• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I've followed this thread with interest.  What cult do you think they are with?  Just curious.

So give us your synopsis of what ye think of the thread, seeing your interest.  That is if you don't mind my asking.  thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Jesus spoke to Christians in the church of Laodecia, telling them this:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:14-19 

we are not to be ignorant of Satan’s devices. Sin can harden our hearts to the point that we cannot believe truth, even when staring at it. Each must decide if what is being shared is true, but as to whether a Christian can be blinded to the truth, scripture plainly teaches it is indeed a possibility. 

Blessings,

Gideon

Well you believe that because you talk like not too many christian walk with God. I am sure there are christisn who need to draw near to God. They need to repent and do the first works. What i mean is if they are born again they are not blind to the truth. Otherwise they would not be born again. I john says we have no need of anyone to teach us because the anointing teaches us all things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,193
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I don't hate you, just feel sad for you.

Good, for I just have love for you. And just want you/me everybody to grow in Christ. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hate having to repeat myself..."I know what that teaching is like, I've been there.".

I also have had first hand exposure with cults and the blindness of following a leader that claims 'spirituality' over others.

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I made a similar statement with no certain group in mind, just the way they carry on. Perhaps the Witness Lee group is closest if you have to name a group.

I hope you do not think I am looking for “followers”. I am a 68 year old landscaper and deck builder, raising two young boys. I have a wife battling cancer. I have enough on my plate without trying to live up to man’s expectations of me. LOL. Even after all that God has done for me, i am nothing. God must get ALL the glory. And when one fully understands what is being shared, the thought of sharing some of the glory with us is truly repulsive, for what do we have that He has not accomplished in us? 

This message I and others are testifying about will not be one that is man centered. It will not be one man’s flame warming others as they follow him round. This awakening will be different than anything we have experienced. It will be centered on the person of Jesus Christ Himself. Every single Christian will have a thriving relationship with Christ. 

And as each person lights their lamp, their joy and victory will draw others. And the only one who gets glory is Jesus. I understand your hesitation. I pray you will simply go to God in prayer and ask Him to lead you. 

Blessings, Gids

10 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Is your human reasoning teaching you ?

Please judge all things by what the Spirit of Christ in you is telling you. For no one is asking anything of you but to go to God yourself and ask. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

7 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So give us your synopsis of what ye think of the thread, seeing your interest.

This thread is not over yet to make a synopsis, and to be honest, I have no knowledge of the Witness Lee Group that was inferred.  I will have to look them up.

20 minutes ago, Realist said:

I've followed this thread with interest.  What cult do you think they are with?  Just curious.

Just in the way cults claim they hold the truth and we are blind to it. JW come across that way. Twist things. Not in a hateful way. They are deceive.

5 minutes ago, Not me said:

Please judge all things by what the Spirit of Christ in you is telling you. For no one is asking anything of you but to go to God yourself and ask. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

I know God. And he knows me. Praise his high name.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

This thread is not over yet to make a synopsis, and to be honest, I have no knowledge of the Witness Lee Group that was inferred.  I will have to look them up.

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Just in the way cults claim they hold the truth and we are blind to it. JW come across that way. Twist things. Not in a hateful way. They are deceive.

You may think what you want about me for I am lesss than nothing. But what’s important is that you keep feeding your own personal relationship with Christ. And even if it’s true that I’m deceived it matters not. For your personal relationship with Christ is that thing that is important. That is what we’d like to see grow. Think of us/me what you will. But Christ is Lord and getting to know Him in all reality and truth is what’s important here. Hoping that you will agree with me on that. 

Much love in Christ,Not me

(gotta hit the hay)

prayers and love for all Gods people. Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

1 hour ago, Yowm said:
1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

JW come across that way. Twist things. Not in a hateful way. They are deceive.

Witness Lee learned under Watchman Nee but in time started his own movement, the Local Church which had a mixture of Watchman Nee's teachings and some aberrant stuff.

I see the cult references to both the JW and the WLs  as they are not sola scriptura according to their leaders and info on the net.

Edited by Realist