I saw an old movie 1 night that depicted an asteroid headed for earth. It turned out that both us and Russia had secretly put about 20 nuclear missiles in orbit that were used to destroy the asteroid. (the problem was they weren't put there for that reason) Maybe Trump wants nuclear missiles in orbit for 1 of several reasons. Regardless of this, that movie got me thinking of this. There's an awful lot of rocks floating in space but nothing big ever hits us. They now say Jupiter pulls most of the bid ones into it's gravity. That gets me thinking how marvelously God designed our solar system. Earth is pretty far in so the outer planets give us a lot of protection. It is wondrous. Then IMO if perchance a big rock gets past them God sends a holy angel to destroy it. I don't think earth will be destroyed until God wants it to be.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Butero
39 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I listened to Trump speak today and he mentioned a new force, Space Force.  He proclaimed the US is going to be doing much more in space, heading to Mars, and needs to create a Space Force instead of pulling from all other forces.   Though I don't believe he will have enough time to get this too far off the ground, the thought is still distracting from the real future we are facing.

I have mixed feelings about it too, cost verses benefits.  Astronomy was one of my favorite classes in High School.  I have always been interested in the planets and what they are like.  I suspect they are mostly just giant rocks, but you never know.  If they do decide to do this, I would bet they would find a way to find national defense uses as well.  Remember the latest comments by Putin, about his ability to hit us with nukes we cannot shoot down.  I am inclined to go along with this.  I am also a science-fiction fan.  My favorite show is "The X Files."  

I heard it on the news.  You can Google Space Force and find the resources you want to listen to or read.

17 minutes ago, Butero said:

I have mixed feelings about it too, cost verses benefits.  Astronomy was one of my favorite classes in High School.  I have always been interested in the planets and what they are like.  I suspect they are mostly just giant rocks, but you never know.  If they do decide to do this, I would bet they would find a way to find national defense uses as well.  Remember the latest comments by Putin, about his ability to hit us with nukes we cannot shoot down.  I am inclined to go along with this.  I am also a science-fiction fan.  My favorite show is "The X Files."  

The only other nation to have a Space Force is Russia.  I am sure they also use it for military reasons, as we would.  Let's not be fooled to think it would be only used for space exploration, to go where no man has ever gone before ... that's Hollywood.

I also an drawn to astrology.  I find myself watching many of the shows about the universe, though I often wonder how they can know what each planet is created with ... much is left to the imagination, which is how I see the programs.

Guest Butero
23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Seems to me the whole space thing is a waste...except for one small glitch...keeping ahead in matters of defense as it won't be long before long-range laser weapons from space become a reality...if the Lord tarries.

That is my primary reason for supporting it.  

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Seems to me the whole space thing is a waste...except for one small glitch...keeping ahead in matters of defense as it won't be long before long-range laser weapons from space become a reality...if the Lord tarries.

To use lasers we would first need to develop an energy source small enough to be house in space and powerful enough to be useful.  I would think rail guns would work better, if they can be accurate enough.  Kinetic energy can destroy a large area without making the surrounding hundreds of square miles useless due to radiation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Well, you get my gist, some sort of weaponry that can knock out power grids or what not.  Don't think we are in a position to leave ourselves vulnerable from space.

From what I understand, the best way to disable power grids is with an EMP, probably by using a high power microwave, but then we are back to how to create that much power in space?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Another thing that is interesting pertaining to along those lines. Have you been watching some of the US fighter videos that have been declassified plastered all over news media and TV. Where the high speed fighter jets are chasing UFO'S and can't do anything because of their speed and sudden right angle turns that would crush any living being to a pancake. These events are globally well documented and suppressed from the public. 

Now the question: Why soft disclosure now all of a sudden? What role will these UFO'S / ET'S play in the end-times in which we are living? 

I've commented in detail on my suspicions about all this previously, so I won't parrot them again. Elmer Fudd had it right, "barry barry interesting"!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,625
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

One might want to look up the 1967 Outer Space treaty.