IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

You don't fall into sin.   You fall into temptation; you choose to sin.

Ahh, yes, but which you? The old you or the new you? When Paul was describing his battle in Romans 7, he said that in his fight against sin, to will was present with him..... he wanted to not choose to sin..... but how to actually resist it, he found not. And he hated himself.... his old carnal nature. 

Was this willful sin? Not for a minute. I know drug addicts who cry after giving in to the temptation again.. They resisted the urge as long as they could, and yet, it was simply too strong and overpowered them. The Bible gives us clear distinction between sins we commit where we simply are not strong enough to resist, such as what Paul described in Romans 7, and willful sin.

Willful sin is when we absolutely know an action is clearly against God’s will, and yet we choose to commit it  regardless, trusting that since we are saved, and with his mantra of “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven” firmly in the forefront of our  minds,  we trust that the precious shed blood of Jesus will wash is white as snow. The deception is so deep, that amazingly, we can do this again and again, with no remorse, no shame, no guilt, thinking we can go visit the dark side as often as we want,  and then can come back to the light with no repercussions. We are wrong.

I will mince no words here. Unless massive repentance and a breaking occurs, men and women such as these are headed for certain weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. To put the Son of God to an open shame, abusing His sacrifice that caused God to have to watch His only begotten Son willingly suffer and die for us to purchase our forgiveness, and to think this is what grace is for? Well, this is deception at its very worst, and amazingly many in church have bought into it. 

And as the blinders are taken off in these coming days, we will discover the real full power of grace and as we embrace the treaty as to who we really are, new creatures, with new natures, this truth  will, set us  free, free from committing sins the sins that we now battle against unsuccessfully. Free indeed. Grace is not meant to give us permission to sin freely, with no consequences. It is the very power whereby we are set free from an existence as prisoners to the power of sin!

So if one finds themselves like Paul, hating your actions and your weakness that causes you to fall again and again, take heart. God will move mountains if needed in the coming days to insure your deliverance so that you can walk as you long to inside. And it will be glorious.

But if you are quite content to continue willfully sinning, spitting in the eye of the God who loves you, abusing the sacrifice God gave for you, lest you repent, your darkness will increase more and more and you will find you have an eternity to regret such an arrogant, evil choice.

we are entering the valley of decision. There will be no more grey, no more muddling and confusion. Those that love the light WILL come to it. Praise God, they will joyfully discover the HOW of holiness, no matter how weak they have been, no matter how bound they have been to resist evil. They find the power to BE light, and this to easily walk as children of light.

But those who love a little darkness as the desire strikes, thinking they can have their cake and eat it too, and yet they are inwardly unwilling to surrender ALL to the Lord of the universe to find true cleansing, then blackness will engulf them and carry them away. 

Here in the valley we are all entering, rest assured we all WILL have a  choice. One choice. Light, or darkness, but there will be no more grey. NONE. 

Blessings,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

How does one escape from sin? I have tried and tried. Temptation rears its ugly head andbi fail. Again and again!

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Goldie said:

How does one escape from sin? I have tried and tried. Temptation rears its ugly head andbi fail. Again and again!

I would suggest reading any of my posts. It is all I talk about. Eleven years ago, bound by sins big and small and hating my life, I had a divine visitation and what God told me changed everything. Since then, I have shared in great length as to what our problem is, and how to overcome it. All I can say is.... it works. The promises of God are real and for any who truly long to be freed from their old carnal nature. 

If after reading my posts, you have any questions, feel free to message me and I will do as much as I can to answer them and see you discover how to walk as an overcomer of the world, the flesh and the devil. 

May God bless you.

Gids

Guest shiloh357
39 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Ahh, yes, but which you? The old you or the new you?

Sin is rebellion against God.   You don't' fall into rebellion.  Rebellion is a choice.   Sin is always a choice; never an accident that you fell into.   We are all tempted, but we choose how to respond to it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You don't fall into sin.   You fall into temptation; you choose to sin.

