IGNORED

Reasons to attend traditional church service

bryan

Reasons to attend traditional church service  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What are the primary reasons you attend a traditional church service?

• The bible says I should
    • To sing hymns with a group
    • To hear the lesson / message from the pastor
    • For fellowship and networking with other Christians
    • To pray with a group
    • For special church events and speakers
    • The whole church experience renews and energizes me as a Christian
    • For free donuts and coffee

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Ash Tree said:

High Church as in Anglican, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox liturgies. Lots of moving parts that make you feel there is a mystery involved. As God is the highest mystery in the world.

No  such thing as a high church, Only those who walk in the spirit.  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

22 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

No  such thing as a high church, Only those who walk in the spirit.  

I wasn't referring to the church as a whole. I was more referring to the liturgy and how they go about worshiping. Low church: not as many smells and bells. High church: more smells and bells.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,215
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Biblical reason is not even listed :(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Ash Tree said:

High Church as in Anglican, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox liturgies. Lots of moving parts that make you feel there is a mystery involved. As God is the highest mystery in the world.

IF its not truth , but rather sensual feelings and pratices that make you feel GOD.    This is the easiest way to be deceived .   It really worried me huge

cause in those higher churches as you call them, many are focused on a sensual unity and meditations which make the user seem to FEEL GOD , yet truth itself is often absent

its a very deceptive thing .   It FEELS like a relationship , it has all the right ingredients for total destruction .   Our unity , our focus cannot be on what feels

but simple on TRUTH itself and the author of it .   So many headed down  a very dangerous road and where it leads is total destruction .  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Ash Tree said:

My friend their is a mystery at work in these ,  but its the wrong mystery .    The mystery of inquity .    you must get out of these places fast .

I wish more people would try and help warn out about this .   I am glad Mike did .  

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF its not truth , but rather sensual feelings and pratices that make you feel GOD.    This is the easiest way to be deceived .   It really worried me huge

cause in those higher churches as you call them, many are focused on a sensual unity and meditations which make the user seem to FEEL GOD , yet truth itself is often absent

its a very deceptive thing .   It FEELS like a relationship , it has all the right ingredients for total destruction .   Our unity , our focus cannot be on what feels

but simple on TRUTH itself and the author of it .   So many headed down  a very dangerous road and where it leads is total destruction .  

So true. Truth should come before the senses. But once you have the truth, the smells and bells can help you become closer to God. Our body is supposed to work together towards our Savior. Our mind should be satisfied with the truth and our senses with the glory of God's creation which can help us to praise him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Ash Tree said:

So true. Truth should come before the senses. But once you have the truth, the smells and bells can help you become closer to God. Our body is supposed to work together towards our Savior. Our mind should be satisfied with the truth and our senses with the glory of God's creation which can help us to praise him. 

I suppose you big on contemplative prayer as well, or no.      Oh dear I hope its a no.   MY best guess since I am not in these churches

is the sermons are pretty big on unity but not so big on doctrines that divide as they say.   perhaps a lil seeker friendly too.    This is all speculation of course

since I aint in your specific church.   Just something I notice big amonst the major mainstreams .    Yall pretty big on getting all the churches to join as one

to set down differences and doctrines that cause division andfocus on good works .    DID I sum it up fairly well  .    

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I suppose you big on contemplative prayer as well, or no.      Oh dear I hope its a no.   MY best guess since I am not in these churches

is the sermons are pretty big on unity but not so big on doctrines that divide as they say.   perhaps a lil seeker friendly too.    This is all speculation of course

since I aint in your specific church.   Just something I notice big amonst the major mainstreams .    Yall pretty big on getting all the churches to join as one

to set down differences and doctrines that cause division andfocus on good works .    DID I sum it up fairly well  .    

Contemplative prayer yes. Sermons on unity? Eh, not really, more on doctrine. Doctrine is important. That's what distinguishes different churches. Unity is important but not at the cost of watering down core Christian beliefs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,259
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Worship..............

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  956
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,614
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, bryan said:

What are the primary reasons you attend a traditional church service?   For example, some get energized by gathering to sing and pray, others want to hear the lesson from the pastor, and some feel the whole experience renews them for the week and helps them focus on God.   

Eliminating the various code words and qualifiers such as "traditional" I meet with other saints  to be with the Holy Spirit receiving enlightenment, becoming aware of fellow saints and their talents, gifts, needs, and desires, even as we worship God and give of our ourselves in appreciation of the awesome mercy  He has extended to each of us.

I go to join in many prayers one for another, and for the many that are not yet saved to eternal life with God.

I go because it lifts my spirit and blesses me, in that I am selfish.

I go because it often enlightens me as to something I might participate in for another saint's joy and benefit, and in that I am also selfish.

I go not so much for the worship  music yet always find I am lifted in my countenance anyway, and in that I am selfish.

I go because I am always amazed by the vastness of God's power and authority as He is sovereign over the little kids, the young newly weds, the working families, and even us geezers; and his church flourishes, in  that  appreciation I am selfishly cherishing the lift it gives me personally.  

I go because I always always learn something of the awesome wonder of God in his word and in the power of His Spirit. In that I am also selfish.

I go to church for many selfish reasons, and I make no apology for that, I just cherish the privilege.