IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Excellent point, and thank you for pointing that out.  It is imperative that we know how our salvation works and what exactly it accomplishes, amen? And the first ring is, we must nail down as FACT that we, our old sinful nature, died when Christ died. And why is this important? Paul tells us a few verses later in Romans 7 that the law has dominion over us as long as we live. And what is the strength of sin? The law. We had to get freed from the grip of the law in order to get freed from the grip of sin and to do that? Death is absolutely necessary. So let’s look at what Paul actually says in Romans 6:

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? “

So here is the question that needs answering. Is it important as children of God to walk without sin? Yes. And just as important.... is it possible, since we are only humans with flaws and weaknesses, to actually walk with sin under our feet? The answer is an emphatic  and glorious YES! Then Paul continues as he explains the HOW of our victory. And it starts with nailing down two facts....

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”

Notice the tense. Past tense. We died. Not are dying. Paul then transitions into the second part of our knowing, and it is just as important. We are not left just forgiven but not cleamsed nor freed from the power of  darkness. Listen, dear saints of God,  we too were raised to newness of life! 

Yes, our fleshly bodies remain, BUT, our spirits? They are brand new! Our old sinful nature died with Christ. His death was our death, glory to God!  Again Paul repeats this amazing pronouncement and what we need to know as fact. We, our old carnal sin loving nature, that cannot get victory over sin no matter how hard we try, has died. Past tense. And Paul contiues...

“For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.“

. Again, the importance of knowing these are facts. Done deals. Past tense. So what is Paul telling us we need to nail down as fact?

1) Our old natures died with Him.

2) We have been given brand new natures, natures that not only want to avoid evil, but CAN avoid it.

Then Paul continues and tells us what all this means for us...

“For he that is dead is freed from sin.”

Glory to God forevermore! Now some will say that this means we are free from our guilt, and indeed we are! But.... there is more. We are freed from the power of sin over us. How do we know?  Paul tells us clearly in Colossians 1:13:

“Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son”
                                Colossians 1:13                                            

Our salvation is far greater than we have thought. What we are being awakened to is what was actually accomplished on the cross ..... and with Christ’s resurrection. Forgiveness? You bet! But there is something more. We were made NEW. Our very nature was changed. Deep inside you, whether you feel it or not, down deep in your core, you are pure, you are clean, you are new. And you are FREE INDEED. 

I will continue on into the next step, which is our activation of this truth in our lives, in the next post. 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon

Very very nice explanation. Until the foundation of our “deaths in Christ” is understood, as “past tense”, (as what Christ did for us on the cross,) until we see it as an accomplished task. We will reckon from hope. Something that we “want” to have done. Not something that “has been done”. It is the already been done fact that causes a person to cease from the own works and enter into the rest of God. For until this is seen as an accomplishmented fact “self” will be looked to to help. It is “self” trying to help that will cause failure. For our salvation is a free gift, from  so that none can glory in it. But to be brought to this place of powerlessness is painful and hard where we will not look to self at all but only to Christ. For of a truth we need to die to our own wills. For it is our own wills that is the cause of our problems. For we are are worst enemy. It is us that we need to be freed from. To arrive at the place where we can cry out like Paul did “oh wretched man that I am” blessed is that man!  For freedom from self or sin both being the same thing. Is right around the corner. For it was the fall into the life of this world that is our separation from God. So it is the giving up of the life of this world that is necessary. Why you might ask is the life of this world so sinful? It is because the life of this world elevates itself above “that which is right” (i.e. righteousness)

much love in Christ, Not me.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Pride goes be fore destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. Let the first sinless man please stand up. If we read or speak the Lords prayer it states "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"   This prayer speaks to the believers through out the ages. If you pray everyday can you exclude this part of your prayer life?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

We can still sin and do sin. But we dont pratice sin. We dont live in sin like the world. We can fall to sin when we take our eyes off of God. We have died to sin as a way of life. We are alive to righteouness as a way of living. Its christ who cleases us from any sin. We need to repent daily if we sin. No one will not sin. But we can walk in righteousnes. Put on christ daily. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

6 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We can still sin and do sin. But we dont pratice sin. We dont live in sin like the world. We can fall to sin when we take our eyes off of God. We have died to sin as a way of life. We are alive to righteouness as a way of living. Its christ who cleases us from any sin. We need to repent daily if we sin. No one will not sin. But we can walk in righteousnes. Put on christ daily. 

