Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

How do  you  know that you know you  have a personal relationship between you and Him? 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

The Holy Spirit.

John 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

The Holy Spirit.

John 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Yes and it also says    Matt 14:16 and I will pray the Father , and he shall give you  another comforter, that he may abide with you forever. 17 even the word of truth whom the world cannot receive because it seeth  him not neither knoweth him, but ye know him for he dewlleth with you and shall be in you.

These scriptures tell us of the promise that he shall be in us. This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost to the 120 in the upper room that gave them power to witness for Christ boldly. Jesus also said in Joh. n 3 we must be born again of the Spirit or we could not enter in to the kingdom.  We need a spiritual relation ship Christ. The holy Spirit makes this possible. Still many do not grasp it as stated So the question is, how do we know that we are truly born again and walk the Christ personally aside from our congregational life?  

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Romans 8 King James Version (KJV)

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

A comprehensive examination of the usage of summarturevw in Greek literature, as well as other exegetical evidence, leads to the conclusion that this verb means “bear witness to” in Rom 8:16. The passage thus is affirming that the Holy Spirit has an ongoing witness to our inner being. One implication of this is that we have assurance of salvation not just because of the word of God but also because of the testimony of the Spirit to our hearts. There are also implications for perseverance of the saints and for believers working at the highest levels of scholarship (e.g., it is dangerous to think that mere exegesis will give one certainty; ultimately, a vibrant relation to God through the Holy Spirit must be at the heart of loving God with one’s mind).

See the link below for the rest of the above examination.

https://bible.org/seriespage/witness-spirit-romans-816-interpretation-and-implications

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

How do  you  know that you know you  have a personal relationship between you and Him? 

This is such an excellent question. “How do we know that we know”

There are so many answers here, which one will speak to your heart, is the question. I can only speak from or about my own personal relationship with Him. Scripture says “let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts” so I keep the “peace of Christ in my heart” foremost. If something upsets the “peace of Christ in my heart” don’t care what it is, I do something different, that doesn’t upset the peace of Christ in my heart. Which in turn causes me to keep my joy. Knowing that joy  “only” comes from Christ. I stay obedient to what the “peace of Christ” in my heart says.

Hope it helps. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

16 minutes ago, Not me said:

This is such an excellent question. “How do we know that we know”

There are so many answers here, which one will speak to your heart, is the question. I can only speak from or about my own personal relationship with Him. Scripture says “let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts” so I keep the “peace of Christ in my heart” foremost. If something upsets the “peace of Christ in my heart” don’t care what it is, I do something different, that doesn’t upset the peace of Christ in my heart. Which in turn causes me to keep my joy. Knowing that joy  “only” comes from Christ. I stay obedient to what the “peace of Christ” in my heart says.

Hope it helps. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Lets takes this a little deeper. In this world who do we look to as our closest relationship which is our intement person that we confide in? We talk to this person about our stress, daily problems at work or home. Thiis comforts us and is our closest companion.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Lets takes this a little deeper. In this world who do we look to as our closest relationship which is our intement person that we confide in? We talk to this person about our stress, daily problems at work or home. Thiis comforts us and is our closest companion.

I’m sorry, I have no idea of what your looking for here. I thought I answered your question of “how do you know that you know” by relating my personal relationship with Christ. “How I know that I know.” I thought that was the intent of your question.  If by chance I have offended you by my answer I humbly apologize. 

To answer your question; 

Brother, sister, friend, spouse, Jesus?

Confused in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Still many do not grasp it as stated So the question is, how do we know that we are truly born again and walk the Christ personally aside from our congregational life?

One either has a relationship with God, or one does not.  If we have a relationship then we know who it is we are communicating with, and know when the Holy Spirit is working through us.  When you feel joy at the news someone has accepted Jesus, you know where that joy comes from.  When you mourn over some tragedy that befalls a complete stranger, you know that sorrow is heartfelt.  When you know a brother or sister in the Lord before the conversation ever goes to the speaking of it, you know how you knew it.  There are many ways to know, if one is walking with Him.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry if I'm sounding to mysterious. all of us who truly love Him will walk with Him. Aside from Jesus our  closest interment relation ship should be our wife or your closest trusted friend if you are blessed to have one. maybe I could say How much time do we spend with Jesus in personal prayer? Jesus is our closest personal friend hwo is closer than a brother. We can talk to Him and share our most interment thoughts and needs. I spend alone time with Him every day. He hears me and He talks with me in ways as he is with me standing next to me. I don't know how you know he Is there, but he has put things in my  devotional tells me he was there with me. Things I had just prayed about. I am amazed and my jaw drops. This is how I know I have Jesus as my most personal friend and We can talk to Him and He .

I know he desires this with all of us and he will reveal Himself to us having a personal conversation. This is no made up thing but very real.   We can talk to Him and He with us personally. This is a spiritual communication with the our Lord and maker. Have a daily prayer life and devotional time. Make the time. He knows us by name and he calls us out. There is know greater comfort than this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Let me share something that has become dear to me. My life time companion passed away and went home. She was not a church going person but she spent time with her devotionals The Lord was working with her and she did Love Him. She was 69 and passed while in the Hospital from complication. I prayed for her everyday. We had her funeral on Monday Mar the 5th.  On Wednesday the 7th three days later I was praying and did my devtions, but this one was very special. It was titled "Goodbye for now". The lesson was about our goodbye is only temporary and we will meet again. I knew that the Lord did this letting her assure me she was with The Lord waiting for me. This was no accident or strang coincidence but a love letter from heaven put in my  devotion.  I lave the page open ti and look at it every morning as it sits on my desk. 

This was the scripture used.1st Thess 4:13 

You do not grieve as the rest of mankind who have not hope 

May this be a comfort to you as well God bless.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praying! 1