• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

its probably a picture of the womans daughter .  

I checked, LoL. I would have been astonished to see a child be quite that eloquent.

But yeah, unless she's rich, most children don't list "traveling" as something they enjoy either, LoL. 

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

I checked, LoL. I would have been astonished to see a child be quite that eloquent.

But yeah, unless she's rich, most children don't list "traveling" as something they enjoy either, LoL. 

Yeah she speaks Italian too and can write in English.      Yeah its a pic of the womans daughter.   and I see she has correct our furry friend before .

Praise the Lord Hidden in Him.     You loved and let us rejoice in the LORD . 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yeah she speaks Italian too and can write in English.      Yeah its a pic of the womans daughter.   and I see she has correct our furry friend before .

Praise the Lord Hidden in Him.     You loved and let us rejoice in the LORD . 

For the record, are you the same "Freindof ThaLord" that is/ was a friend of Solomon's Porch over at Christian Forums, or are you someone who coincidently just uses a similar site name? :) 

• Brilliant! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/25/2018 at 5:25 AM, KiwiChristian said:

f02a4e40e8ca045eca9b0628631c27f7.jpg

The answer is below.

Why are the newer translations of the Bible missing verses?

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

This on going bashing of the NIV is getting old. You prefer the KJV over the NIV? Fine. Good for you. I am glad you. But that is no reason to be bashing on other translations.  While I prefer my Holman Study Bible, I do not come here and bash on the KJV of the Bible, even though I feel my Holman Study Bible has given me a clearer understand of God's word  then what  the KJV Bible dose.  Furthermore bashing on the NIV shows a  a lack of understanding about how the translation came about. 

For many including myself, the NIV was our first Bible after we got saved. It got us into God's word and guided our paths as we started our walk on this Christian journey. I know that my worn out, over used NIV Bible I got as a High School graduation gift from my church over 20 years ago help me in my Christian walk. It is full of highlitted passages and side notes. It made God's word easy for me to understand.  

That's it. 

My wife and I used to go to a "KJV only" church when we first moved to KY. My wife's bible is NIV. 

One day the pastor was reading an "apparently confusing" verse in the KJV to the congregation, so he said it in plain English so that people would "get it". My wife followed him along because what he said was WORD FOR WORD what was in her NIV. 

The KJV just confuses things. It might as well be in German for most folks. You spend half your brain energy trying to decipher old English to new meanings.

This is quite useful: http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_vers1.htm

• Loved it! 1

16 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

For the record, are you the same "Freindof ThaLord" that is/ was a friend of Solomon's Porch over at Christian Forums, or are you someone who coincidently just uses a similar site name? :) 

What happened with solomons porch.     I hardly go to the other forum any more .  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The KJV just confuses things. It might as well be in German for most folks. You spend half your brain energy trying to decipher old English to new meanings.

May i ask if you can kindly provide an example of a verse that confuses you trying to decipher the old english ?.    Just want to see what others may also find difficult.   Here below is a couple verse of a KJV, i posted.  You can point out the difficulty.  Thanks

Isaiah 1 King James Version (KJV)

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

5 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

May i ask if you can kindly provide an example of a verse that confuses you trying to decipher the old english ?.   

Anything with a thee or thou, not to mention words that have actually changed their definition since it was written. I even bristled when I heard Billy Graham, in speaking to people, use Thee's and Thou's. I guess it makes your words somehow more "holy" to use old English. 

39 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Don't think some figured this out yet .       here lets rewrite it .    why are the  N   E    W      E       R      translations of the bible missing verses.

And this answer is above.............................................................................................as in LOOK UP here.  

NEWER .    NEWER .       hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

just saying .