IGNORED

Everything That Can Be Shaken Is About To Be...

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, naominash said:

I love you guys.

For the topic at hand, I imagine the awakening of the church to start with people praying, repenting, and seeking the Lord together.

If the Lord chooses, I feel like He can send His Spirit in such a way that non-believers who walk into the church will either fall under conviction and surrender to Christ or run the other way.

I imagine masses of people coming to seek God. 

At least, this is what I pray for. 

SO, TODAY IS THAT DAY .    why wait for tomorrow when we should be doing this today .   Its been my point the entire time .

Did the early church ever live like they had time, OR did they get up and just obey the SPIRIT and turned the world upside down.

Some are waiting for what we already have had .   ITS UP to us , now its our turn to pick up what all others before us have done .

Their is no tomorrow .   their is TODAY , that mindset must return .     DO today what we might not be able to do tomorrow.  FOR WHAT man knows what lies on the morrow

and what man knows his last day .   GET UP NOW is what I have been saying .  Come together NOW ,  is what I have been saying .  

ARISE and spread the  truth  , correct now ,  exhort now ,  be grave and compassionate NOW .   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Butero said:

Thank you Gideon for that explanation, and yes, you did answer my question, but not fully.  I appreciate the fact we can begin living like new creatures right now, and cast those grave clothes away right now, but you continue to speak to all of us like we are all still wearing the grave clothes even though you said we are able to cast them aside right this moment.  What you may mean is that most of us are still in our grave clothes, rather than all, and if that is the answer, I can accept that, but in order to be sure, I have some follow up questions.  

1.  Have you cast aside your grave clothes and are you experiencing this new walk in freedom?

2.  How does your message differ from a message like Joyce Meyer gives where she says "try not to try?"  

3.  Does your message contradict the idea of how we are taught to resist the devil and he will flee?  It comes across like you are saying we         shouldn't be striving to live right, but we should naturally do it by faith.  

Thanks Gideon.  I was joking around last night about how I couldn't wait to get the answer but had to have it right then and there.  Take your time, because I am really trying to understand what you are saying.  Who wouldn't want to be free?  The very idea of having to go around with grave clothes on brings about a feeling of bondage.  I know that right now, I am no longer a slave to sin, as I was before.  I have the ability through faith in Christ to live right each and every day, but I also know that my adversary the devil still comes around to tempt me, and I have to actively choose to resist those temptations.  Are you saying we can come to a place where we are no longer dealing with any struggle?  I am not saying we aren't able to walk in victory.  We certainly can, but I am asking if you are saying there will no longer be a struggle?  

Butero, thanks for the follow up questions. Let me answer the three questions first, if that is ok.

1) You asked if I am walking in that freedom? Yes, absolutely. But let me also add this, because many can misunderstand here. Our walk as new creatures is a walk of faith. It is not something we achieve. No matter where we are in the Lord, no matter how big of small our sins are that we struggle with, when we actually take the leap of faith and reckon ourself dead to sin and alive unto Him as new creatures, we have armed ourselves with our shield of faith. Satan will continue to try to lure us into sin and self rule. That does not stop. What stops is our yielding ourselves to it, because we meet him with our testimony that we are dead and our life is His with Christ in God. God strengthens us, and actually causes us to resist the enemy. It is quite extraordinary. 

This is not true when we believe  it hard enough. Then it again becomes an achievement. It IS true and that is why we can believe it with whatever faith we possess right now, even if it is mustard seed sized faith. We always have just enough! 

But because this is a walk of faith, abiding in Christ, we start out with weak faith. It does not change the truth of who we are one iota, but it does affect our enjoyment of it and steadiness in it. So early one, when one steps out in faith and combines the blood of the lamb with the words of  his testimony as to who he is inside, we can indeed slip. We need to understand that we have entered into our good fight of faith. The goal? To become established in it!

So, IF we slip up and sin, it is imperative after we repent that we abandon any unbelief that allowed us to fall,  and again hoist up our shield of faith. It frustrates Satan to no end. LOL. And to our joy and amazevent, as we do, our faith GROWS. At some point, one’s faith becomes so strong that slipping simply does not happen any longer for the abiding with the Lord is never broken. 