Brother, here I must humbly disagree with you. Yes, we cannot stop sinning. BUT, we can be kept from sinning just as He promised.. God has promised to cause us (His exact words in Ezekiel 36) to walk in obedience.  He has equipped us with shields of faith that He guarantees will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy. Unbelief has kept the church wandering in the wilderness ever since the wolves Paul spoke of entered the flock after His death. But in these last days, God is awakening us to ho we have always been, new creatures, able to abide in Him all day, every day. And praise God, when we do, we find it tue that to our  amazement, we do not fulfill the lists of the flesh. 

It is time to believe our God. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, here I must humbly disagree with you. Yes, we cannot stop sinning. BUT, we can be kept from sinning just as He promised.. God has promised to cause us (His exact words in Ezekiel 36) to walk in obedience.  He has equipped us with shields of faith that He guarantees will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy. Unbelief has kept the church wandering in the wilderness ever since the wolves Paul spoke of entered the flock after His death. But in these last days, God is awakening us to ho we have always been, new creatures, able to abide in Him all day, every day. And praise God, when we do, we find it tue that to our  amazement, we do not fulfill the lists of the flesh. 

It is time to believe our God. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

If any man says he has not sin he is a liar. Wrote John. We can stop sinning as a way of life. But we still sin. We must not stop walking in righteouness. We can walk in righteouness. We are raise with him in newness of life.

39 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Pride goes be fore destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. Let the first sinless man please stand up. If we read or speak the Lords prayer it states "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"   This prayer speaks to the believers through out the ages. If you pray everyday can you exclude this part of your prayer life?

Brother, I can assure you that pride is not in my words. I am nothing, and in my old nature, worse than any here. I deserve nothing. But despite that, Cod has showered me with kindness and it is He who keeps me from falling into sin. I walked 38 years trying to be a “good” Christian, and I failed miserably. But at my lowest, God had mercy on me and opened my eyes to my problem. Unbelief. I simply had not believed it was possible for Him to keep me from falling. And when I saw it, and chose to believe, everything changed. Victory, that had long eluded me, was given to me by His mercy and grace.

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

If any man says he has not sin he is a liar. Wrote John. We can stop sinning as a way of life. But we still sin. We must not stop walking in righteouness. We can walk in righteouness. We are raise with him in newness of life.

23 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, if you will allow me, I would like to share with you about the scripture you have quoted. It and Romans 7 are the two parts of scripture that have been used more than any others to try to discredit what is being shared. Here is thescripture in context:

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

1 John 1:6-7

Then he follows up with the verse you referenced. 

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1: the 8 

Please note that in the previous verse,  John lays out the truth about our salvation. We must admit we are sinners and confess them. Then he says about any who deny they have sins that need forgiving and therefore does not need ‘saving’, he is a liar. 

How can we be sure this is the truth and that he is not talking about regenerated men? Because as we proceed into chapter 2, he says that his purpose in writing these things is that we not sin! Then he says IF we sin... not when.... after coming to the Lord, we have an advocate. Then he follows up with verse after verse making sure we do not mis-understand his meaning in the verse you quoted. 

He tells us that if we say we abide in Him we will walk as He walked, and if we do not, we are liars. 

Then it gets even more clear:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:6

I can go on into chapter 5, which to our old nature we would like torn from our Bibles, because I certainly did, LOL., For there are verses there that will leave us begging for a new heart.

And brother, that is the point. Do we WANT to be different? Paul certainly did in Roman 7. He hated.... JATED... his old nature, always sinning, always failing, always walking with self as king. Do we? If we do, there is relief coming, and eyes I’ll be opened to it. But if we do not, if we find we are quite content to be forgiven yet remain unchanged, still willfully sinning despite the grave warning given us, thinking that grace will make it all ok, great deception lies here. 

Look, as this truth begins to open up to us, I expect there will be strong resistance, even anger. But I know this. All who love the light, who still may have darkness in them but who hate it, they WILL hear His voice, and they WILL become light in the Lord. I pray for all who simply are misunderstanding what is being shared that they see the truth of it in the word. It is there. 

