• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I'v not heard that one. :mellow:

I would have something better to say if it was real song. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

some 

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'v not heard that one. :mellow:

I would have something better to say if it was real song. 

it's parodying the gospel songs coming out thatas basically club or love songs with a sprinkling of spirituality. i heard several of such songs over the past few. the music videos are practically indistinguishable from party songs save the women dress more decently

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

"And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke." - Acts 6:10

Bid the brooding Spirit of God to apply your prayer to the specifics of your day. Wait quietly. Listen carefully, Obey immediately.

There is a union between Christ and the Christian that is so deep, so pure, so sweet, so real, that the very conditions of the human spirit are transmitted to His, and the conditions of Christ's spirit are transmitted to ours.

Pursuit to achieve a continuous God-consciousness, to experience this oneness with God is the most normal condition one can have.

"I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me." - Psalm 16:7

Where are you with Him at night?  Are you in the fold of His arms? Are you where His hand can rest upon your head, and give you right thinking and right understanding?  Are you so close that He needs only to whisper, and you feel His breath, and know exactly what He is sending you to do, and the message He will send you to carry?
Learn to run into His arms. Learn to acknowledge His presence in every hour of the day, until you become so aware that you too cannot escape His presence, just like David.  Because if you too were locked in the pits of Hell, He would come and get you, for you are His property.

Jesus Forgives.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Yes, heaven forbid Christian artists make music that people actually want to listen to...

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

some 

it's parodying the gospel songs coming out thatas basically club or love songs with a sprinkling of spirituality. i heard several of such songs over the past few. the music videos are practically indistinguishable from party songs save the women dress more decently

There is an interesting youtub video on why Christian rock music is bad. Put together by a Christian who explains things very well. Just look up "why Christian rock is bad" if you want to check it out.   Bad as in it is just well ......it just sounds bad. That a lot of it is just a remake of what is already out there. I tend to agree. I have never been a Christian rock fan. While I tried to be growing up in the 80's my fellow teens in my youth group were into  the 80's Christian rock bands.  It was suppose to be an alternative for people like me who like rock n roll.  But I just thought they sounded boring and more like bubble gum music.  I did kind of sort of like "Stryper" for a while, but  they really only had about 2 songs that I liked and my liking of them didn't last long.  As of now there are two or three Christian bands that I enjoy that I think not only put out good Christian messages in their songs, but I also enjoy the sound that they are putting out there. So yeah, I get what you are saying. :)

Funny True Story:  When I was in church youth group, when we had youth parties. The adults told us that we could only play Christian music at these church youth parties. The band Europe (which is not a Christian band) had a song out called  "The Final Countdown". We told the adults that it was a Christian rock song about the return of Christ. So they let us play it! LOL :24:

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

59 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

There is an interesting youtub video on why Christian rock music is bad. Put together by a Christian who explains things very well. Just look up "why Christian rock is bad" if you want to check it out.   Bad as in it is just well ......it just sounds bad. That a lot of it is just a remake of what is already out there. I tend to agree. I have never been a Christian rock fan. While I tried to be growing up in the 80's my fellow teens in my youth group were into  the 80's Christian rock bands.  It was suppose to be an alternative for people like me who like rock n roll.  But I just thought they sounded boring and more like bubble gum music.  I did kind of sort of like "Stryper" for a while, but  they really only had about 2 songs that I liked and my liking of them didn't last long.  As of now there are two or three Christian bands that I enjoy that I think not only put out good Christian messages in their songs, but I also enjoy the sound that they are putting out there. So yeah, I get what you are saying. :)

Funny True Story:  When I was in church youth group, when we had youth parties. The adults told us that we could only play Christian music at these church youth parties. The band Europe (which is not a Christian band) had a song out called  "The Final Countdown". We told the adults that it was a Christian rock song about the return of Christ. So they let us play it! LOL :24:

Did you ever see the Geico ad using The Final Countdown?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

3 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

Yes, heaven forbid Christian artists make music that people actually want to listen to...

This could be a thread all its own. There are always a few good ones out there at any given time, but I think the main problem is that there just aren't as many Christian musicians as in the world, so when you're used to top end secular talent and writers, the Christian stuff sort of pales by comparison, especially where musicianship and creativity is concerned.

I don't know what the answer is. I still listen to quality secular music most of the time. But I do enjoy good Christian stuff as well on occasion. And certainly nothing compares to being caught up in anointed worship. :thumbsup:  

But the music of heaven is supposedly amazingly beautiful and never monotonous, and flows throughout Heaven, everywhere and at all times - angelic choirs, children singing praises, worship services unlike anything we have ever experienced on earth - So it's only a matter of time till that problem gets solved forever.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

you mean like what they've been doing sincebiblical times? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

you mean like what they've been doing sincebiblical times? 

The problem with your argument is that music has changed countless times since biblical times. I imagine had the people of the original church heard "amazing grace" or "it is well with my soul" they may well have labeled it heathen because it was a style they had never heard before.