It's a bit of both........what happens when God decides to harden someone's heart......or when He binds them over to their sin......or lets blindness happen to them.  They kind of can't help it any more.   But He is not unjust.......He does it to teach them a lesson.......or because they refused His corrections/warnings.......and/or working all things together regarding other larger purposes of His.

• Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

1 hour ago, Goldie said:

There is but one way to be freed from sin. It is to die. For consider,  if you were to die right this second “sin” would have no more power over you. Sin or temptation would still exist, but you would be powerless to respond. This is what it means to be “dead in Christ” for of a truth when Christ died we died. It is when a person is willing to enter into death rather than sin. That freedom from sin will be found. This is the one and only way given to be free from our fallen natures. To walk in newness of life is for every believer. The question is “how”. The answer is, to be willing to die rather than sin. When this is seen the natural response will be to always “reckon yourself dead”, in every situation for you will see if it’s “you” that is living, you will sin. It is a new life “in you” that is necessary. But praise be to God, this is what Christ brought for us by His death. Freedom from sin. This is the stumbling block of the cross of Christ which many believers never stop stumbling over. What it means to be “dead in Christ”. Oh the blessedness of this truth. My God open our eyes to see this truth in a deeper and deeper way.

much love on Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2

7 minutes ago, Not me said:

There is but one way to be freed from sin. It is to die. For consider,  if you were to die right this second “sin” would have no more power over you. Sin or temptation would still exist, but you would be powerless to respond. This is what it means to be “dead in Christ” for of a truth when Christ died we died. It is when a person is willing to enter into death rather than sin. That freedom from sin will be found. This is the one and only way given to be free from our fallen natures. To walk in newness of life is for every believer. The question is “how”. The answer is, to be willing to die rather than sin. When this is seen the natural response will be to always “reckon yourself died in every situation for you will see if it’s “you” that is living, you will sin. It is a new life “in you” that is necessary. But praise be to God, this is what Christ brought for us by His death. Freedom from sin. This is the stumbling block of the cross of Christ which many believers never stop stumbling over. What it means to be “dead in Christ”. Oh the blessedness of this truth. My God open our eyes to see this truth in a deeper and deeper way.

Amen and amen! Thank you for your wisdom.

Gideon

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

It's a bit of both........what happens when God decides to harden someone's heart......or when He binds them over to their sin......or lets blindness happen to them.  They kind of can't help it any more.   But He is not unjust.......He does it to teach them a lesson.......or because they refused His corrections/warnings.......and/or working all things together regarding other larger purposes of His.

No, when God hardens someone's heart, they have already hardened their own heart in rebellion.   God doesn't cause people to sin, which is what your statement implies.   God hardens the heart of the rebels who have already demonstrated that they are unwilling to repent and are irretrievably wicked .

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No, when God hardens someone's heart, they have already hardened their own heart in rebellion.   God doesn't cause people to sin, which is what your statement implies.   God hardens the heart of the rebels who have already demonstrated that they are unwilling to repent and are irretrievably wicked .

Isn't that what I just said?

23 minutes ago, Not me said:

There is but one way to be freed from sin. It is to die. For consider,  if you were to die right this second “sin” would have no more power over you. Sin or temptation would still exist, but you would be powerless to respond. This is what it means to be “dead in Christ” for of a truth when Christ died we died. It is when a person is willing to enter into death rather than sin. That freedom from sin will be found. This is the one and only way given to be free from our fallen natures. To walk in newness of life is for every believer. The question is “how”. The answer is, to be willing to die rather than sin. When this is seen the natural response will be to always “reckon yourself dead”, in every situation for you will see if it’s “you” that is living, you will sin. It is a new life “in you” that is necessary. But praise be to God, this is what Christ brought for us by His death. Freedom from sin. This is the stumbling block of the cross of Christ which many believers never stop stumbling over. What it means to be “dead in Christ”. Oh the blessedness of this truth. My God open our eyes to see this truth in a deeper and deeper way.

Mat 16:25

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

• Praise God! 1