But there is no question. There will also be those who do not want to be holy, who do not want to relinquish their wills to God’, who want to remain in the pilot’s seat with their forgiveness an bus pass to heaven, yet who never will crown Jesus not only as savior but also as LORD. 

A split is coming. Light is separating from darkness. We will vertically be one or the other, completely, 100%.

I pray that every soul that reads these words end up in the light, and then, once having finally lit their lamps, walks as a child of light.

Blessings,

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

59 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, if you will allow me, I would like to share with you about the scripture you have quoted. It and Romans 7 are the two parts of scripture that have been used more than any others to try to discredit what is being shared. Here is thescripture in context:

“If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Please note that in the previous verse,  John lays out the truth about our salvation. We must admit we are sinners and confess them. Then he says about any who deny they have sins that need forgiving and therefore does not need ‘saving’, he is a liar. 

How can we be sure this is the truth and that he is not talking about regenerated men? Because as we proceed into chapter 2, he says that his purpose in writing these things is that we not sin! Then he says IF we sin... not when.... after coming to the Lord, we have an advocate. Then he follows up with verse after verse making sure we do not mis-understand his meaning in the verse you quoted. 

He tells us that if we say we abide in Him we will walk as He walked, and if we do not, we are liars. 

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

I can go on into chapter 5, which to our old nature we would like torn from our Bibles, because I certainly did, LOL., For there are verses there that will leave us begging for a new heart.

And brother, that is the point. Do we WANT to be different? Paul certainly did in Roman 7. He hated.... JATED... his old nature, always sinning, always failing, always walking with self as king. Do we? If we do, there is relief coming, and eyes I’ll be opened to it. But if we do not, if we find we are quite content to be forgiven yet remain unchanged, still willfully sinning despite the grave warning given us, thinking that grace will make it all ok, great deception lies here. 

Look, as this truth begins to open up to us, I expect there will be strong resistance, even anger. But I know this. All who love the light, who still may have darkness in them but who hate it, they WILL hear His voice, and they WILL become light in the Lord. I pray for all who simply are misunderstanding what is being shared that they see the truth of it in the word. It is there. 

But there is no question. There will also be those who do not want to be holy, who do not want to relinquish their wills to God’, who want to remain in the pilot’s seat with their forgiveness an bus pass to heaven, yet who never will crown Jesus not only as savior but also as LORD. 

A split is coming. Light is separating from darkness. We will vertically be one or the other, completely, 100%.

I pray that every soul that reads these words end up in the light, and then, once having finally lit their lamps, walks as a child of light.

Blessings,

Gideon

Wow!

This is excellent. My heart swelled when I listened to this not once but twice and will probably go back and listen to it again. Thanks for the food, which causes growth. You are a blessed man.

much love in Christ. Not me

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I can assure you that pride is not in my words. I am nothing, and in my old nature, worse than any here. I deserve nothing. But despite that, Cod has showered me with kindness and it is He who keeps me from falling into sin. I walked 38 years trying to be a “good” Christian, and I failed miserably. But at my lowest, God had mercy on me and opened my eyes to my problem. Unbelief. I simply had not believed it was possible for Him to keep me from falling. And when I saw it, and chose to believe, everything changed. Victory, that had long eluded me, was given to me by His mercy and grace.

Blessings, 

Gideon

Amen.........victory........an old-fashioned church word we don't hear much any more.  Instead most preach and teach and believe that it isn't possible.  Thanks for your words Gideon, they are a great encouragement.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Blessings,

Gideon

God only knows the spirit of a man. He knows our struggles. This is about those with strongholds. I know because  I have lived  it. Thankfully and prayerfully the Lord has taken them from me after many years. the lord is long suffering  I pray every day  for forgiveness even for those sins that I may not know I have committed. I am not a judge of any man only of myself. Jesus has been with me from the beginning. He knows me and I know Him and my spirit goes after Him. Pau was given a thorn in his side that he would avoid the sin of pride.   You are right that Jesus is our advocate and his never ending love comes all the way from the cross.

God bless