Where am I personally? Slipping occasionally happens, but not often. The large sins I have battled in the past are gone. Am I established in the truth of my new nature? I suspect not because slipping would never happen, but my journey has taken me a long way from where I was. And as well, spiritual fruits have grown in me that amaze me. I have far to go, but the changes I have seen in my character are so dramatic when I look back on who I was, and I am so very thankful and trust theywill continue. God wants us FRUITFUL! Much fruit! More fruit! 

One last thing about this reckoning of which I speak. There is no pride here. Once you truly believe and refuse to give it up when tempted and you find God indeed does actually cause us to not slip, humility replaces pride. This is one of the great indicators as to whether someone sees it or not. Everything we have as a follower of Jesus is by grace, through faith.. Forgiveness? Grace! Obedience?  Grace! Sanctification?  Again, grace. 

2) Trying not to try is simply another version of try. Let go and let God? Same. This can lead to a lazy believer who says “God will change me when he is ready” but their heart is not hungry fro that change. 

I see it instead as a yoke. We are yoked with Jesus. He pulls the plow but we are plowing. We do things but it is Him doing them IN us. We read the things we need to do, and our spirit replies Yes! We move with God, but it is His power in us that accomplishes the work, and we know it implicitly. 

3) You asked if I believe if we still need to resist Satan. Absolutely!. Of course we resist. But HOW do we resist? Steadfast in the faith! Not by our efforts. Not by accountability partners. Not by resolving never to give into that sin again. By faith! Satan will come and try to pry our testimony out of our mouths. This is huge to Him for he knows that once we get this, he is in deep trouble. 

We hold up our shield of faith and hold fast to the truth that we are new creatures and that the old us is gone, dead, buried. That is critical in our fight. Without that shield up, we are thrown back on our strength, our will to resist. We are back in Romans 7. And failure will again rear its ugly head. 

We do indeed strive but according to His striving  IN US. It is now a partnership. As Paul said, it is no more I that live, but Christ who lives IN me. And the life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God. We no longer struggle to gain the victory. We have the victory, and we are planted on the high ground and told to occupy and hold onto the victory till He comes. The difference is like night and day. 

Ok,now, let’s see. What else? Will we get to the place where there is no struggle? Oh, yes! How can we experience rest, and the Free indeed if we always have to struggle? We are told to struggle to enter into the rest. At first glance, it makes no sense. But when we first see it, our self nature is to try to get there. We still have confidence in our fleshly efforts. The struggle is to come to the end of ourselves and conclude that in me, my old man, nothing good dwells. NOTHING. 

The Israelites were told that God had given them the land of promise. It was theirs! But it was occupied by others, Every step they took would be theirs, but they still had to drive out the inhabitants of the promised land, amen? Yes, we will face battles before there is full rest. But God has promised us we would win every battle..... if we will simply hold up our shield of faith and believe Him.

But, there comes a time that all the resistance is defeated ,driven out and once they are removed,, real rest is ours. He that has entered his rest has ceased from his own labors, even as God did from His. Listen though. This is huge.y important.

The struggle is NOT with our flesh.

This is crucial. How do we know this? Our flesh is dead! We still live in fleshly bodies, but our spirits are fleshly no more. We are new creatures! Our struggle is with Satan and his efforts to get us back into unbelief. It is not with our ability to resist sin in ourselves. Satan will still tempt us, but it gets to the point where we can say to the enemy of our souls when temptation comes “Oh, it’s you again. Don’t you ever give up? “  That, dear brother, is real freedom. 

Ok, the last question, which is the hardest to answer. You asked if all are in their grave clothes or most? I am sure that this message is beginning to be heard in many places all over the world. It is not “my” message. I am nobody. But God will take a whole army of nobodies and together, we will become the bride of Christ, glorious to look at, and prepared to meet her future husband.

If I am honest, and I will be, I have to say that in eleven years of sharing this, I have seen others who are enjoying it only a handful of times. We have ALL been sleeping. ALL. In all the cases I have witnessed, those who awakened and lit their lamps were in their own efforts “bad Christians”  and they knew it. They were broken, impotent, unable to resist the pull of the flesh and knew they needed a miracle. That seems to be a common mindset. Until we truly hate our old nature and our sin, however big or small becomes exceedingly sinful to us,  we are not yet ready to see what God wants us to see. They that are in the flesh CANNOT please Him even if we want to. That is a hard place to come to. 

It was the same mindset that Paul had in Romans 7. He knew he was carnal, and saw no hope in himself of ever getting free. He saw himself as a wretched man. He was perfectly prepared to “only believe”. He came to God with NO strength, no confidence in the flesh, and needed God to do EVERYTHING. And praise God, He does those things for us, but not as we envision it. He does it THROUGH us, IN us. Again, the yoke of which I spoke. 

One other characteristic of someone who has been awakened and lit their lamps is that they have their minds renewed. They see themselves as sojourners, eternal people, not people of this world system. We are here, and we do not lose our balance as to our earthly responsibilities. In fact, we do them better than before. But in all things, we see eternity, we see Jesus and are not of this world. When we look in the mirror, we see Christ in us. 

Ok, enough for you to try to digest. If you have more questions, Butero, I will do my best to answer them. I really appreciate your godly attitude in trying to really umderstand where I am coming from. Thank you for that. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

Duff, here you are wrong. We have the Holy Spirit, but for the vast majority of us, we have not yet lit our lamps by reckoning our old nature as dead. Thus, our struggle in our minds is with us. We are found trying to get victory over our flesh. We are found trying to die to self. But self effort will not kill self. We are fighting a phantom. The very fact we are trying to battle the old us is proof we do not yet believe we are truly new creatures. 100% new. 

We are told that our  battle is not against flesh and blood. Do we believe that? It is liberating when we see it. We are NOT dual natures. There is no black dog in us fighting our white dog part. There is simply unbelief on our part that we truly are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. 

Why is the church in such a mess? Why are there so many carnal believers? Why are we so religious and resemble either pharisees with their hardline legalities or as clones of Laodecia who look for a grace that makes our sins ok? Because we are asleep! We read the words of the Bible that tell us to awKe to righteousness and sin not, and read that as something we must do....stop sinning! But it never dawns on is that it is a promise! If we awake  to righteousness, His IN us, we WILL sin not. It is a promise!

There indeed is something that must happen if we are to walk pleasing to Him. We must, by faith, put off our old man and put on our new nature.... Christ in us. It can happen this very hour, if we are broken and admit we need it in order to love as a true child of God. As a whole, this event is still coming, but for a few it already is. There is no need to wait. But if we have not lit our lamps, we will go out with great zeal, but no life. And the results will confirm to us what God has told us.

Nothing profits but a new nature

Blessings, dear brother,

me

Edited by Gideon

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

An 'I wonder why moment.'... I wonder why Paul told Timothy to 'flee youthful lust' instead of 'consider your self dead to sin but alive to God' ?

Do you not see there are battles still to fight? As we put off our old nature by faith, and we put on our new ones...when we read of exhortations out of the Word, we not only embrace them, we do them! Or to be more exact, Christ does it in us, through us. In the past, we would read those words of Paul, and try to do them, and we would fail.... and often. But when we walk in newness of life, when we abide in Christ as new matured individuals, we DO flee  youthful lusts and succeed! 

What I share does not contradict the words of the Bible. We walk in full agreeemt wit it not only with our minds but also with our actions!

Blessings, Yowm

Gids

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Gideon said:

Brother, here you are wrong

About what ?.

The shaking that is beginning to happen even now is a shaking that will leave us as true Christians, overcoming by the blood of the lamb AND the words of OUR testimony. . There will be no separation of us and Christ. We are ONE and will abide there.  No part old man and part new man.

The truth is there has never been such a thing. From the day we were saved we have been new creatures. But unbelief has blinded us to that truth and robbed us of the joy it brings and the power we have to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil. If Christ dwells in us, we ARE dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. And the only thing robbing us of it’s enjoyment is the fact we have never come into agreement with God that we are no longer in the flesh but in the Spirit and that we owe our flesh, our corrupt old nature NOTHING. Praise God! Why wait? There is no better time to reckon yourself dead to sin and alive unto God then right now. 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

About what ?.

Sorry Warrior. I had meant to answer Duff, not you. Please forgive me. 

10 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Duff, here you are wrong. We have the Holy Spirit, but for the vast majority of us, we have not yet lit our lamps by reckoning our old nature as dead. Thus, our struggle in our minds is with us. We are found trying to get victory over our flesh. We are found trying to die to self. But self effort will not kill self. We are fighting a phantom. The very fact we are trying to battle the old us is proof we do not yet believe we are truly new creatures. 100% new. 

We are told that our  battle is not against flesh and blood. Do we believe that? It is liberating when we see it. We are NOT dual natures. There is no black dog in us fighting our white dog part. There is simply unbelief on our part that we truly are dead and our life is hid with Christ in God. 

Why is the church in such a mess? Why are there so many carnal believers? Why are we so religious and resemble either pharisees with their hardline legalities or as clones of Laodecia who look for a grace that makes our sins ok? Because we are asleep! We read the words of the Bible that tell us to awKe to righteousness and sin not, and read that as something we must do....stop sinning! But it never dawns on is that it is a promise! If we awake  to righteousness, His IN us, we WILL sin not. It is a promise!

There indeed is something that must happen if we are to walk pleasing to Him. We must, by faith, put off our old man and put on our new nature.... Christ in us. It can happen this very hour, if we are broken and admit we need it in order to love as a true child of God. As a whole, this event is still coming, but for a few it already is. There is no need to wait. But if we have not lit our lamps, we will go out with great zeal, but no life. And the results will confirm to us what God has told us.

Blessings, dear brother,

me

True believers DONT SIT Under men that teach what most today teach Gideon.    Even as a babe I was called out .    

IF we have THE SPIRIT , then the body is dead because of sin.    so this vast majoritiy you speak of ,  DONT .    IF our lamp is not LIT ,   WE DONT HAVE the SPIRIT .

We got to keep this simple .   The thing most miss about the parable of ten virgins ,   FIVE NEVER MADE IT.   They didn't make it at the end READ the WHOLE parable.

Says five WERE WISE and five were foolish.   the foolish,   NEVER got the door opened ,  oh sure they went out to men who sold,  but when they came back

NO DOOR OPENS .   so the moral of the story is   BE MADE WISE IN JESUS ,   or you wont make it .     I know most sunday school teachers and preachers wont black and white

it like that .   THEY like giving a   GOOD ENDING to the story .    ONLY FOR them FIVE is their a good ending ,  the others who took no oil,  had no light ,   BAD END.

SO the moral of tonights lesson is,    GET EM RIGHT NOW . 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Blessings, dear brother,

me

Gideon an interesting question just popped in my skull.      I was wondering if you could explain what it means

When JESUS says on the day of resurrection ,  some will awake to the resurrection of the just and others to the resurrection of damanation .

care to explain that .    I know what it means,   I was wondering what you think it means . 

13 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

True believers DONT SIT Under men that teach what most today teach Gideon.    Even as a babe I was called out .    

IF we have THE SPIRIT , then the body is dead because of sin.    so this vast majoritiy you speak of ,  DONT .    IF our lamp is not LIT ,   WE DONT HAVE the SPIRIT .

We got to keep this simple .   The thing most miss about the parable of ten virgins ,   FIVE NEVER MADE IT.   They didn't make it at the end READ the WHOLE parable.

Says five WERE WISE and five were foolish.   the foolish,   NEVER got the door opened ,  oh sure they went out to men who sold,  but when they came back

NO DOOR OPENS .   so the moral of the story is   BE MADE WISE IN JESUS ,   or you wont make it .     I know most sunday school teachers and preachers wont black and white

it like that .   THEY like giving a   GOOD ENDING to the story .    ONLY FOR them FIVE is their a good ending ,  the others who took no oil,  had no light ,   BAD END.

SO the moral of tonights lesson is,    GET EM RIGHT NOW . 

Have I ever said anything different as to the end of the five foolish virgins, brother, even once? We must be careful not to make inferences that try to put words in our mouths to further an argument we are trying to make. ALL awoke. Not all were willing to pay the price once the cost was  presented. The price? Hate ones old nature and lose one’s life so that Christ can live IN us. Glory!

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon